Pleban Girls (and Boys) party - do you ever get the feeling...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh yeah and

another thing with the Unranian Catholic/s is that they follow thwe "old" calander which goes by the moon { i think} so Easter is like the Orthodox Church's easter time wise.........

it can be the same as what I used to call it "American" Easter.........this year our Palm Sunday is "american" easter......Easter in NEXT sunday...

but some yrs it's exactly the samer timing and other years it caN GO 2, 3 OR T{{the most} 4 weeks apart!! :lol: confused the heck outta me :huh: when i was real young......

My mom's side of the family where we ........usually hung out with..... would hacve according to the Orthodix Greek calander.......

VintagePunk said:
Yeah. My dad passed away on easter, 8 years ago. To this day, I can't bring myself to celebrate (even in a secular way), or do the family thing...

I remember you telling me that, now. :hug: Sorry I forgot briefly. I can see why you would not want to mark a holiday which reminded you of something so sad. The trauma of a family death is horrible anyway, but one which was so sudden and unexpected and then associated with a holiday... I can't blame you for wanting to simply get through the holiday quietly and without event :hug:

Thanks :hug: I'm okay now. Today (yesterday now, I guess) was the actual anniversary. I wasn't really sad or anything, that's better now. Just kind of introspective and reflective. I had a happy dream about him the other night. That was nice. :) And I'm sure Sunday will pass without incident, too.

oh jeeeeeze i had the saddest thot just a few secs ago.....before you posted vp........

I remember one Family gathering........ it was at our place........Christmas most likely.........and i think my dad was depressed or had come out of his first one {maybe second one} and he said to Mom's side of the faimly who was all that ever came over......

thank you so much for bringing me into the family........and

Yeah he's been a bad/naSTY bastard between 88 -2002 alot of the time........

but I only fopuind out in the last year that

my aunt by marriage hated my dad and maybe even my Godfather later on................. sinse they feel he did my mom wrong........

:sad: :sad:

sorry...... ithe contrast just popped up and i didn't want to leave with THAT just in my head.........:(

VintagePunk said:
Thanks :hug: I'm okay now. Today (yesterday now, I guess) was the actual anniversary. I wasn't really sad or anything, that's better now. Just kind of introspective and reflective. I had a happy dream about him the other night. That was nice. :) And I'm sure Sunday will pass without incident, too.

:hug: Happy dreams about people we've lost are such a gift :heart: You never really get over something like that, you just learn to move on. I'm glad to hear you don't have the sadness as much, anymore. It's been eight years since Jeff died, as well. I'm happier now when I think of him, more often than feeling terribly sad.

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: Happy dreams about people we've lost are such a gift :heart: You never really get over something like that, you just learn to move on. I'm glad to hear you don't have the sadness as much, anymore. It's been eight years since Jeff died, as well. I'm happier now when I think of him, more often than feeling terribly sad.

I dream about him a LOT, and they're always really vivid. And mostly happy now. When I'm stressed, I'll sometimes have one of the nightmares of seeing it happen over again like I had in the first year, but thankfully they're fairly rare now.

Eight years for you, too? :hug: Do you ever feel sort of sad that you're not so sad about it anymore? :huh: I think you'll probably know what I mean by that.

VintagePunk said:

I dream about him a LOT, and they're always really vivid. And mostly happy now. When I'm stressed, I'll sometimes have one of the nightmares of seeing it happen over again like I had in the first year, but thankfully they're fairly rare now.

Eight years for you, too? :hug: Do you ever feel sort of sad that you're not so sad about it anymore? :huh: I think you'll probably know what I mean by that.

Yeah, I do. I went through a period when I realized I wasn't doing the little things I used to do to remember him; like looking at the place where he used to live when I drive by. Thinking about him as much, especially when I refer to Dave as my brother, rather than one of my brothers.

But then I find myself thinking about him at odd times, when I'm least expecting it and I realize its not so much that I'm forgetting him or anything, but that I'm not associating him with just the sad things anymore. and I realize that he would kick my ass for not moving forward and living my life :wink:

and Yeah, I just realized that would have been the same year you lost your dad. another one of those strange coincidences :hug:

And I dream about him all the time, too. One night I had a dream about him being here, reading a story to Jeffy and My Brothers kids, who were also born after Jeff died. They were sitting on his lap and stuff, because kids always adored him and he loved kids so much. That was one of my favorite dreams ever

~BrightestStar~ said:
:hug:
No, of course not!

I just had little to add since I have been fortunate enough to have not yet experienced what you and my clone have. :hug:

And I figured it was an inappropriate time to drool over your latest chapter. :wink:

:hug:

Did you read it? :hyper:

~BrightestStar~ said:

You have doubts that I would? :tongue:

didn't know if you'd had time yet, you're always so busy doing several things at once

Was it ok? I'm having issues with the story :| I actually took a whole scene off the end before I posted

Sad_Girl said:

didn't know if you'd had time yet, you're always so busy doing several things at once

Was it ok? I'm having issues with the story :| I actually took a whole scene off the end before I posted

I've always got time for you, and for OOC :love:

And I'm still in love with it. The interaction between the characters and how they're portrayed...:heart: You've got great style and stuff.
You're probably just being too self critical.

What are you having problems with, perhaps if you point me towards what you don't like I can offer opinions?

~BrightestStar~ said:

I've always got time for you, and for OOC :love:

And I'm still in love with it. The interaction between the characters and how they're portrayed...:heart: You've got great style and stuff.
You're probably just being too self critical.

What are you having problems with, perhaps if you point me towards what you don't like I can offer opinions?

my big problem is that I'm sort of undecided on a really important future development for one character, and it's having an effect on how this character relates to other characters now... :huh: I have a plan for what happens, but every time I try to write toward that happening, I run into a roadblock.
I'm sure I'll work it out, but it can prove distracting to me when I'm trying to write certain scenes.

I just wanted to be sure everything made sense when you read it and didn't confuse you; nothing seemed just not right, you know what I mean?

Where'd VP go? :sad:

Back
Top Bottom