Pleban Girls (and Guys) Party: The Long Weekend Approaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome Carek! :hug: Everyone's welcome here!

Drea, I think the Alcohoroscope is more for a bit of a laugh. I'm Aries, and it's pretty accurate of me, but there's also qualities in the other signs that are like me too. :laugh:

ireallyheartu2 said:
Hi,
I'm not sure If I'm at the right place to ask this question so forgive me if i am! Does anybody know where i can purchase the hoodie with the angel wings on the back like Bono wears in Sometimes you cant make it on your own?
Thank you!

Hi there! I don't know where you could get that, but I'm sure someone around here will know. Good luck! :up:

ThoraSEB said:

Drea, I think the Alcohoroscope is more for a bit of a laugh. I'm Aries, and it's pretty accurate of me, but there's also qualities in the other signs that are like me too. :laugh:

I know :lol: Actually, I'm sure a few people around here would deny the :angel: for me anyway :wink:

Wild, it's really hard to describe. I'm still kind of in awe from it. :lol:

The enjoyment level/awesomeness factor was very similar to that of a U2 show. But the vibe was really different. Completely different atmosphere. Mellow and laid back, yet completely intense, all at the same time. And the venue is SO tiny and intimate. We were in the first balcony, and yet we were SO close.

A lady next to us took pictures, and if they turn out, she's going to e-mail me some. I hope they do. :hyper: Although I read in Gilmour's blog today, Guy Pratt (the bass player, he posts on the blog regularly) was pissed off about flash cameras, said they all hate them, and asked ppl to spread the word at future shows to please not use them. :uhoh:

They played for nearly 3 hours last night! From 8 till 11, with a 20 minute intermission.

Here's the setlist from last night:

First Half (all from the new cd, the entire thing!): Castellorizon; On An Island; The Blue; Red Sky At Night; This Heaven; Then I Close My Eyes; Take a Breath; Smile; A Pocketful of Stones; Where We Start

Second Half: Shine On You Crazy Diamond; Wearing The Inside Out; Coming Back To Life; Dominoes; Breathe/Time/Breathe Reprise; High Hopes; Echoes

Encore: Wish You Were Here; Comfortably Numb

My BIL PAul(the one that's meet Bono :grumpy:) told us of the day he meet Joe Elliott....

He was in a bar in Dublin when a bloke came and sat next to him and offered to buy him a drink. He introduced himself as Joe and Paul excepted and introduced himself. They got talking and Paul said he was a barman and Joe said he was in a band :lol:

Anyway Paul became consious of people staring at him and Joe, and he said it was uncomfortable. So he said to Joe about it and suggested they go elsewhere. Joe agreed and as they left a girl throw herself at Joe and snogged him saying how much his music meant etc, Paul turns around to him and says " Wow Joe that must be some band you're in"

Joe laughs and responds " Yeah, i suppose you could say that. I'm the singer with Def Leppard :shocked:

He says he's also mates with all the staff at Lillie's Bordello....I must ask him to take me encase a certain irishman is there :shifty:

Last edited:
WildHoney said:
My BIL PAul(the one that's meet Bono :grumpy:) told us of the day he meet Joe Elliott....

He was in a bar in Dublin when a bloke came and sat next to him and offered to buy him a drink. He introduced himself as Joe and Paul excepted and introduced himself. They got talking and Paul said he was a barman and Joe said he was in a band :lol:

Anyway Paul became consious of people staring at him and Joe, and he said it was uncomfortable. So he said to Joe about it and suggested they go elsewhere. Joe agreed and as they left a girl throw herself at Joe and snogged him saying how much his music meant etc, Paul turns around to him and says " Wow Joe that must be some band you're in"

Joe laughs and responds " Yeah, i suppose you could say that. I'm the singer with Def Leppard :shocked:

He says he's also mates with all the staf ay Lillie's Bordello....I must ask him to take me encase a certain irishman is there :shifty:

:lol: Too funny!! I was surfing once and came upon a groupie website, where they actually rank rockstars, and describe their extracurricular activities. It was like a train wreck, I couldn't look away. :reject: Seems Joe is quite the man-ho! :shame:

:dancing: :dance: Thursday, my friend is coming Thursday, with not one, but two birthday presents for me, on Thursday :dancing: :dance:

Yeah, ok, I'm done now :lol:

Hi VP, and Drea and anyone I might have missed, I'm so excited right now I can't even spell properly :happy:

WildHoney said:

:shifty: That sounds more like .....:ohmy:

:lol:

It seriously was almost like that. :lol: If you're a fan of that music at all, it could be described as orgasmic. The man is a legend, a guitar God...the sounds that come out of that instrument. Wow. Richard Wright's keys were amazing. And Dick Parry and the sax...fucking unbelievable!

You know how they say U2 is like a spiritual experience? So was this.

WildHoney said:
So i've heard :lol:

Paul has also had drinks with Huey from the Fun Lovin' Criminals

I really should hang out with him when i'm in Dublin in June:wink:

Lillie Bordellos sounds like fun. :shifty:

Did you ever see, I think it was on one of those Behind the Music sort of programs, what went on under the stage during the Hysteria/7 Day Weekend tours? OMG.

I had NO idea. I was so naive and innocent back then. And the thing is, if I'd really wanted to, I think I could have been there. :shifty: The show I was at, I was front row, and Phil was flirting up a storm with me. At the very end when they were walking around waving, he specifically came right over to me, waved, while making this sad face, pretending he was crying...I just smiled back and waved a little. I think one little sign, and I coulda been there. :yikes: My ex was with me, though. :shifty: I would have been grossed out :yuck:

Bad Def Leppard! :shame:

Back
Top Bottom