Pleban Girls Party - A new home for the Threadless Pleban Party Girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MBS said:

I'm fake Edge.

To spread the Edge love.

Because I can. MBS is a slut. :wink:

How does one "sound" like someone on the interenet? :hmm:

Me?

Inquiring minds need to know.

:tongue:

If you're fake Edge, are you even better than the real thing?

Spreading the Edge love? Where did I read about that? :wink:

Don't you be calling MBS a slut! Only we can do that! :wink:

Well, you "read" like her, anyway.

Yeah, you.

You ain't the only one with an inquiring mind.

:lol:

MBS said:
Russty! :hug:

It was freezing her today. :grumpy:

Where'd summer go? :sad:

I miss summer. :sad: <-- with tears streaming out of eyes

I heard "Wake Me Up When September Ends" late Friday (Sept. 30) and cried when I heard it. That damn song always makes me cry ... :sad: It's like someone told Billie Joe, hey, there's gonna be a big hurricane season next August, write a song with rain imagery and title it something about September ending ...

But it was warm again today. And supposed to be cold again the next day or the day after that.

I love Fall! I'm so enjoying wearing warmer clothes and feeling all snuggly. :drool:

SG! :hug: Fly! How ya doin? :hug: :sexywink: Bri :hug: Joanne :hug:

I sometimes forget that we live in a relatively small town that starts closing down really early on Sunday nights. I went to the store at 8pm and they were closed! :madspit: I had to go to another store that was open "late". LOL The gal actually helped me out with my two small bags of stuff. But she was rather cute so I couldn't say no and I think she was really bored. hehe

Then on the way home I was moaning to myself about how freakin dark it is. We have no street lights out here. So I turn off the main road onto our street and about peed my pants! There was a huge black furry bum hanging out of the bushes! :eek: For a minute I thought it was a bear. Thankfully it was just the neighbors Great Dane. :lol: he scared the Hell out of me though. hehe

Russty Cat said:

Then on the way home I was moaning to myself about how freakin dark it is. We have no street lights out here. So I turn off the main road onto our street and about peed my pants! There was a huge black furry bum hanging out of the bushes! :eek: For a minute I thought it was a bear. Thankfully it was just the neighbors Great Dane. :lol: he scared the Hell out of me though. hehe

I thought you were gonna say it was Mr. Cat :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry :reject:

jobob said:

I miss summer. :sad: <-- with tears streaming out of eyes

I heard "Wake Me Up When September Ends" late Friday (Sept. 30) and cried when I heard it. That damn song always makes me cry ... :sad: It's like someone told Billie Joe, hey, there's gonna be a big hurricane season next August, write a song with rain imagery and title it something about September ending ...

But it was warm again today. And supposed to be cold again the next day or the day after that.

It's actually about his fathers death. :hug: It hits me nearly as hard as SYCMOYO :heart:

Fly I have DMB Live at the Gorge on dvd from Netflix! I watched it last night and it was soooo good! DMB rocks big time! And it doesn't hurt that Dave is cute. :wink:

I'm so horrible too. While I was out I went to Blockbuster to get some movies. Well I had to movies rented out on the pass so I was just going to trade them back in for two more. Well I got two more and then um.....bought three others with grocery money. :huh: I'm such a bad girl, but I couldn't help myself! :wink:

Russty Cat said:
I love Fall! I'm so enjoying wearing warmer clothes and feeling all snuggly. :d rool:

SG! :hu g: Fly! How ya doin? :hug: :se xywink: Bri :hu g: Joanne :hu g:

I sometimes forget that we live in a relatively small town that starts closing down really early on Sunday nights. I went to the store at 8pm and they were closed! :madspit: I had to go to another store that was open "late". LOL The gal actually helped me out with my two small bags of stuff. But she was rather cute so I couldn't say no and I think she was really bored. hehe

Then on the way home I was moaning to myself about how freakin dark it is. We have no street lights out here. So I turn off the main road onto our street and about peed my pants! There was a huge black furry bum hanging out of the bushes! :e ek: For a minute I thought it was a bear. Thankfully it was just the neighbors Great Dane. :lol: he scared the Hell out of me though. hehe

yeah, the sidewalks roll up early around here, too. :madspit:

MBS said:

:silent: :lmao:

Last night I remembered one of the nicest things about being out in the country (as opposed to suburbia): you can actually see most of the stars at night because there aren't any street lights and lighted signs around.

Russty Cat said:
Fly I have DMB Live at the Gorge on dvd from Netflix! I watched it last night and it was soooo good! DMB rocks big time! And it doesn't hurt that Dave is cute. :wink:

I am sooo excited :hyper: This is nuts. Tickets are $66.50 US though so kinda steep, but I bet it's so worth it :drool:

I'm going to go to bed now though, 8:30 class :madspit: Night everyone! :hug:

MBS said:

:lmao: Man I about spit my tea out on that one! :lol:

Sadly Mr. Cats bum looks very similar to Bonos....small, cute, and very very white. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

It's actually about his fathers death. :hug: It hits me nearly as hard as SYCMOYO :heart:

Really? Wow ... I had heard people have played it as either an anti-war or support the troops song. And it was used to great effect in a video for the "Shelter from the Storm" benefit.

Since I'm not a big Greenday fan and that's really the only song I know from "American Idiot," I didn't know the song was written about his father's death.

Joanne that is totally what its like here. I remember one of the first nights we were living in this house. I went outside for something and came back in and drug Mr. Cat outside. We just stood on the driveway looking up for like half an hour. All he kept saying was "Damn." :lol: The stars are always so bright and beautiful here.

