Pleban Girls Party by Pleban Party Girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been lazy way too much lately. :reject:

Last week I had no energy or motivation to do anything. Yesterday, I woke up all raring to go. :lol: I've gotta do stats this week, but I can't do that till evenings/nights. To keep me busy during the day, there's an ethics course I agreed to do. It's been sitting here for a couple of weeks, I'd forgotten about it. :reject: I pulled it out this morning, and by the look of it, it'll take several days to get it done. I'd like to get it out of the way.

Hi Wayne. :hug:

VintagePunk said:
I've been lazy way too much lately. :reject:

Last week I had no energy or motivation to do anything. Yesterday, I woke up all raring to go. :lol: I've gotta do stats this week, but I can't do that till evenings/nights. To keep me busy during the day, there's an ethics course I agreed to do. It's been sitting here for a couple of weeks, I'd forgotten about it. :reject: I pulled it out this morning, and by the look of it, it'll take several days to get it done. I'd like to get it out of the way.

Just reading that made my brain hurt :yikes:

I'm not very scholastic :no:

I admire the fact that most of the PGPers do have brains though :hug:

You give yourself too little credit. :hug:

The ethics course is nothing. It's not graded or anything, it's just something to do that will look good on a resume/cv. Three booklets of reading material about research ethics rules and regulations :yawn: probably about 200 pages in total, along with a computer disc so that you can test your knowledge. Nothing is recorded, you just have to select answers, and if it's wrong, go back and select the right one.

:lol:

Speaking of school, Sarah is starting to gather information about universities, so we've had giant envelopes coming to the house. She keeps saying over and over that she doesn't want to go to my school, and yet this morning, a huge envelope from there arrived for her. :eyebrow:

Hey SG :hug: How are you this morning?

I hate feeling that way, especially for days and days. I think it must have been that bug I had last week. At least that's my story. :shifty:

Wild must have gotten lost at You Tube. :lol:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Hey SG :hug: How are you this morning?

I hate feeling that way, especially for days and days. I think it must have been that bug I had last week. At least that's my story. :shifty:

:p stick to your story :wink:

No, seriously, something like that really can throw everything off kilter. You don't realize how much the health of your tummy can rule your life until something isn't quite right :uhoh:

You're feeling better now, though?

I'm all right, thanks for asking :) Still obsessing over my friend, wondering where he is, what he's gotten up to, if he'll even get my messages ... :sigh: :crazy:

Sorry, just had to run over to my mom's to do something for her.

I'm much better, thanks, SG.

Do you have a phone number or snail mail address for your friend? I wouldn't worry about him not contacting you, though. You said it had been a few years, and it wasn't really platonic? Anything could have happened. Could be as simple as he met someone and doesn't feel right getting in touch, now?

Brandon on music that changed his life :love:

U2, All That You Can't Leave Behind (Interscope, 2000)
"I'm one of the few who think that these are their best songs. If you look at it as an album, I don't think it's as good as Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree, but I think the songs on All That You Can't Leave Behind are unbelievable.

There's a song called 'Wild Honey' that's just ridiculous. It's a little cheesy at points, but it's beautiful. No one has written songs like that since the Beatles.

:flirt: :wave:

VintagePunk said:
Sorry, just had to run over to my mom's to do something for her.

I'm much better, thanks, SG.

Do you have a phone number or snail mail address for your friend? I wouldn't worry about him not contacting you, though. You said it had been a few years, and it wasn't really platonic? Anything could have happened. Could be as simple as he met someone and doesn't feel right getting in touch, now?

Yeah, I'm sending him an old fashioned letter via Snail mail as well - can't seem to locate his phone number anymore :(

It was a really weird situation - we were really close; I mean he emotionally carried me though the first Christmas and New Year's without Mark - and he was planning on coming to see me but he'd run into some financial issues (four hour long phone calls over seas :uhoh: ) and had been injured (broken elbow) when he stopped writing and calling

I let it fall by the wayside because I wasn't ready to be involved with another guy yet at the time - even though he was really rather perfect (apart from the living in a different country thing :wink: )

But I don't know why, I've just been driven with the need to hear from him since I woke up with it yesterday morning. I've hardly slept a wink :crack:

I know you're right, there are plenty of reasons why he might not be getting in contact. I just hope that its one that is good for him, not bad.

I'm a big believer in signs and 'nudges' from God or fate or however you might want to look at it; so this feeling in my gut is something I am taking seriously... though I know I should be more patient and stress less about it

Oh, SG! I read something on another board last night or the night before, and thought of you.

Juke Kartel are playing/have played a few shows in LA recently. This post is from Sept. 30th.

I went to the Viper Room last night, met Toby. Looks hot on TV, looks even better in person! His eyes...wow! He was super sweet, he took a shot of Jager with me ("Fuck yeah!" was his reaction when I asked if he wanted a shot). He was awesome. His voice is incredible live. His band was really good, they all seemed like really great guys as well. It's nice to see bands at the beginning of their fame, just cause they are still "real", not jaded just yet. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about Juke Kartel, and wish them the best of luck!

WildHoney said:
Brandon on music that changed his life :love:

U2, All That You Can't Leave Behind (Interscope, 2000)
"I'm one of the few who think that these are their best songs. If you look at it as an album, I don't think it's as good as Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree, but I think the songs on All That You Can't Leave Behind are unbelievable.

There's a song called 'Wild Honey' that's just ridiculous. It's a little cheesy at points, but it's beautiful. No one has written songs like that since the Beatles.

:flirt: :wave:

A shout-out for you from Brandon!! :hyper: :happy: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Oh, SG! I read something on another board last night or the night before, and thought of you.

Juke Kartel are playing/have played a few shows in LA recently. This post is from Sept. 30th.

That is awesome! :rockon: and the viper room is Johnny Depp's club, isn't it? :cool:

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, I'm sending him an old fashioned letter via Snail mail as well - can't seem to locate his phone number anymore :(

It was a really weird situation - we were really close; I mean he emotionally carried me though the first Christmas and New Year's without Mark - and he was planning on coming to see me but he'd run into some financial issues (four hour long phone calls over seas :uhoh: ) and had been injured (broken elbow) when he stopped writing and calling

I let it fall by the wayside because I wasn't ready to be involved with another guy yet at the time - even though he was really rather perfect (apart from the living in a different country thing :wink: )

But I don't know why, I've just been driven with the need to hear from him since I woke up with it yesterday morning. I've hardly slept a wink :crack:

I know you're right, there are plenty of reasons why he might not be getting in contact. I just hope that its one that is good for him, not bad.

I'm a big believer in signs and 'nudges' from God or fate or however you might want to look at it; so this feeling in my gut is something I am taking seriously... though I know I should be more patient and stress less about it

Have you searched online for his number? If you have his name and address, it shouldn't be that difficult to find. Not that I've ever stalked people online, or anything. :shifty: :lol:

I was in a long distance relationship some years ago. After we first met and he went home, we used to talk a ridiculous amount of hours every day...like 4 or 5. :shifty: And he was calling me from Seattle on his cell. His bill that month was like $3000. :crack: :lmao: Dumbass...he should have checked the rates...

Sad_Girl said:

I'm a great believer in fate too :hug:

I know when i left school my friends all said they'd keep in contact but after a while , i guess life intervined :shrug:

My only true friends nowdays are you girls:wink:

Back
Top Bottom