Pleban Girls Party - come sail away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes:

some :drool: gorgeous days AT LAST, again, even a few in a row NOW!!!:giggle:

It'd been cold/grey/dampish for a sp0ell, so when itr started getting better more3 frequently-- everything sort of popped up within a :scratch: 2 weeks or so.

The :sad: only problem is-- I'd been stuck insdie some more with my [intermitivle, not-quite-endless- but it feels like clutter clean up-- so with the flowering trees -crab apple & cherry > they're up so fast as the callery pears were just going away that it'll be over in a more :mad: quick mode than it often is. :scream: :rant: :grumpy: :sigh: I HATE that b/c i sometimes don't get to soak it in as much as I really need to.

AT Least tues i to the Brooklyn Botanic garden- tues is free!!!
and the cherry trees were ALL Out!
Took a bunch o pics!
I had to run to the photo store to get another 1G SD card to get ready for middle & late spring! I haven't bought a flashdrive yet to have etxtra storage of my photos, as well as the CD's & DVD's {for my digital art images} I've already burned!

Last edited:
:eyebrow:

whoa, you REALLY must be tired, drea!

:wink:

j/k :hug:

I usually try and change it once a year, until I finaLLY GO premium- $ money STILL going to jewelry & beading suppplies { & these here SD cards}

and I want to get the BIG (red) GAP duffle bag at $30 now vs 45! but I need, like, REAL clothes & new shoes {sneakers, first since i walk so much} first!
If i cna find my credit card [itr occasionally gets put somewhere i forget--- b/c I use it so little right now many many months inbetween till i get the balance down some more. LUCKILY THIS year when the annual fee came up-- i HAD enuff money in there so I didn't go over the top and incur MORE fees. ]

:tsk: how sad IS it that I NEED a sexy Bono looking back at me :uhoh:

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
: eyebrow:

whoa, you REALLY must be tired, drea!

: wink:

j/k : hug:

I usually try and change it once a year, until I finaLLY GO premium- $ money STILL going to jewelry & beading suppplies { & these here SD cards}

: tsk: how sad IS it that I NEED a sexy Bono looking back at me : uhoh:

:giggle: I can't say much, considering I've had :adam: looking into Jem's camera as my avi since she posted the pic :lol:

dazzledbylight said:
aaawwww :(

:hug: drea :hug:

It's not that bad really - just had a couple dental appointments at the office where my sister works (and I still have at least three to go). I haven't been to the dentist in about 12 years, so my poor sister has to do the cleaning one section at a time :lol: But they freeze me, so other than the freezing needle going in (though they also have numbing gel that they put on first thankfully :wink: ) it doesn't hurt :D

Drea said:

It's not that bad really - just had a couple dental appointments at the office where my sister works (and I still have at least three to go). I haven't been to the dentist in about 12 years, so my poor sister has to do the cleaning one section at a time :lol: But they freeze me, so other than the freezing needle going in (though they also have numbing gel that they put on first thankfully :wink: ) it doesn't hurt :D

AND I THOT I was BAD re: dentist:huh:
been 2 or 3 yrs....

freeze? I bet the dental school clinic I got to doesn't have that! :madspit:

They try the water power-cleaner on me but I :yikes: alway feel Like I'm going to drown or gag with in minutes or Less -- so they havce to do it by hand. :WHIMPER: :scream:

I DO go IF there's an emergency--thank THE POWERS
:bow: that hasn't happened more than a year.

BUT I was thinking more of you job[less] situation?

I found my resume on Wed - however, most of that night, Thurs and part of yesterday were spent away from the apt :lol: I've got stuff saved on my job list on both workopolis.com and monster.ca and there's a temp agency near me too, once I get the resume in order :wink:

dazzledbylight said:
your SISTER is doing that ?!? omg!!! :lmao: :yikes:

Does she mutter dark imprications at you-- when she thinks you're out of earshot??

No, she basically knew what she was in for going in :lol: I did get a lecture though the night before the first appointment on Thurs (I stayed over at her place because it was easier for me to go in with her) :wink:

and how is Toronto these days?
are you actually inn the full city area, or a a close 'burb to it.

I mean NYC [and Imean ALL 5 burroughs, when I say that] is SO big.......before you ebven get TO The Burbs...tho parets of the "outer borroughs have "Burby" looking sections to them! :wink:

I'm in the city limits - though before about 1995 where I am (North York) was its own separate city. The provincial gov't forced the amalgamation of a bunch of places (not just in TO), which made a lot of people unhappy, but there wasn't anything they could do - though they did try :wink: TO is now a combination of the original city, Scarborough (aka Scarberia :lol: ), North York and Etobicoke... and that's before you hit the suburbs north of the city! *g*

The whole area (TO and burbs) is referred to as the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) - thus endeth your Ontario geography lesson for the evening :lol:

Last edited:
Drea said:

No, she basically knew what she was in for going in :lol: I did get a lecture though the night before the first appointment on Thurs (I stayed over at her place because it was easier for me to go in with her) :wink:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm sorry, drea but THIS has to Be one of the funniest things I've heard of lately!

understand I'm TERRIFIED of the dentist {procedures}, once i get out of the habit of making myself go--it's really a *challenging* task for me to go even get back to go for a regualr check up!:tsk:

I was always like that BUT a rerally bad internal experience when I was really ill, but had not yet gotten to the point where i was willing to quite go to the hospital for treatment [even as an outpatient because of having to try drug rtegiment]-- so while my then regualr dentist [who i'd had before I got ill] was repairing a cracked tooth b/c of the temp root canal filling finally giving out ] i thinkj it was something ucky likt that]-- I was SO simoutaneously weak/stiff & with very fast, small tremblings-- in the chair--I could never go back to him again.

I only feel safe in a dnetal school hospital clinic now :( so IF i freak out worse-- at least they can get me help right there.

It wasn't him, hell, he saved my uncle like ?20 yrs ago when he started having a heart attack in the dental chair :yikes:

Last edited:
:hug:

It *is* kind of funny though - the lady who was assisting Megan for part of the first cleaning was teasing both of us, asking if I'd bitten her yet and teasing me about being well trained :lol: I said that's the only place she's got me trained :wink:

:(

come baaaaackkkkk! we'll talk aBOUT HAPPIER things!!!

I found an old knitting projet i never did for a friend-- but it's been SO long-- it's long forgotten about-- that I'm going to do it up for my self....

simple "open" you know- thin yarn on BIG needles, black merino wool narrow scarf with :drool: :love: :drool: grey pearls knitted into it....on the edges...

]what I'm going to do is use either thin beading thread OR maybe black quilting thread and just carry it along on theside edges and knit it in towards endings on the sides and then the actual ends. :hyper:

Drea said:
The scarf sounds nice - though knitting it all in black? You're a brave woman :wink:

:giggle:

why is all-black scary---We NYC'RS love our black clothing and acessories! :love:

{:wink: I wear alot of bright clothing, too :love:}

I've :madwife: had SO little time and not much money lately for here.....
....so I JUST [fer chrissakes] SAW that OUR Dissy had her baby! and saw :love: the photos, too!

Last edited:
Spider-man rocked :rockon: it was really really good - possibly the best of the series

I had a good time with my boys, but then got home and had a stupid fight with my dad

made the mistake of calling Gav to vent and having him so fucking drunk he could hardly speak so that just made everything worse. :grumpy:

I've come to the conclusion that Men suck :angry:

Back
Top Bottom