Pleban Girls Party: Going Crazy for the Boys Tonight .... and every night!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Diane! :hug:

Look in the tour forum. There may be tickets available from interferencers for the other Jersey show you want to go to. :)

I am seriously debating this, especially since the second show seems to have the more adventurous setlist. Money is very tight, tho, which is really why I can't have all the adventures I would like!!! Waiting outside MSG to try to meet the guys, meeting Ruff and Dazz and other Interferencers...those were great GREAT times!!!

Anyway, DG, take care. :hug:

What got me into U2 was Pride. I heard it back in the summer of 2004. Of wasn't the first U2 song I heard, or even the first time I had listened to Pride. But after that, for some reason I would get all excited about Pride when it came on the radio. It coincided with the release of HTDAAB, so I bought the album and started exploring their previous work. After that, I got into Desire and Elevation on the radio so I bought R+H and ATYCLB(ironically they both rank in the bottom of my U2 album list lol) A few months later, I got JT and AB for my birthday. This pushed U2 from the ranking of "band I really like" to "holy fuck I think this music is gonna change my life." :cute: Not too long after that, I got U2 tickets and joined interference.

[/fandomhistory]

That's a great story! I've always loved Pride and still do to this day. Even during the years that my fandom waned a bit, I'd hear it on the radio and get chills.

I paid a some attention during the ATYCLB era, but I was in the thick of school at the time, and very, very busy between that, being a single parent and all the rest. In the lead up to the Vertigo single being released, I was really excited. I still remember hearing the radio premiere of it while I was driving to pick Sarah up at the mall, I listened to it on one station, and then when it was over, I went through my presets and all the stations were playing it. Then the night they were on SNL, I remember telling Sarah we had to watch it, that they're amazing live...and they were even better than I remembered, I was blown away. I ordered Slane right away, and then it came a few days later. My exams were starting, and I said to Sarah "I have a feeling that if I start watching this now, I won't be able to stop...I should wait till exams are done." Of course, I didn't wait, not much studying got done that term...and here we are. :)

DG, that's wonderful news about U2 on SNL! I think that will help lift sales of NLOTH considerably.

Right now I'm just bummed that I couldn't afford the Hall of Fame concert, and I'm only going to one show this year. Last tour was funded by credit cards, and I no longer have that option, so I'm not going to have nearly as much U2 fun as I want. Oh, well, I have high hopes for next year!

Hope all is going well for all the PLEBA girls! :hug:

Hey Diane, long time, hope you're well, too! :hug:

Need to go tend to dinner for a bit!

Random question: Do you think Adam plays golf, or, alternatively, got a set of clubs as a gift and they're collecting dust in some forgotten closet in his house?

I don't know why, but this is suddenly bugging me.

On a sugar rush and I've been giggling all night.

You?

Random question: Do you think Adam plays golf, or, alternatively, got a set of clubs as a gift and they're collecting dust in some forgotten closet in his house?

I don't know why, but this is suddenly bugging me.

I don't imagine Adam to be a golfer. And yes, very random question. :lol:

Nah, golf requires too much effort. I imagine he has some forgotten set of clubs somewhere in his house, though.

Sounds like my son - Mr.Z took him to ice cream right before bedtime and he was totally bouncing off the walls. We made him run circles around the house before bed :lol:

:lol: What a coinkydink. I had ice cream after dinner and :hyper:

I'm offically in training again (race Oct 18th - just registered) so no ice cream for me. :sad:

so, I'm gonna go spend some quality time with Mr.Z so g'night Jess and DG! :hug:s for you both.

if you're referring to what I think you're referring to, yeah, I love her, too.

Probably the most awesome thing to happen in that forum in a while.

What happened??? *feels left out* :sad:

:wave: Slopsy - don't know if I've ever chatted w/ you but one of the first things I saw on here was the pics of you and Gluey with Larry :love: . And welcome floweravalanche

edit: does search, finds an interesting and :applaud:worthy post

+1 :love:

So, I know I haven't really been in here for AGES, but y'know, I'm so fucking sick of all the negativity in the rest of the forum that I think I'll come back to sticking around here, if y'all don't mind too much. :wave:

I was telling wild that you need to post here more. :hyper:

We found Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream below sea level in Lelystad today. :drool:

And we're still eating the incredible Swiss choc from Zurich... :drool: :drool:

Belated :wave: and :hug: to Wild and Zooey and VP and everyone!

Wow. Britney Spears - Oops I did it again is now playing on the radio. This station just wins in their randomness. :lol: They also play Discotheque!

Back
Top Bottom