Pleban Girl Party: Too Tired from all the U2 excitement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:
7611-3.jpg

7610-2.jpg

Not sure if they girls had seen these :wave:
:drool:
thanks!!!!!!! i see Jem and Wild

Diane SPILL!

Okay.
I came THIS close THISCLOSE to making eye contact with The Man...
He was signing, posing for pictures, etc., working his way down my side. He posed for a picture with a fellow Interferencer (I'll let her tell her story) who was in the front row, slightly to my right; I was in back and to the left of her. He then TURNS AROUND AND WALKS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SIDEWALK!!!!!!
No eye contact.
No shaking hands.
No autograph.
Just....I wanted to fall to my knees and yell "NOOOOOO!!!!!"

Diane L said:
Okay.
He was signing, posing for pictures, etc., working his way down my side. He posed for a picture with a fellow Interferencer (I'll let her tell her story) who was in the front row, slightly to my right; I was in back and to the left of her. He then TURNS AROUND AND WALKS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SIDEWALK!!!!!!
No eye contact.
No shaking hands.
No autograph.

:hug: :sad: :hug:

Diane L said:
Okay.
No eye contact.
No shaking hands.
No autograph.

oh, Diane :hug: I'm so sorry. that is the most frustrating thing ever. was this after the show?

I was hoping he'd return to our side of the sidewalk, but no go...he and John walked in, looking straight ahead.
So, I'm all :sad:, thinking it's a value judgement, that I'm not good enough to say hi to the B-Man and oh, well, I want to meet the Silver Fox more ANYWAY, and I'm thinking all this as I make my way to the auditorium. But I had a couple of nice surprises in store...
1) Everyone's true favorite was in the house: PAUL MCGUINNESS HIMSELF!!!! :drool: :combust: When I saw him I thought "McGoodness McGuinness" and I thought of DG (Miss You Sugar!). So, that cheered me up, for I was a very lucky girl to see P.Mc.G.
Then...
2) The woman behind me at one point said, "There's The Edge." I was like, "Where?" And she said, "Where all the flashes are going off." So I thought I'd investigate, and walked about 10 rows down from my seat until I saw...The Edge standing next to PATTI SMITH, with a big smile on his face, and didn't he look great!!!! And that cheered me up even more, and I thought, "I am a lucky girl to see The Edge AND Paul McGuinness!"

oh great! i'm so happy you got to see both of them. Wow, and Patti Smith! unreal! So they were just sitting in the auditorium? you must have been up front then?

and really, it's so easy to feel that it is some kind of value judgment...but of course, you know it's not. they are just pressed for time and so there's never enough love to go around :(

I hope you get your shot at MSG!

No, Ruff, it was before the talk.

Anyway, the talks were great. Bono was funny and cute and charming and I forgave him for snubbing me. And yes, Ruff, Jeffrey Sachs is terrific!!! Just about the best speaker I ever heard, very compelling.

Anyway...after the talk...people were waiting around again, so I figured what the hey, I'll give Bono another chance to snub me! First out was Edge, who looked adorable and waved, but didn't stop. We were all yelling things at him and I got out a "We love you, Edge!" Then, as the car made its way towards the street, I was VERY VERY close to it. It had tinted windows, but...I waved and yelled, "Bye, sweetheart!" at the window where he would have been sitting! Did he see me? Who knows?

Then, Bono came out, and went to the other side of the sidewalk again. :mad: He then got into the car, and it pulled out, stopped at a light, and the fans were walking to the car...anything for a Magic Moment with Bono, I suppose. Then the car passed a red light and went off into the night...

And that is the Reader's Digest Condensed Version of Diane's Day of Bonomania. :curtainfalls:

I agree with Ruff, Diane :yes: The man has so many people waiting to talk to him and shake his hand, he can only do so much. He wouldn't snub you on purpose :hug:

And congrats on the other close encounters! They're a nice surprise when you weren't expecting to see anyone but B tonight. It bodes well for another encounter with all of them later.

My seat was more towards the back, but my sightline was good...I was in a straight line with where Bono sat on the dais during Sachs' talk.

And that was something I didn't expect...Bono staying for the talk. I spent quite a lot of time looking at him, watching him watching Sachs. It was neat to see him as a "real" person, not performing, just like an audience member.

thanks for sharing! at least you got band sightings, if not band meetings. not the same, i know...and yes, isn't Sachs amazing? He's such an easygoing speaker and really explains complex ideas in a way that is utterly engaging and accessible.

I need to run off to bed, but can't wait to see you in NYC..and can you PM me your number again? I meant to put it in my phone and now can't find that message.

night everyone :wave:

Sad_Girl said:
Dazz :hug: Sorry to hear that!

Thanks SG :heart:

I had a feeling i was taking too long at home with stuff i was to do & wanted to do juggling...I've gotten stuck having to srounge for a new copy of my birth Cert {4 medicaid} sudden stoopid problem :grumpy:....i can't find :scream: the at least one if not 2 copies i had done some years back, put into my " {life forbid-if-there's-a-fire-this-the-bag-of-impotant-personal-papers-and mementoes-emergency-exit" bag........ and i couldn't figure out what to wear { a wash needs doing ASAP }

so ......i haD A FEELING IT WAS NOT TO BE TONIGHT..... BELEIVE ME I COULDN'T sorry pinky slip...have put up the "eeklaugh: smilie IF i didn't feel more at peace with a miss-up than not....:yes:

Diane L said:
Okay.
No eye contact.
No shaking hands.
No autograph.

arrgggGGGGGGGGg! :rant: :( :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom