Pleban Girls Party - Going 'Wild' for the Turkey Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I can't wait to read the old thread to see what inspired this title! :lol:

:wave:

gluey said:
The lone NZ contingent is here...dunno about those convicts though.....:macdevil:
Who are you calling a convict... :tongue: My Mum's English and Dad's side of the family came out here in the 1850s (free!) , so there :wink:

:D Hey Gluey, and Wild if you're still about :hug:

I once saw a New Zealander working in a fish and chip shop in St Kilda... I felt so sorry for the poor guy. I can't imagine how many smart-arses would have come up to him and asked for "fush und chups" every day... :reject:

How are Kiwiland and/or England today?

:giggle: What? Feesh and Cheeps did you say???

Kiwiland has been bloody cold today!! Nice and sunny, but we had a damn heavy frost this morning!! My toes finally defrosted at midday!

Yes, feesh and cheeps... :giggle: ... :drool:

Ack, frosts suck. We don't get them so much in Melbourne... well, not this year at least. I'm pretty sure last winter I was scraping a fair bit of ice off my car, but I think that was an exceptionally cold winter. Reminded me of Canberra :yuck:

Was sunny here today too... I was looking at the sort of temperatures I can expect in England next month, and I think there might not be much difference between here and there at the moment! Although I don't think we've got quite as much flooding going on. :uhoh:

How's the widget collection coming along? :wink:

:shifty: Widgets?? What Widgets?? :angel: I love my widgets. Sadly I only have 4 at the moment as my 4yr old son was making rockets :yes: with them at kindy......:shifty: Thank goodness the teacher didn't ask where they came from!!

Ugh the weather has been horrible here lately. There is sooooooo much flooding in Northland it's not funny, we're REALLY boggy here thanks to the rain, but being at the top of the hill prevents flooding! Where abouts are you going exactly with all your travels?

:hug: JEN!!!

d490065a.png

Incase you missed it before....:shifty:

Hey Jen! Nice new status... not sure I'm fond of your location though :yikes:
I got my refund already :drool:
How's it going?

:lmao: You never saw them using widgets to make rockets on Playschool! :tsk: :giggle:
Maybe teacher already knows... :shifty:
What if all the other kids want to make rockets too? You'll have to provide widgets for all of them... :lol:

Living on a hill is definitely a bonus when there are floods happening. Do you have to travel by boat anywhere yet? :huh:

I'll be spending a month in the UK - first week in Brighton with family, then a couple of days in Axminster (or is it Axeminster?) with my great-aunt; then I'm staying with a friend near Plymouth before going to stay with another friend near Glasgow for a week; then it's back down to England with some more friends who live in Beachley, if you know it.. it's on the River Wye, right near the border with Wales. And after that I'm flying out to America to a sci-fi convention in Atlanta, then visiting yet another friend in Chicago, and finally a few days in Hawaii for some drooling over a volcano before we head home (my mum's coming with me, although we're not going to all the same places together).
And then I have one day to recover before going back to work... :lmao: ... :crack:

I was going to ask you, gluey, whether you knew if Effanbee had been around lately? Ages ago, there was a thread in Lemonade Stand about Stonehenge, and I wanted to let her know I'd say hello for her when I visit it next month...

Last edited:
mysterious_jen said:
ali please please tell me you will at least do weekend trip to dublin ?
I can't! :sad: The airfares would cost a fortune this late in the game, I don't know anyone there, and I'm too scared to go somewhere totally on my own. Plus I dunno if you need a visa for going to Ireland or what... And I'd feel bad taking time away from my friends and family to run around taking photos of HQ (not that I have any idea where it, or anything in Dublin, is). :(

There is a tiny dream that hardly dares to whisper its name... I would love to see U2 in Dublin for the next tour (and meet a tonne of PLEBAns), that's my next savings goal... :shifty: :shh:

Sadly, I wasn't in a big U2-fandom phase when I planned this trip :reject:

Hey gals,:wave: I've just finished watching Calamity Jane so now I have showtunes stuck in my head:reject: now I'm watching Gilmore Girls:reject: :reject:

Oooh Ali, you have to go to Dublin, you never know, you may be posting in fan fics about getting a ride from Bono. . . . . . . . . . . . in his car I mean :eyebrow:

^ :lol: I don't have that kind of luck, trust me! You don't hear anyone talking about the Luck of the second-generation English-Australian :giggle:

:scream: ahh well ali it was worth a shot hon...

i will come with you on that dream u2/dublin trip... walking frames can go on a plan right? :wink:

:wave: hi cin, i do have to question your television tastes...

Alisaura said:
I'll be spending a month in the UK - first week in Brighton with family, then a couple of days in Axminster (or is it Axeminster?) with my great-aunt; then I'm staying with a friend near Plymouth before going to stay with another friend near Glasgow for a week; then it's back down to England with some more friends who live in Beachley, if you know it.. it's on the River Wye, right near the border with Wales. And after that I'm flying out to America to a sci-fi convention in Atlanta, then visiting yet another friend in Chicago, and finally a few days in Hawaii for some drooling over a volcano before we head home (my mum's coming with me, although we're not going to all the same places together).
And then I have one day to recover before going back to work... :lmao: ... :crack:

I was going to ask you, gluey, whether you knew if Effanbee had been around lately? Ages ago, there was a thread in Lemonade Stand about Stonehenge, and I wanted to let her know I'd say hello for her when I visit it next month...

Wow! That sounds like and AMAZING trip! Can't wait to hear all about it :drool:

Effanbee comes and lurks all the time....I can email her if you like, PM me your email address and I'll pass it on to her if you like!

Yeah I know, I could kick myself too, but I only have so much time/leave/money. :( Next time!!
We can put your walking frame up the back next to my wheelchair, it's all good :up: :wink:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Gilmore Girls, I confess... but two of my housemates LOVE it. :no: I try to tune it out... I have headphones attached to my computer :reject:

mysterious_jen said:
i got my evil overloard supervisor position today :hyper: the take over commences monday. :evil:
Awesome! :hi5: :evil: :applaud: Congratulations! Does this mean you'll have more time for blue crack, or less? :wink:

gluey said:
Effanbee comes and lurks all the time....I can email her if you like, PM me your email address and I'll pass it on to her if you like!
That would be great, thank you! :D PM comin' atcha...

I should be able to hop on the net now and then while I'm travelling, I'll try to pop in and say Hi when I can :yes:

cinnaminson said:

agreed.:ohmy: like the new profile too, all new and fancy now that you're an evil overlord. Hope you have your all black outfit and deathstare ready:macdevil:

yep, got my evil eyebrow wax and hair trim today , some new (well second hand) jeans and i think i will bring much much more u2 into the decor at work :drool:

and friday is now compulsory band tshirt day

ok off to get the evil overloard body into shape catch you all later !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
:( - i know you will have a great trip ali but i will miss you heaps ! :hug:

Alisaura said:

Awesome! :hi5: :evil: :applaud: Congratulations! Does this mean you'll have more time for blue crack, or less? :wink:

same amount of time for blue crack, untill we get the net hooked up properly :evil: something i will be pushing very very HARD for trust me !

Oooh! I wanna come and work for you now! U2 decor :drool:

Aww, I'll miss you guys too :hug: ... I won't have much chance to talk U2 to people! Except my friend in Scotland who I'm trying to convert :evil:
Seeya Jen! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom