Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

~BrightestStar~ said:

*So* not the point. :heart:

Seriously though, what is with England? They were beyond underwhelming....
Are they just slow starting...?

:|

ok, i'll say this one more time. coz people keep on going on about it.

yes they start slowly, always do...rarely ever win the openers.

qualifying after 2 games is faaaaar better than normal, regardless of the performance. it means we actually have some good luck this time, first time for a looong time.

:rant:

people really need to stop the england bashing...we won 2 games! i for one never dreamt we would win the first 2 games, so in reality it's a helluva start.

stop the england bashing :scream:

:shifty:

and yes, Wild should beat you :tsk:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

the rockin edge said:

:|

ok, i'll say this one more time. coz people keep on going on about it.

yes they start slowly, always do...rarely ever win the openers.

qualifying after 2 games is faaaaar better than normal, regardless of the performance. it means we actually have some good luck this time, first time for a looong time.

:rant:

people really need to stop the england bashing...we won 2 games! i for one never dreamt we would win the first 2 games, so in reality it's a helluva start.

stop the england bashing :scream:

:shifty:

and yes, Wild should beat you :tsk:

:shame:

Did I bash? I simply said they were unimpressive.
Hence why I asked if they are the type to be slow starting, since I'm not overly familar with them.

I wish she would :combust:

You didn't see the end of the game though, right? Can you explain why TnT's goal didn't count? I thought I heard the commentor make some call but I didn't catch it...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

~BrightestStar~ said:

:shame:

Did I bash? I simply said they were unimpressive.
Hence why I asked if they are the type to be slow starting, since I'm not overly familar with them.

I wish she would :combust:

You didn't see the end of the game though, right? Can you explain why TnT's goal didn't count? I thought I heard the commentor make some call but I didn't catch it...

:crazy: well they have been ripping into them in the sports thread, so i'm in a bad football mood :angry:

sorry then :angry:

i heard the goal was offiside...i'm going to watch the 2nd half when it's downloaded later tonight.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

the rockin edge said:

:crazy: well they have been ripping into them in the sports thread, so i'm in a bad football mood :angry:

sorry then :angry:

i heard the goal was offiside...i'm going to watch the 2nd half when it's downloaded later tonight.

All the commentators were saying that despite them winning the fans and media were not going to be celebrating...
Poor guys.

And you should be sorry. :angry:
I'll cheer for them against sweden though, just for you. :flirt:

It was such a pretty goal...:drool:

What does it mean when it's offside?

~BrightestStar~ said:

Ouch! :(
Poor thing! Have they gotten it out?

No, I told her to let her sleep there for the night. In the morning, When she gets hungry enough, she'll find a way to get it out herself.

:lmao: :shifty: What?

No, they had it out before they called, they were trying to decide whether it was an ER visit or a ice, motrin and keep an eye on it for the night sort of deal

She was already calmed down, not crying or screaming, just pointing to it and saying 'boo boo' and there was no obvious deformity so I told her to ice, rest and wait. :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

~BrightestStar~ said:

All the commentators were saying that despite them winning the fans and media were not going to be celebrating...
Poor guys.

And you should be sorry. :angry:
I'll cheer for them against sweden though, just for you. :flirt:

It was such a pretty goal...:drool:

What does it mean when it's offside?

well i *was celebrating, until i read the online reaction :angry:

and i'm begining to think the english press wouldnt celebrate even if we won the world cup. :|

offside means the player who scored (or was involved in the move) was beyond the last defender when the ball was passed to him :nerd:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm glad it wasn't too bad! My friend got her finger caught in door once :yikes:

yeah, that's a hard lesson to learn - Jeffy got his finger pinched in a car door a couple of weeks back :yikes: :scream:

and my brother got just the tip of one finger caught in a folding closet door when we were little. :uhoh: that one was bad. It was just an injury to the fleshy part not the bone :yikes: a few stitches were in order

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

I think I've been luckey enough to avoid any serious door incidents...or else have blocked them from memory. :yikes: My friend's finger got broken in a couple places if I recall correctly....ouch!!

the rockin edge said:

well i *was celebrating, until i read the online reaction :angry:

offside means the player who scored (or was involved in the move) was beyond the last defender when the ball was passed to him :nerd:

:hmm: Interesting....

Nerd:love:

Oh, you saw the save by Terry right? I'll ask your expert :nerd: opinion. During the game the commentators said, (and the way I saw and still see it), there was the commotion in front of the net, the TnT player headed it..and Terry managed to stop it (nice move btw)
But now in all the broadcasts and replays they're basically discounting any TnT involvement and claiming it was an (almost) own goal....

:wave:

Just checking in before I go to bed. :wink:

I wish I had cable so I could watch World Cup football. It has to be better than watching Detroit Lions football.

Just about anything is better than watching Lions football. :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

~BrightestStar~ said:
:hmm: Interesting....

Nerd:love:

Oh, you saw the save by Terry right? I'll ask your expert :nerd: opinion. During the game the commentators said, (and the way I saw and still see it), there was the commotion in front of the net, the TnT player headed it..and Terry managed to stop it (nice move btw)
But now in all the broadcasts and replays they're basically discounting any TnT involvement and claiming it was an (almost) own goal....

well it may have come off the england player last, but the TnT player was right next to him, they both went for the ball....i'm not sure who touched it last, but the reason it was going in was because of the TnT player.

i'm going to watch the 2nd half now :wave:

Back
Top Bottom