Pleban Girls Party - Better than live earth !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Thora :hug:

Jen - actually it didn't hurt that bad to do it this way and it was quicker, and easy to take care of them at the same time :wink:

Ali - the piercing earrings are silver studs with little diamond-like gems in them, the ones closest to my face are a bit bigger and the ones outside of that are just tiny

I plan on getting captive bead rings for my standard earrings, once I can change them in a month :up:

how many piercings do you have in your ears, Thora?

I figure I'll end up with more :lol:

as a matter of fact, I'm well on my way to being a piercing/tattoo junkie :lol: I'm thinking of different piercings I can get already :shifty: :p

Sad_Girl said:
how many piercings do you have in your ears, Thora?

I figure I'll end up with more :lol:

as a matter of fact, I'm well on my way to being a piercing/tattoo junkie :lol: I'm thinking of different piercings I can get already :shifty: :p

I have two sets in my lobes, one set in my upper cartilage, my nose and my belly button. When I was 16 I got my eyebrow pierced, but that one didn't last very long. I've definitely been a piercing junky! :lol:

I don't think I'll get any more, but who knows.

I have been thinking about tattoos for the last couple of years, but I'm so utterly petrified of needles. We'll see.

ThoraSEB said:

I have two sets in my lobes, one set in my upper cartilage, my nose and my belly button. When I was 16 I got my eyebrow pierced, but that one didn't last very long. I've definitely been a piercing junky! :lol:

I don't think I'll get any more, but who knows.

I have been thinking about tattoos for the last couple of years, but I'm so utterly petrified of needles. We'll see.

:lol: yeah, fear of needles would definitely be a bit of a problem, I would think :wink:

actually, I didn't have any problem with getting my tattoo done - it wasn't like being poked with a needle - it was more like getting a scraped knee

But it's funny that I've gotten so many piercings yet am terrified of needles! :lmao:

Although all of the piercings have been spread out over 15 years, and I didn't get more than a set at a time. The last one I got was almost a year ago.

I've heard different opinions on the pain factor of tattoos, but nothing has me fully convinced yet on getting one. I don't even know what I would want. If there's something I do really want and love at some point, then I'll obviously consider it more seriously.

I want a tatt SO bad, but I can't quite bring myself to actually do it. I think I know what I want, and where, but sometimes I change my mind on that.
And how to pick a good tattoo artist? There are a zillion of them here, and I want a good one.
so many decisions!

ThoraSEB said:
But it's funny that I've gotten so many piercings yet am terrified of needles! :lmao:

Although all of the piercings have been spread out over 15 years, and I didn't get more than a set at a time. The last one I got was almost a year ago.

I've heard different opinions on the pain factor of tattoos, but nothing has me fully convinced yet on getting one. I don't even know what I would want. If there's something I do really want and love at some point, then I'll obviously consider it more seriously.

yeah, that's definitely the most important factor :yes: you have to have the right design

I was gonna say something about that, too - the needles they use in piercings are MUCH bigger than tattoo needles :giggle:

I remember when you got the nose ring :up: I'm seriously considering getting one

love2bmama said:
I want a tatt SO bad, but I can't quite bring myself to actually do it. I think I know what I want, and where, but sometimes I change my mind on that.
And how to pick a good tattoo artist? There are a zillion of them here, and I want a good one.
so many decisions!

you have to talk to people who have had experiences with a tattoo artist/parlor, to ask the artists to see photos of their finished work, and definitley ask to see their autoclave

Sad_Girl said:

yeah, that's definitely the most important factor :yes: you have to have the right design

I was gonna say something about that, too - the needles they use in piercings are MUCH bigger than tattoo needles :giggle:

I remember when you got the nose ring :up: I'm seriously considering getting one

I closed my eyes! :lmao: The woman who did it could see I was nervous, so she told me to just hold still and close my eyes. I'm glad I did. I probably would have passed out at the sight of that needle coming at my face! :lol:

The nice thing is that nose rings aren't as large as they used to be (if you don't want them to be). Mine is really small, and apparently compliments my face very well. I chose one of the smallest rings they had, and I think it looks fabulous.

here's one thing I can't decide about a tattoo...I have this one scar on my arm that I want to try to cover with a tatt, but does that really work? I'm afraid it may make the tatt look worse, especially as it gets older.

I obviously need to talk to some heavily tattooed people and get advice :lol:

If any of you are interested, The Police are up next on Live Earth! :hyper: Apparently there will be "special guests" with them. Not sure who those people will be, but it sounds good!

love2bmama said:
here's one thing I can't decide about a tattoo...I have this one scar on my arm that I want to try to cover with a tatt, but does that really work? I'm afraid it may make the tatt look worse, especially as it gets older.

I obviously need to talk to some heavily tattooed people and get advice :lol:

:hmm: I'm really not sure about that - I guess it depends on a lot of things; the size and shape of the tattoo, the size and shape of the scar, and the skill of the artist

It's the sort of thing you probably would have to discuss with an artist themselves, one with a few good years of experience under their belt.

Gav has five tattoos and is planning on getting a new one this September; and I know one of the tat's is a cover-up (he used to have his girlfriends name on his shoulder) I could ask him what he knows about the subject

also, if you get the chance to ask Russty Cat here in the PGP, she is extremely knowledgable about the subject

Drea said:
*wonders if SG's sig should read 55 days, or if she changed it after midnight last night* :wink:

55 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes and 56 seconds :wink:

but I'm rounding up - because I don't know what time of day he'll be flying in, exactly

Sad_Girl said:

Gav has five tattoos and is planning on getting a new one this September; and I know one of the tat's is a cover-up (he used to have his girlfriends name on his shoulder) I could ask him what he knows about the subject

also, if you get the chance to ask Russty Cat here in the PGP, she is extremely knowledgable about the subject

that'd be great if you'd ask Gav for me, SG!

I'll have to remember to ask Russty next time I see her, too.
thanks!

Yay, the thread is alive! :D

I have my tattoo plan... I'll worry about where and how after I get good enough at bass to justify it :wink:

But yeah, definitely speak to people you know with tattoos to find out where they recommend, if you like their style of art...
Someone at work got a spider tattoo last weekend, and she hates spiders... go figure! :giggle: I guess it makes sense in a way.

How's Sting looking these days? :shifty:

bass players :up: :wink:

Sting looked fantastic!

The special guests weren't too special. I like John Mayer, and Kanye is okay, but Kanye with the Police?! :huh: Not a good combo.

Alisaura said:
Yay, the thread is alive! :D

I have my tattoo plan... I'll worry about where and how after I get good enough at bass to justify it :wink:

But yeah, definitely speak to people you know with tattoos to find out where they recommend, if you like their style of art...
Someone at work got a spider tattoo last weekend, and she hates spiders... go figure! :giggle: I guess it makes sense in a way.

How's Sting looking these days? :shifty:

bass players :up: :wink:

sting is looking pretty darn good! :drool:
you know, for an old guy :wink:

A guy at my work just got a tattoo of 2 holes in his neck with blood dripping out of them. He's from Romania and is into a whole vampire thing. That's the kind of thing he might regret someday, but it does look kind of cool in a :yikes: kind of way!

Back
Top Bottom