Pleban Girls Party - Aboard Edge's Spaceship-time machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:

I loved it too :love: I think it's my favorite interview now :drool:

DONT HIT ME KAF! :reject: it was just a weeee bit better than U2 does Much k?

It definitely ranks right up there!!:up: Like I said the only way it would've been better is if Adam and Larry were part of it. Anyone know why they weren't?

Hey GG2 :hug:

It's frustrating and heartbreaking. I know the way he treated me throughout our marriage, and now he's doing the same things to her. Fortunately, she has a lot of other people in her life that she's close to and who love her very much...we're very close to my side of the family.

VintagePunk said:

It's frustrating and heartbreaking. I know the way he treated me throughout our marriage, and now he's doing the same things to her. Fortunately, she has a lot of other people in her life that she's close to and who love her very much...we're very close to my side of the family.

He didn't treat you right either VP?:madwife: Sounds like someone needs his ass beat! :wink: Did I mention my dad has been seeing another woman for 2 years even though he just started divorce proceedings in September?:| You know, when my mom was in the middle of cancer treatment?:(

U2isthebest said:

Has Sarah made any college decisions yet, btw?

How's your mom feeling? I hope she's continuing to make good progress. :hug:

Funny you should ask about university...she has two schools in mind, and just a few days ago she realized that her number one school, she really doesn't want to go there, and that she has no basis for choosing the second one, either. :lol: I don't know what she's going to do. :huh: :lol:

I think my Dad and Brother are the two best men in the world. I can only hope my nephews grow up as well as they did. I've given up looking for a man as good as them elsewhere in the world :| :mad:

:hug: hi btw :D

VintagePunk said:

that's a good thing tho :) Sadly I'm not close to either of my parents... but I'll live... At least I have some friends, and ofcourse the lovely people here feel like close friends aswell :love:

:wave: Hi SG, how are you doing? I read your pc crashed again???

U2isthebest said:

He didn't treat you right either VP?:madwife: Sounds like someone needs his ass beat! :wink: Did I mention my dad has been seeing another woman for 2 years even though he just started divorce proceedings in September?:| You know, when my mom was in the middle of cancer treatment?:(

If he treated me well, we'd probably still be together. :wink: :lol: The other day I was talking to someone and mentioned that we've been apart for over 7 years now. Later that night, Sarah said she'd overheard, and couldn't believe that it was only 7 years, that it seems like longer to her. She went on to say that she can't imagine him and i ever being together. She said "what the hell did you see in him??" :lmao: She said we're very different, and I asked how so? She said "in many ways...for one thing, you're intelligent." :lmao: :love:

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad did that to your mom...how brutal. :(

VintagePunk said:

How's your mom feeling? I hope she's continuing to make good progress. :hug:

Funny you should ask about university...she has two schools in mind, and just a few days ago she realized that her number one school, she really doesn't want to go there, and that she has no basis for choosing the second one, either. :lol: I don't know what she's going to do. :huh: :lol:

She's feeling really well!! The last round of chemo has made her a bit naseous and tired, but she's greatful because she started in July, and it's the first time she hasn't felt well. This last batch is just a precaution to prevent the tumor from growing back. They put it directly into her spine with a needle :yikes: I know the feeling about what Sarah's going through. I was in the middle of the application for the University of Michigan last year (that's about 800 pages long:giggle: ) when I realized I had no desire to go there. I was just applying because it's a prestigious school and everyone told me I could get in. I chose a school with less high standards because I didn't want such intense pressure on myself, and I feel like I made a better decision. However, with my mom about to move into her own apartment and not being completely 100% yet, I feel like I need to move back home to be with her. I'm not completely happy here anyway. Tell Sarah to take her time, and if she doesn't feel like she's found the right place yet to keep looking. You can't put a timetable on making the right choice for you and your own personal happiness.

Sad_Girl said:
I think my Dad and Brother are the two best men in the world. I can only hope my nephews grow up as well as they did. I've given up looking for a man as good as them elsewhere in the world :| :mad:

:hug: hi btw :D

Hey SG! How are you?:hug: I'm glad to see you have such awesome men in you're life.:)

VP - look at it this way you got the best part of him (Sarah) and ditched the rest :wink:

GG2 - my PC won't support the sims anymore for some reason :grumpy: I can't figure it out, but I'm working on it

Brit, if you move back home, is there a school you can go to that's closer??

I just keep telling her, for an undergrad degree, from everything I've heard, it really doesn't matter what school you go to, providing you're not going into some highly specialized program. I think it's grad school where it really starts to matter. As long as you get good grades and participate in activities, I think most people would do well at any school...at least that's the way it is here in Canada.

I'm doing much better, actually! I actually woke up because it was time to get up and not because it felt like I was inhaling fire my throat was so sore :up: :p

Thanks for asking. How are you?

VintagePunk said:

If he treated me well, we'd probably still be together. :wink: :lol: The other day I was talking to someone and mentioned that we've been apart for over 7 years now. Later that night, Sarah said she'd overheard, and couldn't believe that it was only 7 years, that it seems like longer to her. She went on to say that she can't imagine him and i ever being together. She said "what the hell did you see in him??" :lmao: She said we're very different, and I asked how so? She said "in many ways...for one thing, you're intelligent." :lmao: :love:

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad did that to your mom...how brutal. :(

That is true! LOL. I feel the same way about my mom and dad. In fact I've said very similar things to her about my dad. He was an absolute control freak as well. He tried to tell her what to do constantly, and for the first 20 years of their marriage he made her turn all of her checks over to him and she got to keep $30 from it.:mad: That is, until he lost his job 2 years ago, and she was the only one bringing home money until he got a new job this past June. It was great seeing her in charge of the money for so long. Yet, she never complained, she never did to my dad what he did to her. Now she's asking for $200 a month alimony just until she starts working again to help compensate for those times, and he says he won't pay it. I'm quite frankly getting sick of him.

Sad_Girl said:
VP - look at it this way you got the best part of him (Sarah) and ditched the rest :wink:

GG2 - my PC won't support the sims anymore for some reason :grumpy: I can't figure it out, but I'm working on it

:hmm: Maybe the nerd in me can help you.... if you can tell me what happened and what changed since the last time it did work... Are you still ill btw?

VP, that's a really wise girl you got there :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Brit, if you move back home, is there a school you can go to that's closer??

I just keep telling her, for an undergrad degree, from everything I've heard, it really doesn't matter what school you go to, providing you're not going into some highly specialized program. I think it's grad school where it really starts to matter. As long as you get good grades and participate in activities, I think most people would do well at any school...at least that's the way it is here in Canada.

Yes! I live in the Detroit area. and there's a lot of good schools nearby! You're right about all the info. you gave, it's the same way here. I'm majoring in Public Relations, so I should be fine!

Sad_Girl said:
I'm doing much better, actually! I actually woke up because it was time to get up and not because it felt like I was inhaling fire my throat was so sore :up: :p

:hyper: :applaud: :dancing: That's awesome SG!! I hope you keep getting better! I know it's been a rough couple of months for you!:hug: I'm doing well. I slept through my first class of the day though:uhoh:

GG2 I thought I need more memory and a fadter processor because it just overloaded the computers capabilities - but after I uninstalled it and a couple of other unused programs and then did a cleanup and defrag on the hard drive, I reinstalled it with only two of the Expansion Packs instead of all 4 and it still kept having run errors, like I would tell the sim to make a phone call and it would pick up the phone then suddenly it would be elsewhere, just standing there doing nothing, time and time again

Sad_Girl said:
GG2 I thought I need more memory and a fadter processor because it just overloaded the computers capabilities - but after I uninstalled it and a couple of other unused programs and then did a cleanup and defrag on the hard drive, I reinstalled it with only two of the Expansion Packs instead of all 4 and it still kept having run errors, like I would tell the sim to make a phone call and it would pick up the phone then suddenly it would be elsewhere, just standing there doing nothing, time and time again

:hmm: that's odd... sounds like it might not be an error in your computer, but a glitch of the game... did you have the expansion packs all installed every previous time the game crashed?

Sad_Girl said:

I think I might have turned the corner, too. *fingers crossed* I felt like complete shit Saturday, but I slept for nearly 12 hours Sat. night and got up feeling a LOT better yesterday, and I'm good today, too. A little stuffy still, but nothing I can't deal with. :up:

Hee hee, fingers crossed, that remids me of something...
Bono always is a happy fella

bonofoad0023ln8.jpg

U2isthebest said:

That is true! LOL. I feel the same way about my mom and dad. In fact I've said very similar things to her about my dad. He was an absolute control freak as well. He tried to tell her what to do constantly, and for the first 20 years of their marriage he made her turn all of her checks over to him and she got to keep $30 from it.:mad: That is, until he lost his job 2 years ago, and she was the only one bringing home money until he got a new job this past June. It was great seeing her in charge of the money for so long. Yet, she never complained, she never did to my dad what he did to her. Now she's asking for $200 a month alimony just until she starts working again to help compensate for those times, and he says he won't pay it. I'm quite frankly getting sick of him.

:|

Is he paying support for you? He should have to until you're finished with school. As for her, can she go to legal aid and take him to court? Not sure what your state laws are, but she should be entitled to something, and she's certainly not asking for much. :|

VintagePunk said:

I think I might have turned the corner, too. *fingers crossed* I felt like complete shit Saturday, but I slept for nearly 12 hours Sat. night and got up feeling a LOT better yesterday, and I'm good today, too. A little stuffy still, but nothing I can't deal with. :up:

I'm very glad to hear that :up: good deal :yes:

Rest does seem to make a difference, I slept a lot yesterday; a lot more than I thought I should have :lol: I felt a bit lazy. but I feel good today, so it must've been the right thing

Galeongirl said:

:hmm: that's odd... sounds like it might not be an error in your computer, but a glitch of the game... did you have the expansion packs all installed every previous time the game crashed?

yeah, but that was different, then it just slowed way down and would shut off unexpectedly, this other stuff is new - oh, another thing it started was they would go upstairs and then act as if they forgot how to use stairs, not going down no matter what - not to go to work, to eat to shower - they would literally starve to death because they would not go down the stairs - even the maid or nanny would get stuck and be unable to leave. I even tried adding more sets of stairs :huh:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

:huh: That's weird! I can ask Sarah if she's ever experienced any problems with that with hers...although she hasn't really played for a couple of years, and doesn't have the newest version like you do. the computer she played on would be considerably slower, and have a lot less memory than yours.

I mentioned to her what happened when you downloaded the add-ons, and she said that that should only make it so that that aspect of the game won't work, bad content shouldn't crash the entire game, to her knowledge.

Sad_Girl said:

I'm very glad to hear that :up: good deal :yes:

Rest does seem to make a difference, I slept a lot yesterday; a lot more than I thought I should have :lol: I felt a bit lazy. but I feel good today, so it must've been the right thing

That's the way it's been for me, too...sleep seems to make a HUGE difference.

oh, another thing it started was they would go upstairs and then act as if they forgot how to use stairs, not going down no matter what - not to go to work, to eat to shower - they would literally starve to death because they would not go down the stairs - even the maid or nanny would get stuck and be unable to leave. I even tried adding more sets of stairs :huh:

I know it's been frustrating for you, and I'm truly sorry you're having trouble with it. But this? :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

:huh: That's weird! I can ask Sarah if she's ever experienced any problems with that with hers...although she hasn't really played for a couple of years, and doesn't have the newest version like you do. the computer she played on would be considerably slower, and have a lot less memory than yours.

I mentioned to her what happened when you downloaded the add-ons, and she said that that should only make it so that that aspect of the game won't work, bad content shouldn't crash the entire game, to her knowledge.

yeah, usually you can identify and remove bad cutom content, which was what bugged the crap out of me about it shutting down like that - I would play for an hour or more, then when it shut down I would lose everything that had happened unless I had remembered to save every few minutes - which I rarely did :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom