Pleban Girls Party - get out the green jell-o for the St Paddy's day wrestling!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alisaura said:
Thanks for the tab GG2 :D I'll copy that down at some point...

Series, like that three-painting series of the settler in the bush with his young wife and the grave? That's sad... :(
Or Andy Warhol "four identical pictures in different colours" kinda series?
... Cos like I know SO much about art. :lol:

And you work in a library? Cool...

yeah...both really, like monet painted series' of haystacks/the japanese bridge in his garden/waterlilies....it's kinda logical but vague at the same time! but you are definitely on the right track!
nah, i don't work in a library, just volunteer at my school's library - it's super tiny and only open 3 hrs a day, so yeah, it's kinda fun cos when i was a kid i always wanted to be a librarian :reject: :lol:

andberlin said:

i remember the vertigo bass tab i read was really weird and didn't sound right...but that might just be me. 10/5/7/3 is my wowy as well.....:scratch:

The first WOWY tab I saw went:

A|- 5 - 0 - 2-
E|- - - - - - - -3 etc....

But you can hear him doing the slide from E|- 3/10... :shrug:

Libraries are cool... :cool:

Alisaura said:

The first WOWY tab I saw went:

A|- 5 - 0 - 2-
E|- - - - - - - -3 etc....

But you can hear him doing the slide from E|- 3/10... :shrug:

Libraries are cool... :cool:

yea and you can clearly see him playing ONLY one string in the WOWY vid :drool: cooolest adam movement evarh

i need to pay better attention to clips! i was just sitting around at home when i worked it out on the E string...i thought i'd done it wrong cos it was so easy :lol:

they're the coolest! i just hope i can work out all the procedures!

Galeongirl said:

yea and you can clearly see him playing ONLY one string in the WOWY vid :drool: cooolest adam movement evarh

I haven't looked very closely at the WOWY clip for a while... :reject: It is a hawt clip though... :drool:
Someone on Interference took a You Tube vid of Adam during WOWY at one of the Australian shows... I'll have to find it (when You Tube decides to start working again) and study it... :nerd: :D

Question: How many fingers do you tend to use on your right hand (if you're right handed)? Or do you use a pick? I've never used a pick, I'm sure I'm making life difficult for myself... :lol:

andberlin said:
i need to pay better attention to clips! i was just sitting around at home when i worked it out on the E string...i thought i'd done it wrong cos it was so easy :lol:

I think Adam tends towards simplicity... I probably prefer keeping my left hand in the same position to sliding around, but that might be cos I'm not that good with the slide yet... :reject:

(And I'm not bagging Adam for having relatively straightforward basslines... it makes my life easier after all! And there are tonnes more that are way too complicated for me... is it just me, or did he play more complicated lines for the old B-sides as opposed to singles and album tracks from the same era?)

Last edited:
Alisaura said:
Question: How many fingers do you tend to use on your right hand (if you're right handed)? Or do you use a pick? I've never used a pick, I'm sure I'm making life difficult for myself... :lol:

two, since WOWY is a fourt thingy, so it's easier to keep the rhytmn for me...

but don't take things from me, I'm a newb/beginner without any lessons!

Galeongirl said:

two, since WOWY is a fourt thingy, so it's easier to keep the rhytmn for me...

but don't take things from me, I'm a newb/beginner without any lessons!

So do I... I know my teacher was trying to get me to use more for the stuff I was learning from him (ie, simple jazz lines), but I'm lazy... and it was five years ago. :slant:
I think that You Tube vid showed Adam using all four fingers though... I tried that once, and I think my fingers are too different in length... :lol:
Practice makes perfect... :shrug:

i haven't used a pick, but i'm a newb to it as well....i do the two finger thing on WOWY as well.

anyways...i really do want to hang around and talk bass, but i've got an early start tomorrow...g'night ladies :wave: :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:
I love life with a note of absurdity

something strikes me as quite amusing as a imagine myself sitting here, silly grin upon my face, in the middle of a library typing with one hand with a GIANT cone of purple cotten candy....

:ohmy: Do you actually have purple cotton candy right now?:hyper:

Share?:flirt:

And how are you, btw?:hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Oh, I most certainly do...and it is DELICIOUS :drool:

Share?

:hmm:

Well, I suppose.....:flirt:

I'm doin pretty good, thanks....freaking out about a big test I have tommorrow. Just typical school stuff.
How are you? :hug:

I'll be right over! I'm good. I'm freaking out about my iTunes libary. When I went to plug my iPod in this morning, my library was gone, and it said that my iPod was sycnched to another libary. (which is impossible:huh:) and I have no idea what's wrong. All my music is still on the iPod, and it will charge, but no libarary..:mad: :rant:

This is completely unimportant compared to your test, so I'll stop.:wink:

Weird! :crazy:
I suppose it could be worse..it could have cleared out your Ipod too...isn't that what normally happens if you plug into a computer that has a different library then your own?
I don't actually own one, but I've heard many a tale of the woe's theier trials and tribulations impart upon thier owners.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Weird! :crazy:
I suppose it could be worse..it could have cleared out your Ipod too...isn't that what normally happens if you plug into a computer that has a different library then your own?
I don't actually own one, but I've heard many a tale of the woe's theier trials and tribulations impart upon thier owners.

The only computer I've ever plugged my iPod into is my laptop, which no one else uses but me. There's only one iTunes library accound on it, and that's mine, so I have no idea what's wrong.:scream: :banghead:

Hold me....:sad:

Awwww :hug:

Have you tried rebooting...they always told us that would fix our computers at school when I was little. :happy:

Run virus checks and the like?

That's weird for something to just disappear....unless it's all been somehow moved to another folder or something.

<--- is technologically incomptant.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Awwww :hug:

Have you tried rebooting...they always told us that would fix our computers at school when I was little. :happy:

Run virus checks and the like?

That's weird for something to just disappear....unless it's all been somehow moved to another folder or something.

<--- is technologically incomptant.

So am I:wink: I haven't tried that yet, because I don't to mess anything up further. I posted in the tech. forum, so hopefully I'll get some answers soon. Have that nuclear explosion pic. handy?:happy: :|

:lol:

Here ya go :kiss:

WE12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom