Pleban Girls (and Guys) Party: The Long Weekend Approaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thunderstorms can be great :yes: and nice spring showers. I'm just not a fan of that cloudy, cold, damp sort of rainy weather, where it just sort of lingers and there aren't any significant showers

I do my best writing when it rains :love:

the rockin edge said:
you mean you don't like English weather? :wink:

Or Michigan weather :lol: We have a significant amount of towns named after places in England and Ireland because so many people from there settled in Michigan. the great lakes weather reminded them of home, I guess :shifty: Until it winter arrived, of course. and then they couldn't leave, because they were buried in ten feet of snow!

Sad_Girl said:

Or Michigan weather :lol: We have a significant amount of towns named after places in England and Ireland because so many people from there settled in Michigan. the great lakes weather reminded them of home, I guess :shifty: Until it winter arrived, of course. and then they couldn't leave, because they were buried in ten feet of snow!

:lmao:

yeah, there's not too many 10ft mounds of snow in England. :wink:

the rockin edge said:

:lmao:

yeah, there's not too many 10ft mounds of snow in England. :wink:

nope. they were definitely surprised :lol:

I'm picturing scenes from movies where they have big glaciers and historic type things are frozen in them.... and an entire village of English and Irish settlers preserved perfectly sitting around drinking tea or something :wink: :giggle:

Sad_Girl said:

nope. they were definitely surprised :lol:

I'm picturing scenes from movies where they have big glaciers and historic type things are frozen in them.... and an entire village of English and Irish settlers preserved perfectly sitting around drinking tea or something :wink: :giggle:

the Irish would be drinking beer or whisky :wink:

Drea and Sami already went to bed, Patti, VP and Sarah all just sort of vanished :sad: Russty signed on awhile ago, but she didn't come in here to say hi :sigh:

:sigh: another one of you goes out and gets a real life, leaving me here all alone :wink:

I've been making an effort to spend a little less time here, myself. At least during the daytime hours. I need to get more exercise and I need to get more done on my manuscripts which I promised myself I would have submitted a few months ago :reject:

I know. :lol: I have the first draft done of one novel, but I have some fairly major revisions to make and I just HATE revising :reject:

I think you have a real life; you are a musician, after all :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
well, thats good news :up: doing what?

working at a coffee shop/cafe.

i've been going there on and off for the live music & saw they were hiring.

when i gave the application back the manager came out and talked to me and said the hiring is done from the main office, but that she reccomended what that place needed and said she would let them know and i should get an interview in the next week or so :up:

:dancing:

she also thought it was cool i gave guitar lessons :cool:

the rockin edge said:

working at a coffee shop/cafe.

i've been going there on and off for the live music & saw they were hiring.

when i gave the application back the manager came out and talked to me and said the hiring is done from the main office, but that she reccomended what that place needed and said she would let them know and i should get an interview in the next week or so :up:

:dancing:

she also thought it was cool i gave guitar lessons :cool:

Wow, that does sound promising :up: And it sounds like a great place for you to work, too. There is something great about finding someplace to work where you can feel really comfortable to be yourself, and this sounds like it would be that way. Good luck, let me know how it goes! :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

Wow, that does sound promising :up: And it sounds like a great place for you to work, too. There is something great about finding someplace to work where you can feel really comfortable to be yourself, and this sounds like it would be that way. Good luck, let me know how it goes! :hug:

thanks, I will :D

i think there's some cute girls working there too :drool:

:shifty:

the rockin edge said:

:confused:

why do you think i applied? :shifty:

:tongue:

18.gif

What was I thinking? :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Aww! I feel special! :happy: :laugh:

and is there a reason why you would not want them to know?

well i don't want my dad to know cause he'll make out like it was his idea :blahblah: i may not even tell him if i get the job :hmm:

i'll tell my mom if i get it, not telling her now cause i want to do this thing myself. if that makes sense :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom