Pleban Girls Party - Fast Cars in the Motor City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VP snuck a question in at the end of the last thread - yes I will be at both Detroit shows in the GA line :hyper:

Actually 4 mods will be there at one point or another - me, Miro, Bonochick, and neutral :dance:

bonosloveslave said:
I am having a total brain fart - what are SG and VP names in real life?

I'm Dawn...I talked to you briefly in Chicago, but don't think I really introduced myself properly. It was on the first day, behind the fence just before Bono came out, and a group of you were getting your pics taken. :)

sami0201 said:
SG, I've always meant to ask you....might sound weird but why is your name Sad Girl? :( you don't have to answer or anything, I was just curious :)

:lol: I've been asked that once or twice :wink:

1. It was a nickname given to me by the first boy I ever loved. He did not feel the same way for me. Thus, he thought I was a very sad girl because he made me cry frequently. Sometimes It's harder when they are your close friends. At least if he had turned into a jerk I could've gotten mad at him for not loving me and avoided him. :sigh:

2. I am very open and honest about the fact that I am the survivor of a suicide attempt - Thanks be to God (for the surviving part, of course :wink: ) - I suffer from severe depression, which thanks to God and Modern medicine (and the music of a certain band :wink: ) I have gotten under control and am now able to deal with.

Hey Russty :hug:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Are you going to both shows? I'm supposed to be leaving at noon, but haven't packed a thing yet. :uhoh: :lol:

Russty!! :hug:

Yep both shows, I need to get my butt in bed - gotta be at work at 9am in the morning. I've been scrambling around looking for old sweatshirts that I can comfortably throw away - I don't want to wear my thick Columbia coat in the building. I will look like a bag lady til I get in the arena :laugh:

SG :hug: :heart:

I don't know how to write it...I don't have the "gift of the gab" :lol: But thank God :yes: that you're able to deal with everything :hug: Modern medicine is amazing :bow: and it's amazing what those 4 guys that we all love can do for us. It's amazing how the music they've made has affected so many people. I sometimes wonder if they truely know, or if they'll ever know, just what they've done for so many people all around the world :heart:

bonosloveslave said:

Yep both shows, I need to get my butt in bed - gotta be at work at 9am in the morning. I've been scrambling around looking for old sweatshirts that I can comfortably throw away - I don't want to wear my thick Columbia coat in the building. I will look like a bag lady til I get in the arena :laugh:

We were joking about wearing skidoo suits. :yikes: If we can even line up. :|

:hug: Sami :hug: VP :hug: SG :hug: BLS :D

I'm soooooo tired tonight. I have a feeling I will be passing out soon. I'm so jealous you guys are leaving for the shows soon. :( I'll miss ya! But its only 17 more days for me! :hyper:

sami0201 said:
SG :hugheart:

I don't know how to write it...I don't have the "gift of the gab" :lol But thank God :yes that you're able to deal with everything :hug: Modern medicine is amazing :bow and it's amazing what those 4 guys that we all love can do for us. It's amazing how the music they've made has affected so many people. I sometimes wonder if they truely know, or if they'll ever know, just what they've done for so many people all around the world :heart

:hug: Thank you :heart: And I wonder that, too. I wonder if they could ever really fathom it. It's huge!

I tried to communicate it to Adam, but I don't think I did a great job. I just sort of sounded like a babbling fan girl :reject:

I said something along the lines of 'I just wanted you to know how important your music is, how much it means.' then I went on to add 'And I wanted to tell you how much I admire you, in particular'

He was really cute actually, when he said "Well Thank you." and smacked his lips, you know how he does when he talks... :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: I've been asked that once or twice :wink:

1. It was a nickname given to me by the first boy I ever loved. He did not feel the same way for me. Thus, he thought I was a very sad girl because he made me cry frequently. Sometimes It's harder when they are your close friends. At least if he had turned into a jerk I could've gotten mad at him for not loving me and avoided him. :sigh:

2. I am very open and honest about the fact that I am the survivor of a suicide attempt - Thanks be to God (for the surviving part, of course :wink: ) - I suffer from severe depression, which thanks to God and Modern medicine (and the music of a certain band :wink: ) I have gotten under control and am now able to deal with.

Hey Russty :hug:
:hug: :hug:

VintagePunk said:

:hug: :heart:
2.gif

OMG!!OMG!!!OMG!!!! Help me think, girls....I'm bringing my print for Adam to sign...what can I bring for the rest??? Bono's also signed my Convo with B...what else?? You all know what I have, help me!! :lol:

:hug: to everyone!

Don't be getting all mushy its been a very long strange day I might get all teary eyed on ya. :wink: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
OMG!!OMG!!!OMG!!!! Help me think, girls....I'm bringing my print for Adam to sign...what can I bring for the rest??? Bono's also signed my Convo with B...what else?? You all know what I have, help me!! :lol:

do you have the new Rolling Stone for B? :hmm:

If I'm getting something signed by someone, I usually bring the cd jacket of the cd from the tour I'm seeing them on. In Miami I'll probably bring the HTDAAB jacket :shrug:

:lol: I'm no help!!

Back
Top Bottom