Pleban Girls Party - Cuz we had a bad day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty and Thora, I don't know if you saw this before, thought you might be interested

Sad_Girl said:
Bob Geldof in Africa
http://travel.discovery.com/tvlisti...690&channel=TRV

I just saw an ad for this last night and wondered if you girls had heard about it:

Travel Channel Presents Musician, Campaigner and Philanthropist Sir Bob Geldof's Journey Across a Continent With BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA

- Two Hour Special Making Its US Premiere on Travel Channel -

Join Sir Bob Geldof as he explores the complex mixture of culture, history, climate and politics that lie at the heart of modern Africa. Premiering Monday, October 23, from 9-11 PM (ET/PT), BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA follows his visits across the continent to countries that include Ghana, Benin, Uganda, Tanzania, Somalia and Ethiopia, in an all-encompassing and intellectual journey through visually stunning landscapes.
ADVERTISEMENT

From Live Aid to Live 8, Bob Geldof has spent more than 20 years working on and in the continent of Africa -- The Luminous Continent -- as he refers to it in this program. In BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA, viewers will discover why Geldof has become engrossed with Africa's beauty and people, its 2,000 cultures and languages, its different approaches to development, economics and politics, and witness the survival skills that make the people there so unique. The special provides an all-encompassing and intellectual journey through one of the most visually stunning places on Earth.

BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA is produced and directed by John Maguire for the Travel Channel. Travel Channel is now available in more 87 million US homes. Discovery Travel Media is an integrated media business that includes: Travel Channel; Antenna Audio, the world's leader in audio tours; online assets including http://www.travelchannel.com and the broadband offering, Travel Channel Beyond (http://www.travelchannelbeyond.com); as well as travel related content for Video-on-Demand (VOD) and mobile platforms.

Thanks SG, I hadn't seen that before. Sounds so fascinating! I don't get the Travel channel, but I'm going to look and see if any other station will be carrying it. I would love to watch that!

ThoraSEB said:
Thanks SG, I hadn't seen that before. Sounds so fascinating! I don't get the Travel channel, but I'm going to look and see if any other station will be carrying it. I would love to watch that!

Travel is part of the Discovery channel network, so they may air it sometime, too

I watch 'Most Haunted' on Travel frequently and I freaked when I saw the ad for this show, and my mom was all confused like 'I didn't see Bono in there, what are you so excited about?' :eek: :reject: :lol:

Drea sorry your day was stinky. :hug:

Mine was okay. B left this morning and then I got a migraine so I gave myself a shot and laid down for a while. Its still there, but a bit better so hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone. Mini-cat has a fever still, so we are just a ball of fun at our house. :lol:

SG thanks for that! It sounds really interesting! I don't have cable anymore, but if we are still here in town I bet I could bribe my friend to let me steal her tv to watch it. :giggle:

Russty Cat said:
Drea sorry your day was stinky. :hug:

Mine was okay. B left this morning and then I got a migraine so I gave myself a shot and laid down for a while. Its still there, but a bit better so hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone. Mini-cat has a fever still, so we are just a ball of fun at our house. :lol:

:hug: Good thing cold germs can't travel over the 'net :wink:

Russty Cat said:

SG thanks for that! It sounds really interesting! I don't have cable anymore, but if we are still here in town I bet I could bribe my friend to let me steal her tv to watch it. :giggle:

There are a couple of things on that I may well want to record - so I may go through the effort of dragging the VCR out and hooking it up to the TV with the satelitte reciever - I could probably be persuaded to tape it for you, if you'd like :flirt:

Sad_Girl said:

Travel is part of the Discovery channel network, so they may air it sometime, too

I watch 'Most Haunted' on Travel frequently and I freaked when I saw the ad for this show, and my mom was all confused like 'I didn't see Bono in there, what are you so excited about?' :eek: :reject: :lol:

I'll definitely keep my eye open! :up:

:lol: That's awesome!

BonosBaby12 said:
Hope your day is much better tomorrow Drea :hug: Just had the chance to read your journal

Thanks :hug: I had to keep reminding myself today that I *do* love my job, my two regular coworkers are a lot of fun to work with, and I :heart: having the time off in the summer... :lol:

Drea said:

Thanks :hug: I had to keep reminding myself today that I *do* love my job, my two regular coworkers are a lot of fun to work with, and I :heart: having the time off in the summer... :lol:

You are welcome :hug: At least you had positive things to get you through the day :). Nothing like giving yourself little reminders :lol:

Boy am I glad that this phase didn't last too long :lol:
U2Band1165.jpg

Sad_Girl said:

There are a couple of things on that I may well want to record - so I may go through the effort of dragging the VCR out and hooking it up to the TV with the satelitte reciever - I could probably be persuaded to tape it for you, if you'd like :flirt:

That would be wonderful if you could! :hyper: I'm sure I would find some way to repay you. :giggle:

Ahhh the joys of being the only parent. I just had to settle a fight yet again, round number 4 million. :madwife: Finally they are going to get in the shower, hopefully without killing each other. :eyebrow: SAVE ME!!!!!!!!

Nighty night SAmi :hug: sweet dreams :heart:

Hi VP! :hug: :heart: How ya doing?

I love Bono in that picture. So yummy! :drool:

BB, Thora, SG, Drea? Russty? :hug:

Other than the fact that I threw out my back and i can hardly walk, I'm just dandy, thanks. :lol: Been lying on a heating pad all night.

How are you all?

That sucks about your back. :( Hopefully the heating pad will help you. :hug:

I just ate the most delicious piece of chocolate, so I'm doing excellent right now! :drool: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom