Pleban Girls Party - Amamos U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yawn: I'm going to crash. This week has been soo stressful. And tomorrow my mother and I have a meeting with my guidance counselor and the assistant principal. Fantabulous. :|

I've contacted all the people I'm allowed to till tomorrow.

I'm bored. :|

If no one comes to play with me, I might have to clean my house, or something. :yikes: :sad:

Oh - this is exciting. :hyper: I've been sleeping like a normal person this week!! :happy:

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
:( what's wrong with your Univ, Bri :hug:

I'm simply cranky over the confusion they caused this morning.
University policy states (and they remind us a qazzilion times):
That if the H school district is closed, then my Uni is closed.
Today, not only was the H district closed, but half the freakin city. But guess what? Not my uni! :happy:

Thus I woke up this morning, listened to the news, heard about the closings, and made the logical assumption the school was closed. A half hour later, I think I see them mention my uni's name...and since I didn't want to take any chances (I had a midterm) I called and was informed school was open per usual.

This screwed over quite a few kids.

aaaannnnnnddd.....</end rant>

How are you? Not stuck in a snow bank I hope? :hug:

let's WAKE VP up!

:hmm:

"you suddenly felt the pressure of his hand on your shoulder. Now that it was warmer spring.... it was easy to feel the warmth of his fingertips through the light material."

"hello, love..." his breath is on the back of your neck. you feel your self shiver with still stunned delight "helo, Bono.............long time no see."

Now you feel the chuckle against your skin, as his warming lips start to skitter along the nape of your neck...... aaa....aaaa" you moan.

:D :D :D

WAKE UP VP!
and good luck with your survey!

take care Bri!

:hug:s all around

~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm simply cranky over the confusion they caused this morning.
University policy states (and they remind us a qazzilion times):
That if the H school district is closed, then my Uni is closed.
Today, not only was the H district closed, but half the freakin city. But guess what? Not my uni! :happy:

Thus I woke up this morning, listened to the news, heard about the closings, and made the logical assumption the school was closed. A half hour later, I think I see them mention my uni's name...and since I didn't want to take any chances (I had a midterm) I called and was informed school was open per usual.

This screwed over quite a few kids.

aaaannnnnnddd.....</end rant>

How are you? Not stuck in a snow bank I hope? :hug:

hearing babbling brook-like noises as the snow melts here with 50 degree weather. :love:s that sound!

EEHHHHH....big snow? sounds like you univ is :huh:

see ya later!

Bri, still there?? That sucks about your school. :mad: It wasn't that bad here this morning when it was time to take Sarah, but my school is closed today, according to their website. They have the same policy in place, if public schools in the region are closed, so are they.

So are you at school now, did you write your midterm?

I finished the data yesterday, and contacted my participants (you're allowed 20 names from the pool every 48 hours). This morning, I've been responding to replies I've received so far, and checking every once in a while for new replies. I've heard from 4 of 20 so far.

Everyone should want to be in my study. They get course credit without even having to get up out of their chairs. They don't even have to go into the lab, or anything. :grumpy:

It wasn't actually that terrible here today (altho apparently in Beantown they were getting freezing rain), but it's the mass confusion it caused the peeves me off.
Apparently we were open because El Presidente decided to over-rule school policy. :angry:

I just got home a a bit ago. It's been quite a day, school cancellations, midterms, and profs coming to tears :sad: :heart:, ohmy.

For what it's worth I'd be in your study in a split second :drool:
What can be better than zero effort? :happy:

You'll probably get more replies later tonight, when the typically nocturnal student finally becomes active as they go out in search of food and amusement...:lol:

You're here!! :hyper: So how did your midterm go?

I had the e-mails sent out by 6pm yesterday, they've had lots of time. :mad: I'm contacting the depressed people first, and they're probably like "awww, screw it." :sigh: :lol:

I'm starting to become afraid that I won't have enough people. :yikes: This may have to carry over into summer. :uhoh:

Good morning ladies :wave: Its freakin cold here and we are supposed to get snow tomorrow. :sigh: I'm hoping we can leave town earlier in case the close the highway.

I'm just gonna be doing laundry all day. Its gonna be sooooo boring. :madspit: But I have to rest up for getting my tattoo tonight. :hyper:

:hug: :clonelove:

Of course I'm here, there are some who would argue that I never leave. :wink:

VintagePunk said:
I'm contacting the depressed people first, and they're probably like "awww, screw it." :sigh: :lol:

:laugh:!

The midterm went pretty well :happy:. It was actually shorter than our previous ones (I kinda wanted it longer, doesn't take much more time, and leaves more room for error). There's were just acouple where I got stuck in indecision between two answers, but I've looked some of them up and I chose right. :dance:

There were 600 people right? How many fall into the criteria you need? Surely there must be enough....
:hug:

Out of curiosity, how many units are they counting your thesis course as? 6?

And now I feel impossibly guilty about one or two mass emails sent by people in my programme who needed volunteers. Mind you, I would've volunteered but I've been rather occupied with other crap.

Russty!! :hug: How are you today?

Bri, glad to hear the midterm went well! I'm sure you did great on it. :)

Right now, I have 445 people in my database of potential participants. Which means that of them, I need over 25% of the total. :yikes: And considering that I've received replies at a rate of 20% so far, it's not looking good. :uhoh:

Do you get course credit or bonus marks for participating, at your school?

6 Units? The way it's done at my school, each class is worth .5 of a unit and you need 20 units for an honours degree. Why it's not just 1 unit and 40, I'll never know. :rolleyes:

Anyway, our thesis program is spread over 3 terms (or in my case, 5 terms :wink: ). I think you get .5 per term (or maybe just one for the total?? Can't remember for sure).

snapyoungcuteness.jpg

Damn just reading all that VP makes my head hurt. :lol:

I'm about half way to getting an AA degree. But I'm sure I'll never go back and finish it.

I'm doing good. Just hoping the day goes quickly.

Russty :lol:

What's an AA degree? I've never heard of it. Is it a particular area of study?

How much snow are you going to be getting? :yikes: Or does your area freak out over a couple of inches? ;)

Gotta grab a bite to eat, brb.

VintagePunk said:
Russty!! :hug How are you today?

Bri, glad to hear the midterm went well! I'm sure you did great on it. :)

Right now, I have 445 people in my database of potential participants. Which means that of them, I need over 25% of the total. :yikes And considering that I've received replies at a rate of 20% so far, it's not looking good. :uhoh:

Do you get course credit or bonus marks for participating, at your school?

6 Units? The way it's done at my school, each class is worth .5 of a unit and you need 20 units for an honours degree. Why it's not just 1 unit and 40, I'll never know. :rolleyes:

Anyway, our thesis program is spread over 3 terms (or in my case, 5 terms :wink: ). I think you get .5 per term (or maybe just one for the total?? Can't remember for sure).

Offer baked goods?
Cookies always inspire volunteerism...:lol:

Students are lazy creatures. Responding quickly is not a strong suit. I'm sure given a bit more time you'll get more. :)
Otherwise, resort to tempting them with food.

Yeah, we do. If we take part in two hours worth of a study, they take 5 percent off our exam and give us an automatic 100% on it.

Your uni has a issue with whole numbers. :lol: Here, a 1 term (half a year) course is worth 3 units. Full year, is rather obviously worth 6.
Umm...to ger a B.Arts&Sci with honours you have 4 years..times 30 units, so 120 units.

You guys get three terms? Like a full year and a half? Apparently that's not what happens for our thesis here, unless they count your initial preparation the year before (finding your advisor).
Altho, they said it's not unknown for them to extend the amount of time given if needed, but they don't recommend it, since then it becomes worth even more of your average. I think usually the longest they have is 12 units (so 2 yrs).

Did that make any sense? This stuff freakin confuses me...I miss HS. Oh the simple days :love:

Btw, Hi Russty :hug:
What did you decide on getting for the next tattoo?

Last edited:
LOL sorry VP I forgot its different in Canada.

An AA is an Associates Art degree. Its a very general degree. Its more of a stepping stone to getting a Bachelors degree which is more directed towards a particular field.

We will probably only get a few inches of snow here. But where we are headed to in Oregon is probably gonna get slammed with a ton. I just want to be able to get over the mountains before they close the highway.

OH this tattoo is going to be quite fun, cuz I sort of let her go to town on it. hehe I went to see her the other day and I had all these ideas in my head. We went into her studio and I started getting a bit emotional, cuz soon I won't be able to see her anymore. So we were sort of cuddling and trying not to cry. So then she asked me where did I want it and what was I thinking about the most. So I showed her these drawings I had. She then told me to hold on one sec. She searched around and pulled out this book. It had this incredible flash work that was designed by a famous artist. She asked if she could take the ideas and redo them in that style and design a whole sort of scene out of all of them. I was like Um hell ya! hehe She has this incredible eye for things and we totally share the same artistic taste so I can't wait to see it tonight.

The pictures I gave her were a very simple claddagh, right away she said she wanted to change the hands to be more realistic with tendons and muscles in them ( at that point I had to contain myself from jumping up and down and squealing like the geek that I am. She looked at me and giggle cuz she gets off on that stuff just as much as I do. :giggle: )

I also gave her and I can't believe I'm actually doing this, cuz I swore I wouldn't :reject: the U2 suitcase logo. I'm such a dork! But I asked her if she could put some wings on it. And the swirly bits from the Edun logo. I just love the style of the swirly stuff on the shirts and in the logo. Its so pretty without being to frilly.