Nighty night Fly I hope you get to go see Dave. :hug:

What's so sad about someone with a small, cute behind? Sounds good to me ... :wink:

I illustrate:

alittlebonobehind.jpg

Good luck getting DMB tickets, Fly!

jobob said:

Really? Wow ... I had heard people have played it as either an anti-war or support the troops song. And it was used to great effect in a video for the "Shelter from the Storm" benefit.

Since I'm not a big Greenday fan and that's really the only song I know from "American Idiot," I didn't know the song was written about his father's death.

Yeah, Greenday is the only group I'm really into at all other than U2. I listen to a lot of music, but as far as wanting to know anything about the group itself, they're it. His father died in five months before my brother did, and a lot of the music they've written since then has paralleled my own life/grieving.

Time of your life (good riddance) was such a powerful song when Jeff died :heart:

:hug: Night Fly Sweet dreams and good luck with the tickets

SG I meant to tell you that the card and bracelet came today! :hyper: :hug: Thank you so much! I loved the bracelet and the card. The card was so cool! A really neat rendering of Him. There is just something so comforting about His face. :heart:

Russty Cat said:
SG I meant to tell you that the card and bracelet came today! :hyper: :hug: Thank you so much! I loved the bracelet and the card. The card was so cool! A really neat rendering of Him. There is just something so comforting about His face. :heart:

I thought that was really beautiful :yes: And I knew you'd appreciate it :heart: I love having artistic friends again :hug:

Did you sniff the bracelett in search of Adam cooties? :shifty: not that I would do anything like that :shh:

MBS said:

"sadly"?
Would you rather it was big black and hairy? :lmao:

Night Fly! :hug: :heart:
Sweet dreams! And good luck with DMB! :happy:

Black and hairy could be interesting. :wink: :lol:

The picture Jo posted could be Mr. Cat from behind if you changed the hair color just a tad. I'm not looking forward to the day when I meet Bono and the poor wee man has to look up to me. :giggle:

Gosh SG I had no idea that Billie had gone thru all of that. :heart: Its amazing how together they always seem to be as musicians.

Music is seriously sometimes what makes life easier for so many. :love:

Sad_Girl said:

I thought that was really beautiful :yes: And I knew you'd appreciate it :heart: I love having artistic friends again :hug:

Did you sniff the bracelett in search of Adam cooties? :shifty: not that I would do anything like that :shh:

:shifty: Um sniffing it came to mind, since I thought licking it might freak the kids out. :lol: I put it on right away so I could start enjoying the full on Adam cooties experience.

I've been wearing another One bracelet for about 4 or 5 months now. I got it from someone on another message board, it has no personal attatchment beyond it being a One bracelet so I'm going to mail it to Cindy since she doesn't have one. I told her she would have to put up with the lower class Russty cooties. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

Gosh SG I had no idea that Billie had gone thru all of that. :heart: Its amazing how together they always seem to be as musicians.

Music is seriously sometimes what makes life easier for so many. :love:

:yes: It's funny, actually, the similarities I can see in his life and Bono's. Two pretty different people, but sort of running a real similar course in life.

I admire him a lot, because he and the band are constantly trying to stay true to their punk roots but expand their musical style and subject matter. He thinks (rightly so IMO) that music is a very important medium for social change and political reform.
And he is another one of those totally devoted to his wife type of rock stars. :sigh: :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I've been wearing another One bracelet for about 4 or 5 months now. I got it from someone on another message board, it has no personal attatchment beyond it being a One bracelet so I'm going to mail it to Cindy since she doesn't have one. I told her she would have to put up with the lower class Russty cooties. :wink:

:lmao: I have a feeling she won't mind :wink:

:wave: Hello Diane!

Bri - I don't think your clone is going to show up tonight :sad:

HI Diane! :hug: I'm doing good. How are you doing?

SG I meant to also say I love that I have artistic friends as well. It is so much more fun to share things like that with other people. I grew up for years with this huge painting of Jesus in my brothers room. It was the typical idea of what he looks like, but it had this total sense of peace about it. I always loved it. I also have a huge love affair with crosses. Other people see them as signs of pain and loss. To me they mean faith in something greater then ourselves, forgiveness, and hope.

Russty Cat said:
HI Diane! :hug: I'm doing good. How are you doing?

SG I meant to also say I love that I have artistic friends as well. It is so much more fun to share things like that with other people. I grew up for years with this huge painting of Jesus in my brothers room. It was the typical idea of what he looks like, but it had this total sense of peace about it. I always loved it. I also have a huge love affair with crosses. Other people see them as signs of pain and loss. To me they mean faith in something greater then ourselves, forgiveness, and hope.

Crosses are one of the few things I actually draw freehand. :heart:

I've been doing a lot of landscapes lately, too, but nothing spectacular. Not that the crosses I draw are spectacular, either. :lol:

just another thing we have in common :)

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: It's funny, actually, the similarities I can see in his life and Bono's. Two pretty different people, but sort of running a real similar course in life.

I admire him a lot, because he and the band are constantly trying to stay true to their punk roots but expand their musical style and subject matter. He thinks (rightly so IMO) that music is a very important medium for social change and political reform.
And he is another one of those totally devoted to his wife type of rock stars. :sigh: :wink:

I admire him so much for speaking out on things that are so important. They really impressed me during the Live8 concert. Hmmmm I'm feeling the urge to pick up some Green Day cds. hehe

Back
Top Bottom