Pleban Girls Party - a party for all ages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And Hi Fiona :wave:

I don't really have much of Kylie's stuff... I like Confide in Me and that Wild Roses song she did with Nick Cave... :hmm:

andberlin said:
yeah, i really like some of her stuff too weldy, i couldn't handle the contradiction of listening to her & uber-indie music when i was younger, but who cares....makes me feel less stressed. it's a bit like appetite...sometimes you just WANT to listen to someone without having a reason :wink:

I know exactly what you mean... I went through a big nostalgia trip last year and got out all my old John Farnham CDs again... :reject:
:lol:

andberlin said:
yeah, i really like some of her stuff too weldy, i couldn't handle the contradiction of listening to her & uber-indie music when i was younger, but who cares....makes me feel less stressed. it's a bit like appetite...sometimes you just WANT to listen to someone without having a reason :wink:

True...but I haven't heard any of the songs inbetween the years she released Locomotion and Can't Get You Out Of My Head.

it's actually the funnest thing! i don't know a whole lot of her stuff, but yeh, confide in me is one of them - i've had put yourself in my place on repeat all lastnight and this afternoon since i got home from school :ohmy:
i used to be massively into take that when i was 12/13/14 (which overlapped into oasis/radiohead/verve phase - interesting!)...and when i was in borders the other day i saw that they'd re-formed and recorded a new album :ohmy: haha, i was so tempted to buy it just for old times sake :lol: :reject:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

True...but I haven't heard any of the songs inbetween the years she released Locomotion and Can't Get You Out Of My Head.

i know the 90s weren't a successful decade for kylie, but i like some of her stuff from that time - look up confide in me, put yourself in my place, where the wild roses grow, some kind of bliss, breathe and did it again if you're so inclined :wink:

andberlin said:

i know the 90s weren't a successful decade for kylie, but i like some of her stuff from that time - look up confide in me, put yourself in my place, where the wild roses grow, some kind of bliss, breathe and did it again if you're so inclined :wink:

I'll think about it :wink:

True.....us Americans are VERY fickle about our music :wink:

Were you in Sydney for the 2000 Games, Fiona?
I think huge sporting events are overrated... we had the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne last year and it was nothing but trouble... I don't even know whether the city made any money at the end of the day. :lol:

i was! it was very surreal watching the opening ceremony on a big screen when 20 mins down the road i could have seen it f2f (it's now telstra stadium, blablablau2blabla :lol: ) i went to a lot of equestrian events cos i'm still a country girl and my older brother, his son and i were there the day that Jane saville (???) was disqualified from the 20km walk after almost winning it :wink: the place actually had a real atmosphere of festivity, was really nice for two weeks......and then :lol:

Seeya flybabe :wave:

It was interesting with the atmosphere and all, although I only went to one event (the women's weightlifting!), out of a sense of guilt as much as anything else :wink:

bye flybabe :wave:

yeah, it's amazing - all the random events there are! i don't know if i'd be so hyped now - cost, benefits, etc, but hey, i was 17 and thought it was great :lol:

No worries... I'm jealous; I've only got work to distract me :wink:

I'd love to do a course like yours, I think, if I had enough artistic talent :lol:

my mum's been teaching art FOREVER and she reckons that with the right direction, most people are actually better artists than they think, she's never taught me, but i believe her :wink:
i'm excited about this year because i've got more freedom in what i choose to do - no more set assignments, it's about working at what i want to and working towards an exhibition at the end of the year :hyper:

That sounds awesome! :applaud:
I did some art classes (aside from school) when I was younger, and enjoyed it... I need to give my muse a kick and start drawing again :wink:

4.gif

Back
Top Bottom