Pleban Girls Party - Any room at the Holiday Inn Express

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:

fly, i taught two classes today and had a meeting and then individual meetings with students. :crazy: this school crap is really tiring! hope you get to have a relaxing evening :hug: i'm just waiting for traffic to die down so i can go home and do nothing! (except prepare for lectures tomorrow. :| )

:hug: Thanks Ruff! I hope you enjoyr your evening too...aside from preparing for lectures tomorrow. I have an appointment at 8:15 to get my hair cut. :happy: And I'm just about to eat dinner now.

I love Pathology already and it didn't seem too hard. The nursing class was fine...it was Pharmacology that killed me. That class is going to be a bitch. Already the prof launched into this massive lecture on Pharmacokinetics (wtf) and was talking about math problems and logithrims. Umm I never took calculus :lol: I am so lost already.

Last edited:
Fly, sounds incredibly hard. Math-- :yuck:

heading home from the office but see you all soon :wave:

Fly, Ruff, Bri, Susan, Wild, Disco and anyone else I missed. :hug:

It was a good day. I had almost all of my classes but Theology which I dropped today, but from what I heard the teacher I have for it is awesome. I like my teachers, and one of them is my school nurse temporarily for anatomy. :lol: But she's cool though. My history teacher is fucking hilarious. He was talking about how he doesn't use class participation as apart of our grade like some of our teachers do, and he mentioned Theology as one of those classes. He said quietly, but just loud enough for us to hear "Of course, unlike theology we learn about things that actually happened in history." :lmao: The liturgy was so damn long though. :madspit: But I thought of UTEOTW when the priest talked about breaking the bread and drinking the wine. :giggle:

Disco, I didn't. But I'm not getting quizzed on it until next week. And congrats on getting the tickets! :up:

ruffian said:
only excited if i'm gonna get to meet you :flirt

what's this with my age being tossed about? :eek:hmy

:wink

good thing i love all you girls or i'd have to kick some ass! seriously, i don't care. i'll be the one with the walker at the concert, and bono will feel sorry for me because i'm so old, and he'll peck me on the cheek and then i'll tackle him and make out with him and everyone will be jealous :madspit:

:hug:

:lmao: :lmao:

:ohmy:

:hmm:

You know, it just might work. Wolf in sheeps clothing and all that........:wink:

:lol:

When you make out with him, just make sure you use your fixodent. ;)

FlyYourKite said:
:lmao: DG your history teacher sounds awesome!! I figured the liturgy would be stupid...at least you found something U2 related to keep you occupied. :wink:

He is and so sarcastic too. Also he said that a reasonable expectation for him was for the class average to be around a 75 or a 76 and he didn't expect it to be an 85. He said if it was an 85, either we were all brilliant or he was being too easy. And then he said it would most likely be that he was too easy if the average was 85. :lmao:

WildHoney said:
Glad you had a good day DG

I used to hate having to go to mass during school :sigh:

I do too. Especially since I'm not Catholic. But today it was longer than it usually is for some reason. :madspit:

Another thing that happened: I talked to 2 of my teachers from last year in passing in the caf and in the hall and they both said "how great I looked." I'm assuming it had to do with my weight loss. :D :happy:

*feels head starting to swell* :lol:

Fly, I feel the same way. I'm doing anatomy homework right now. Making a chart of the 11 major systems, their organs and the functions of the system. Good times. :|

daygloeyes2 said:
Another thing that happened: I talked to 2 of my teachers from last year in passing in the caf and in the hall and they both said "how great I looked." I'm assuming it had to do with my weight loss. :D :happy:

*feels head starting to swell* :lol:

Fly, I feel the same way. I'm doing anatomy homework right now. Making a chart of the 11 major systems, their organs and the functions of the system. Good times. :|

That's awesome DG! :happy: I bet you look just great.

Anatomy...:| a lot of memorizing but at least it's easy enough. I took it last year and did really well so if you ever have any questions or anything (not like you will, I'm sure you're a genius) you know who to ask :wink:

Bye Bri! :hug: I hope you're ok. We're here if you want to talk!

So today just as I'm getting out of class I get a phone call from my brother at school who is hyperventilating so much I can barely understand him. He had one of the worst panic attacks he's ever had today and I had to come pick him up. :| When will this :censored: just end already??

Awww Fly :hug: He's going to have his good days and his bad days. Depression is a battle, believe me I know. I've dealt with it for 5 years. And I know it must be tough for you and your family. It was tough on me and my mother dealing with my brother(I told you about him) and I'm sure it was difficult for my mother with me. But he knows he has a great big sister like you to rely on to be there for him and hopefully that makes a difference for him. :)

daygloeyes2 said:
Awww Fly :hug: He's going to have his good days and his bad days. Depression is a battle, believe me I know. I've dealt with it for 5 years. And I know it must be tough for you and your family. It was tough on me and my mother dealing with my brother(I told you about him) and I'm sure it was difficult for my mother with me. But he knows he has a great big sister like you to rely on to be there for him and hopefully that makes a difference for him. :)

Thanks DG :hug: I know there's definitely going to be good days and bad. I can't stand seeing him like this. :( What I went through wasn't nearly this bad and I just thought we were totally out of the woods. My mom was talking about maybe having to talk to his teachers and let them know what's going on...perhaps the principal too. His therapist thinks it would be a good idea to go in and have a conference with them.

Life is interesting to say the least. :| How are you doing though, DG? Are you still taking the medication? :hug:

FlyYourKite said:

Thanks DG :hug: I know there's definitely going to be good days and bad. I can't stand seeing him like this. :( What I went through wasn't nearly this bad and I just thought we were totally out of the woods. My mom was talking about maybe having to talk to his teachers and let them know what's going on...perhaps the principal too. His therapist thinks it would be a good idea to go in and have a conference with them.

Life is interesting to say the least. :| How are you doing though, DG? Are you still taking the medication? :hug:

I know it's difficult for you to watch him and feel like you're not making a difference. But by picking him up and being there for him like you were today, you are and you're helping him. And again, it sounds like he has a good support system in place. :yes: :hug:

I'm still on my meds. They've made a world of difference. Honestly, between being on the meds and losing weight I haven't felt this good about myself or life in general in awhile. :)

Hi Jem! :hug:

FlyYourKite said:

Thanks DG :hug : I know there's definitely going to be good days and bad. I can't stand seeing him like this. : ( What I went through wasn't nearly this bad and I just thought we were totally out of the woods. My mom was talking about maybe having to talk to his teachers and let them know what's going on...perhaps the principal too. His therapist thinks it would be a good idea to go in and have a conference with them.

Life is interesting to say the least. :| How are you doing though, DG? Are you still taking the medication? :hug :

Fly :hug: its good your family is so supportive of your brother, he must be glad to have that support and that might be a good idea to let his teachers know what is going on :yes::hug:

Back
Top Bottom