I swore that I would never tattoo names on me or anything related specifically to someone or something that someone else in the world would have. But with us moving and all the help U2 has been to me lately I just can't resist. I figure at least the added wings will make it a bit different.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Offer baked goods?
Cookies always inspire volunteerism...:lol:

Students are lazy creatures. Responding quickly is not a strong suit. I'm sure given a bit more time you'll get more. :)
Otherwise, resort to tempting them with food.

Yeah, we do. If we take part in two hours worth of a study, they take 5 percent off our exam and give us an automatic 100% on it.

Your uni has a issue with whole numbers. :lol: Here, a 1 term (half a year) course is worth 3 units. Full year, is rather obviously worth 6.
Umm...to ger a B.Arts&Sci with honours you have 4 years..times 30 units, so 120 units.

You guys get three terms? Like a full year and a half? Apparently that's not what happens for our thesis here, unless they count your initial preparation the year before (finding your advisor).
Altho, they said it's not unknown for them to extend the amount of time given if needed, but they don't recommend it, since then it becomes worth even more of your average. I think usually the longest they have is 12 units (so 2 yrs).

Did that make any sense? This stuff freakin confuses me...I miss HS. Oh the simple days :love:

Yes, that makes sense. :)

We get three terms to do it. It's divided into (course code) A, B and C. But it's not uncommon for people to do A & B in one term (getting your advisor, doing preliminary research, giving your oral presentation), and C in the second term (actual data collection, analysis and the write-up). It's also not uncommon to stretch it out longer - it's pretty much just a decision that's between you and your advisor. You get the same number of credits no matter how long it takes.

And at my school, we essentially have to take 10 classes per year, so 40 classes total (unless you stretch that out, too :uhoh: ) :lol: I think I'll end up with a few classes over, because some of those count toward my additional certificates. In summary, sounds like our schools are the same, they just use different terminology.

And we're not allowed to offer additional incentive, and possibly bias the participants. :yikes: Although it would be nice if we could. :hmm:

Russty, we don't have associate's degrees here, we just have general degrees which are 3 years, then ordinary 4 year degrees, then 4 year degrees with honours (which often take 5 years :shifty: )

Snow! :madspit:
9.gif

We're having the biggest storm of the season at the moment. Looks like about 24 inches, with sleet and icy rain, wind, and believe it or not, thunder and lightning tossed in for good measure. :slant:

the area to the north of us lost power, so if you don't hear from me for awhile you'll know why. :sigh:

Hi SG! :hug: Sorry your getting such a bad storm. Everyone is freaking here cuz we are supposed to get snow tomorrow.

You should so come here. :hyper: :wink: It would be so fun!

I'm an idiot though for doing this today, cuz tomorrow night when we are up in freezing cold weather and I'm wearing layers of clothes over a new tattoo i'm gonna be hating myself. :lol:

Russty Cat said:
Hi SG! :hug: Sorry your getting such a bad storm. Everyone is freaking here cuz we are supposed to get snow tomorrow.

You should so come here. :hyper: :wink: It would be so fun!

I'm an idiot though for doing this today, cuz tomorrow night when we are up in freezing cold weather and I'm wearing layers of clothes over a new tattoo i'm gonna be hating myself. :lol:

:lol: it might not be that bad; if the layers are relatively loose :hug:

Do you have any classes that last a full year? Do they just count as 2 for you like they do for me?

And I don't think they're *actually* supposed to offer the additional incentive...:uhoh:
But it is common within A&S h\to repay acts of kindness with baked goods. :lol: So I guess it's a kinda under the table thing. :shh:

Besides, I suppose offering coookies would only skew your results. Afterall, you need depressed people...and cookies, as is well known, make you happy :p

Btw, How's Sarah doing? Is she excited about her trip...it's the week of the 9th right?

Russty, it sounds like the tatto is going to be amazing. :up: I can't wait to see some pics! :)

SG :hug: :heart:
That sucks about the weather. :( How's your head feeling?

Wind from the NE (040 degrees) at 12 MPH (10 KT) gusting to 18 MPH (16 KT)
Visibility 1/4 mile(s)
Sky conditions overcast
Weather Snow
Temperature 24 F (-4 C)
Windchill 12 F (-11 C)
Dew Point 23 F (-5 C)
Relative Humidity 92%
Pressure (altimeter) 29.81 in. Hg (1009 hPa)

for any weather geeks out there :lol: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom