Pleban Girls Party- Even our computers love Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FlyYourKite said:

:lol: Well that's good news! :hug:

The studying is going pretty well...my exam on Saturday shouldn't be too bad, it's the one on Wednesday I'm freaking out about. Worth 50%, cumulative and a binder big enough to make trees cry. :sad:

I really feel for you. :hug: Most of my DE exams were worth 40 - 50% of the mark, cause there were no midterms, and it IS stressful when there's that much riding on it. Do you know the format of your exams? We did for most courses, and I found that so helpful. The format of the exam dictated the type of studying I did, so it didn't turn out to be a waste of time.

VintagePunk said:

I really feel for you. :hug: Most of my DE exams were worth 40 - 50% of the mark, cause there were no midterms, and it IS stressful when there's that much riding on it. Do you know the format of your exams? We did for most courses, and I found that so helpful. The format of the exam dictated the type of studying I did, so it didn't turn out to be a waste of time.

:hug: :hmm: All they told us was that it was 100 multiple choice questions, included multiple-multiples (HATE THOSE BUGGERS), was 15-20% of stuff before the midterm...and the rest was everything we've done after that.

Thanks Weldy!

Sad_Girl said:
PC040046_edited-1sm.jpg

:drool: :combust:

Well hello there. :flirt:

:yikes: At first when I saw this pic I thought it was cute :cute: and was a little jealous, because in all of the concerts I went to I tried and tried to get Larry to look down at me and I never even saw him look down into the audience near the stage at all ...

but to tell the truth... the longer I look at the pic, the more I find it unsettling :uhoh: scary, Even!

PC040054_edited-1sm.jpg

~BrightestStar~ said:

So then it's entirely possible that certain "types" of MC questions are causing the problem.
Like maybe you are getting messed up by little tricky wording clues, and stuff like that.

I know what you're saying, I'll ask him tomorrow...but I just feel like there's something going on like I'm studying wrong or something because I'm probably getting all question typers wrong because I'm practically failing. Know what I mean?

I'm gonna ask him though :yes: He's a really nice guy, I'm sure he'll try to help me :)

FlyYourKite said:

:hug: :hmm: All they told us was that it was 100 multiple choice questions, included multiple-multiples (HATE THOSE BUGGERS), was 15-20% of stuff before the midterm...and the rest was everything we've done after that.

Thanks Weldy!

So it's just a ton of factual stuff you need to know. :crazy: At least they've given you some idea of where to focus your studies.

sami........... it seems that .........do you have English tests to take also? .......how do you do on those {thinks that English or Literary test might be clost thing to a history test}

since you are getting much better grades elsewhere........ is it the type of history you're studying??

any memory devices you can use?

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

That sucks. I SO would have blown the whistle on that girl. :mad: Glad you got the day over with though, and that other than your mental state, there was no harm done.

She almost got smacked. :angry:

:lol:

Let me know when you get your paper back - I'm excited! :hyper:

I will! :hyper:
And thank you for looking at it...and for helping me come up with a thesis way back when! :hug:

A lot of people have been getting low marks tho. :| Apperntly they have this vision of giving us low marks so we can improve our second paper.....

Fly:hug:
Exams are stress in a big giant box with a bow. All you can do is study hard and do your best. And I'm sure that you'll do well. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

So it's just a ton of factual stuff you need to know. :crazy: At least they've given you some idea of where to focus your studies.

Yeah... ugh this was the worst class I've ever taken. There was 6 different professors so that made for confusion and inconsistency. Pharmacology is pure memorization and I find it really annoying how we are expected to memorize a bazillion drug names (both trade name and generic name) when all the nurses I've encountered just look stuff up. :shrug:

Sad_Girl said:
:yikes: At first when I saw this pic I thought it was cute :cute: and was a little jealous, because in all of the concerts I went to I tried and tried to get Larry to look down at me and I never even saw him look down into the audience near the stage at all ...

but to tell the truth... the longer I look at the pic, the more I find it unsettling :uhoh: scary, Even!

PC040054_edited-1sm.jpg

that's not a smile, that's a grimace. :yikes: :lol:

Actually, it looks like he's either listening in on his earpiece and concentrating, or trying to adjust it...

dazzledbylight said:
sami........... it seems that .........do you have English tests to take also? .......how do you do on those {thinks that English or Literary test might be clost thing to a history test}

since you are getting much better grades elsewhere........ is it the type of history you're studying??

any memory devices you can use?

I have an A in English..I get A's or B's on the tests :)

I don't think it's the type of history...it's just history in general- it's not interesting to me so I hate studying it...but that's never stopped me from getting good grades before :shrug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

She almost got smacked. :angry:

:lol:

I will! :hyper:
And thank you for looking at it...and for helping me come up with a thesis way back when! :hug:

A lot of people have been getting low marks tho. :| Apperntly they have this vision of giving us low marks so we can improve our second paper.....

I was happy to do it - it was YOU who did the hard part, and did an amazing job of it! :bow: I'll be shocked if you get a low mark, even if it is the name of improvement, or striving harder next term...that was a damn good paper!

Dazzled, w/b!!:hug:

FlyYourKite said:

Yeah... ugh this was the worst class I've ever taken. There was 6 different professors so that made for confusion and inconsistency. Pharmacology is pure memorization and I find it really annoying how we are expected to memorize a bazillion drug names (both trade name and generic name) when all the nurses I've encountered just look stuff up. :shrug:

6 profs?? :yikes: And you're right, it's just one of those BS memory exercises they make you do for no apparent reason. :madspit: I'm sure you'll remember a great deal, and then what you don't remember you'll be able to recall from seeing the responses, or by the process of ellimination. You'll do great. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom