Pleban Girls Party - Aboard Edge's Spaceship-time machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One year ago tonight, this was happening a few feet in front of me

822242-R1-026-11A.jpg

822242-R1-024-10A.jpg

822242-R1-022-9A.jpg

U2isthebest said:
Bono and his margarita...:cute: It looked mildly tasty:shifty:

Currently Listening: "Don't Fear The Reaper"/Blue Oyster Cult

:shh: Bono looks tastier!

:love: DG Lucky you! what's the flag he's holding up there?

Galeongirl said:

:shh: Bono looks tastier!

:love: DG Lucky you! what's the flag he's holding up there?

That he does...:drool: :combust: :faint: Once again...Thank you for the download!:bow: It was an amazing interview! The only thing that could have made it better was to have Adam and Larry :drool: there.

DG!!! Your pics. are so damn awesome!!:combust: :applaud: That's great you have so many amazing memories; I can't wait until the next tour.:rockon: Btw, I haven't seen you in a long time:sad: I hope you're feeling much better than you were the last time I talked to you!:hug:

Hi VP :hug:

Argh I need to vent right now

My dad was supposed to have a new health insurance plan starting last Tuesday. We have insurance right now, but it’s the welfare one that barely covers anything. And I need good insurance if I want to go on the insulin pump. Without insurance covering it, it’s at least $5000-7000, not including supplies and everything. Anyways, he told my brother last week he got fired supposedly because of child support issues with my mother. Which is total bullshit, they wouldn't fire you over that. My mother calls up his work Saturday to see if he’s working and she’s told that he’s working the next day. And I talked to my mother a half hour ago and she called up HR at his work today. She found out he opted not to get the insurance. I ask my father for nothing, and the one thing I really need he screws me over on and lies to me and tries to make it look like my mother’s fault. He’s a pathetic excuse for a father. How do you screw over your own kid? :|

DG, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Gaaaah, I don't know wtf is wrong with people sometimes. :| Sarah's been having some pretty major issues with her dad lately, too. Nothing as drastic as yours, but still painful, nonetheless. :(

daygloeyes2 said:
Hi VP :hug:

Argh I need to vent right now

My dad was supposed to have a new health insurance plan starting last Tuesday. We have insurance right now, but it’s the welfare one that barely covers anything. And I need good insurance if I want to go on the insulin pump. Without insurance covering it, it’s at least $5000-7000, not including supplies and everything. Anyways, he told my brother last week he got fired supposedly because of child support issues with my mother. Which is total bullshit, they wouldn't fire you over that. My mother calls up his work Saturday to see if he’s working and she’s told that he’s working the next day. And I talked to my mother a half hour ago and she called up HR at his work today. She found out he opted not to get the insurance. I ask my father for nothing, and the one thing I really need he screws me over on and lies to me and tries to make it look like my mother’s fault. He’s a pathetic excuse for a father. How do you screw over your own kid? :|

:mad: :sad: :shocked: :tsk: That is so terrible DG!! I feel sorry for you!:hug: I can't believe he won't do that for you! That's something you need to stay healthy; how awful! My dad recently did the same thing. He's a teacher, and he started at a new school this year, and he won't put me on his health insurance either. He and my mom are getting divorced, and she just went into remisson from Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which affected her back and legs (the tumor was growing into her spine), and she won't be able to work for 2 years. Yet, I have to be on her Medicaid insurance, that's nowhere near as good as his. Lovely situations we're in, aren't they? :huh:

U2isthebest said:

:mad: :sad: :shocked: :tsk: That is so terrible DG!! I feel sorry for you!:hug: I can't believe he won't do that for you! That's something you need to stay healthy; how awful! My dad recently did the same thing. He's a teacher, and he started at a new school this year, and he won't put me on his health insurance either. He and my mom are getting divorced, and she just went into remisson from Non-Hodgins lymphoma, which affected her back and legs (the tumor was growing into her spine), and she won't be able to work for 2 years. Yet, I have to be on her Medicaid insurance, that's nowhere near as good as his. Lovely situations we're in, aren't they? :huh:

I'm so sorry to hear that about your mother! :( :hug:

Your mother has enough on her plate right now, the least he could do is provide you health insurance. :tsk:

daygloeyes2 said:
Our dad's are neck and neck in the race for father of the year! :happy:

:|

I think yours might win. :|

Although, I just remembered this - (it's not as serious as yours, but still shitty, nonetheless)...but a while back she needed physiotherapy because of a knee problem. His insurance covered some of it, but there was still an initial deductible that had to be paid, as well as a per-visit fee. He wouldn't pay it. I had to borrow it from my mom. :happy: :|

That's awful, Brit. :(

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that about your mother! :( :hug:

Your mother has enough on her plate right now, the least he could do is provide you health insurance. :tsk:

Thank you DG!! I'm just thanking God that the cancer is gone. She has to walk with a bad limp (she uses a cane in public), and her back still bothers her, but that will eventually go away. I guess his excuse was that it's "too expensive":shrug: :rolleyes: On a side note, I'm getting the U2 iPod for Christmas :)drool: ) and he claims he can only affor $75 for it. (Yeah, right :| ) and he's making my poor mom pay $200 for it.:madspit:

VintagePunk said:

I think yours might win. :|

Although, I just remembered this - (it's not as serious as yours, but still shitty, nonetheless)...but a while back she needed physiotherapy because of a knee problem. His insurance covered some of it, but there was still an initial deductible that had to be paid, as well as a per-visit fee. He wouldn't pay it. I had to borrow it from my mom. :happy: :|

That's awful, Brit. :(

Thank you VP!! Wow, seems like dads are really fulfilling their fatherly duties around here!:censored: :rolleyes:

Brit, it's not even what he's doing financially, it's the emotional neglect. His current live-in g/f has two kids, and he's more of a father to them than he is to her, and that REALLY upsets her. They moved into a new house in the summer...July, I think?....and she's only been there once.

VintagePunk said:
Brit, it's not even what he's doing financially, it's the emotional neglect. His current live-in g/f has two kids, and he's more of a father to them than he is to her, and that REALLY upsets her. They moved into a new house in the summer...July, I think?....and she's only been there once.

:tsk: That's a disgrace! I don't mean to be rude to the man; I don't know him. However to treat the woman who he's shacking up with kids better than his own daughter is absolutely awful!:mad: Obviously she'll be hurt, but he's not worth it. :|

U2isthebest said:

That he does...:drool: :combust: :faint: Once again...Thank you for the download!:bow: It was an amazing interview! The only thing that could have made it better was to have Adam and Larry :drool: there.

I loved it too :love: I think it's my favorite interview now :drool:

DONT HIT ME KAF! :reject: it was just a weeee bit better than U2 does Much k?

Back
Top Bottom