Pleban Girls Party - Fast Cars in the Motor City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:
VP 12 hours from now and you'll be gone! :hyper:

GET PACKING!! :shame:

:lol:

SG, are you leaving tomorrow too?

:yes: I've got to beat VP to the hotel, since I'm the one who made the reservations :wink:

VP - :hmm: I'm bringing the HTDAAB book from the DVD/spec. Edition Cd - gonna try and get their hands signed again

How about a copy of rolling stone?

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: I've got to beat VP to the hotel, since I'm the one who made the reservations :wink:

VP - :hmm: I'm bringing the HTDAAB book from the DVD/spec. Edition Cd - gonna try and get their hands signed again

:lol: so exciting!!! :hyper:

we said the same things!
I was thinking about bringing the book :hmm: I actually brought it to NY because I didn't have the little jacket thing but we all know that I couldn't get there early :angry:

*hoping for better luck in Miami*

sami0201 said:

do you have the new Rolling Stone for B? :hmm:

If I'm getting something signed by someone, I usually bring the cd jacket of the cd from the tour I'm seeing them on. In Miami I'll probably bring the HTDAAB jacket :shrug:

:lol: I'm no help!!
No...we hae a subscription, but we only got the issue before a few days ago. I should go pick up the Bono one before we leave. :drool:

And OMG, could he be any hotter on that cover?? :combust:

*Chandler Bing voice*

:lmao:

Sad_Girl said:

The way things are going, I might not be there till 4 or 5. :uhoh:

Sarah did the Rolling Stone thing...got a JT era pic from last year's photography issue signed. :drool:

Don't tell her...she thinks it's hers, but I'm keeping it. :shh: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah did the Rolling Stone thing...got a JT era pic from last year's photography issue signed. :drool:

omg I think I have that picture from that exact magazine on my door thing- is it a 2 page picture by Anton in black and white and Bono is wearing a white t shirt or something and his hair is down? (can't remember exactly)

sami0201 said:

omg I think I have that picture from that exact magazine on my door thing- is it a 2 page picture by Anton in black and white and Bono is wearing a white t shirt or something and his hair is down? (can't remember exactly)

Yes, it's JT era, a Corbijn photo!! Bono signed it "Bono, one, two, tree" :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Thats what you think! She's already got it locked safely away in a safe deposit box under a pseudonym :lmao:

And I don't think he could be any better than he is right now :heart:
54572679_d1772bccaa_b.jpg

Russty Cat said:
Damn I was in a bookstore today and forgot to look for the Rolling STone! :madspit:

Russty: Check out the Rolling Stone web site. The interview, a podcast of the interview, and Vertigo Tour concert photos, are all now posted there.

:drool:

Sad_Girl said:
Credit to Jobob for the title. I stole it :shh:

Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief.

Some Irish guy said that once. :wink:

I was just posting my they-have-to-play-Fast-Cars-in-the-Motor-City theory in the Fast Cars dance appreciation thread, among all the photos of Bono flameco (spelling?) dancing away.

You'd think I want to hear that song again or something ...

I've almost worn out track 12 of my Deluxe edition of HTDAAB, I play Fast Cars so often in my car ...

jobob said:

Russty: Check out the Rolling Stone web site. The interview, a podcast of the interview, and Vertigo Tour concert photos, are all now posted there.

:drool:

thank you Joanne! I'll check it out!

Sad_Girl said:

I was just thinking you might want to stop qwatching the dvd of Bono and maybe that would help dry them out a little

:wink: :giggle:

Oh yeah? Well...

You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy, then you learn to like the way it feels.

Or something. :huh:

:lmao:

I'm so angry about something and I know I should let it go, but I still can't believe this happened to me today. You know you always think your immune somehow from stuff happening to you. You always hear about it happening to other people.

I was hanging out in the tattoo shop where I get my work done, visiting with my friends when this guy comes in who is another friend of some of the people who work there. So he was being really obnoxious and i was just sort of ignoring him. Finally he says out of nowhere to me "So are you gay or what?!" I swear I thought he was going to call me a dyke or something. He said it in such an angry tone. I got so mad I wanted to beat the hell out of the guy. I had no idea where this was even coming from. One of my friends kindly told the guy to go outside and leave me alone. So everyone kind of left the room except my tattoo artist and then she asked me if I was okay and why was I so angry? I told her that I just thought it was fucked up that someone would treat someone they barely know like that. It was none of his business.

I found out later he had seen me hugging my best friend in the parking lot of costco after we had finished shopping together. Totally innocent stuff.

Long story short I was trying not to bash the guys face in. And ended up having the "talk" with a few of my friends that I wasn't really planning on having yet. They were all really great and sweet about the whole thing, but it still really fucked up my day.

sami0201 said:
Russty :hug:

that is messed up about the guy :| who would ask that?

I was thinking the same thing :no: you don't go around asking people stuff like that, for any reason. It's rude and its just none of his damn business :rant:

:hug:

Russty Cat said:

I found out later he had seen me hugging my best friend in the parking lot of costco after we had finished shopping together. Totally innocent stuff.

So in his narrow little mind, this of course means you're gay. What an :censored: !

I'm straight (but not narrow, as the saying goes). One of my best girlfriends happens to be a very conservative, very religious Catholic. Of course, she's straight. We hug each other and call each other silly pet names like "darling" all the time in public. And this bleeping moron would think we were gay too, if he ever saw us.

:censored: !

Back
Top Bottom