Pleban Girls (and Guys) Party - Celebrating Bono's B-day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love thunder storms but we dont get so very many of them here... but when we do i am so thrilled when there is circular lightening and rainbows on the sound!

is is a sinus or tension thing?
perhaps a glass of wine might help ?

Sad_Girl said:
I love it when it rains :drool: It has been threatening to rain for several hours now, but it's warm enough to have the windows open if you wear a sweatshirt so I'm happy :) I love the smell of the rain

Jump in your truck and drive downstate to my house, SG. The thunderstorms just hit my suburb. I'm sitting in my bedroom listening to the rain and the thunder.

:wink:

Molly Bloom said:
i love thunder storms but we dont get so very many of them here... but when we do i am so thrilled when there is circular lightening and rainbows on the sound!

is is a sinus or tension thing?
perhaps a glass of wine might help ?

No I can't drink except on very special occassions - medications that it interferes with and such

My Nephew called me from school today to come home sick because he had a bad headache, too. It's hard to say if it's from spring allergies we have in common or if we picked up a cold. Come to think of it his little brother who I babysit was sick with a cold on Monday

Molly Bloom said:
hello joanne!
i sent you a pm a bit ago!

sorry you had a bad day... what
happened ?

Too much stress, too much to do, too many e-mails and phone calls to answer, not enough time during the day to do it all ... :huh:

Not to mention I am overqualified and overeducated for my job -- not that my supervisors or employer really seem to care about that fact. :sigh:

Edit: I also finally got your PM; still need to read it ...

jobob said:

Too much stress, too much to do, too many e-mails and phone calls to answer, not enough time during the day to do it all ... :huh:

Not to mention I am overqualified and overeducated for my job -- not that my supervisors or employer really much seems to much care about that fact. :sigh:

Edit: I also finally got your PM; still need to read it ...

it is no big deal, the pm.. just a little thank you and such!

how long have you worked at your current job?

Sad_Girl said:
Jo :hug: Life just plain sucks sometimes, doesn't it? :wink:
Enjoy the rain showers though! :love:

Yeah, it sure does.

How do you feel about hail, SG? We're having some ... :yikes:

Read your latest chapter of Out of Control this morning, by the way ...

:drool:

Hail makes me nervous, I'll admit :lol: a little isn't a bad thing, but when you get a lot or it gets bigger than, say pea size.... :yikes: :uhoh: :lol:

What did you want to ask, Molly?

Molly Bloom said:

it is no big deal, the pm.. just a little thank you and such!

how long have you worked at your current job?

Seven and a half years. The job recently changed to what I thought was going to be a promotion. Unfortunately, it hasn't really worked out that way.

I would leave, I would have left months ago. But -- unfortunately again -- I'm here in good old Detroit and Michigan, with one of the country's worst unemployment rates. And it takes time to move and get a new job ...

But enough about me. Say, isn't it some Irish guy's birthday?

well..
i have a friend who i had a bit of a blow out with a few weeks ago
she wants to hang out and i dont know how to handle it...
she says i am selfish because i opened a very special bottle of wine from venice and gave her 2 glasses... she asked for a third and i said i wanted to save a glass for my guy to try...
she told me several days later that it wasn't essential to me to have the wine for my guy and that i was selfish...
i want to go for a drink with her but she always expects me to pay or she wont tip and i feel obligated to pay her tip
so should i go out and just ask for a seperate check ??

Molly Bloom said:
well..
she says i am selfish because i opened a very special bottle of wine from venice and gave her 2 glasses... she asked for a third and i said i wanted to save a glass for my guy to try...
she told me several days later that it wasn't essential to me to have the wine for my guy and that i was selfish...
i want to go for a drink with her but she always expects me to pay or she wont tip and i feel obligated to pay her tip

She's the one who's being selfish. How could she not understand your not wanting you to share the wine with your man? :eyebrow:

If you go out with her again, ask for separate checks.

Molly Bloom said:
well..

I have no idea really...it seems like she is the selfish one here :tsk:

I think you should go ahead and go if you feel like it. If you just won't have fun, tell her no. She needs to realize that you have the right to make decisions like that - I mean, hello, you already shared two glasses of wine with her and she wanted more? There're only like four glasses in a bottle. You aren't selfish for not giving her three quarters of the bottle :madwife: and definitely get your own check seperately - sounds like she is the selfish one - and not tipping? waitresses and bartenders make more money from their tips than they do from their paycheck! I can't imagine not leaving a tip

Back
Top Bottom