Pleban Girl Party: Too Tired from all the U2 excitement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane L said:

But the talk was great. Intellectual Bono was funny and charming and charismatic and had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Jeffrey Sachs was just about the most compelling speaker I've ever heard.

In a blog linked to one of the NYU threads, an Interferencer wrote that Bono said kids camp out for Sachs and trade for his tickets just as if he were a rock star. :lol:

I seriously need to read all of "The End of Poverty."

And when Bono was wearing that NYU jacket, I thought of your story with B, and how he would wear a jacket like that!!! [/QUOTE]

OMG, Diane, you really are my fan, aren't you?

In my little alternate universe, he would so wear that jacket.
And I -- I mean, J -- would so steal it from him. :wink:

MBS said:

How have we let something so silly as school, and work, and life get in the way?
:tsk:

I've missed you!

:hug: :heart:

And how did I *know* you would buy the dvd recorder. It was bound to happen eventually! :lmao:
Did you get it from Best buy? :wink:

I sent dad out for new blank tapes. :D

Awww, I've missed you too!! (heh...you too). :heart:

You knew I'd buy it cause I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to U2, or anything related to U2? :wink:

jobob said:

OMG, Diane, you really are my fan, aren't you?

In my little alternate universe, he would so wear that jacket.
And I -- I mean, J -- would so steal it from him. :wink:

I also thought that Bono will probably wind up giving it to Jordan. College apparel is a big deal to high schoolers!

VintagePunk said:

Awww, I've missed you too!! (heh...you too). :heart:

You knew I'd buy it cause I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to U2, or anything related to U2? :wink:

Willpower is *highly* overrated, and should only be used when it benefits you....

:shifty:

Like playing hard to get with a certain irish man...just to tease him. :drool:

How's your thesis stuff going, anyway?

Russty! :hug:

I've been saving this just for you :flirt:
edge2.gif

Diane L said:

Yeah, baby!!!!:rockon:

How are you, Russty? :hug: I saw Edge last night, and he was adorable!!! Very, VERY cute! :cute:

Hi Diane! :hug: I'm so glad you got to go to the talk! And thank you so much for checking Edge out for me. hehe :heart: :love: I haven't had a chance to check out the pictures, but when does the man ever not look cute? :giggle: :flirt:

I'm doing okay, just a busy girl this week. My in laws are here from out of town driving me nuts. :lol: How are you doing?

Diane L said:

I also thought that Bono will probably wind up giving it to Jordan. College apparel is a big deal to high schoolers!

Oh, she'd love it. From the few pictures I've ever seen of Jordan and Eve, they would start a trend of wearing a jacket like that over their funky trendy Boho clothing. If they don't already.

MBS said:

Willpower is *highly* overrated, and should only be used when it benefits you....

:shifty:

Like playing hard to get with a certain irish man...just to tease him. :drool:

How's your thesis stuff going, anyway?

It's going pretty well, thanks. :) The only problem is the computer guy - if he'd get moving (he was supposed to have stuff done for me while I was away, but I'm still waiting :madspit: ), I could start selecting participants and probably be running them by the end of next week.

Russty!! :hug:

Russty Cat said:

Hi Diane! :hug: I'm so glad you got to go to the talk! And thank you so much for checking Edge out for me. hehe :heart: :love: I haven't had a chance to check out the pictures, but when does the man ever not look cute? :giggle: :flirt:

I'm doing okay, just a busy girl this week. My in laws are here from out of town driving me nuts. :lol: How are you doing?

I'm fine. I have a lot of work to do on a freelance project of mine but my head is so full of U2 that I'm having a difficult time concentrating! Last night was one of the most fun nights I've had in way too long.

jobob said:

Oh, she'd love it. From the few pictures I've ever seen of Jordan and Eve, they would start a trend of wearing a jacket like that over their funky trendy Boho clothing. If they don't already.

:yes: I could totally see that being a trend. Now the big thing is the college sweatshirt hoodies but they can't be zip up, only pullover :lol:

I've not seen pictures- I can't picture them being the funky boho type- Ali's style seems very...classic to me.

Oh,
Today, I went to drop off an assignmnet for Stats. And when I get there, my one gal friend, was there too, with her bf. (And this would be the gal who put the infamous bit in the yearbook :wink: )
So anyway, she's introducing me to him and stuff. And we're chit chatting when suddenly...

"She's met Bono you know!!"
I start cracking up at the randomness of her outburst, etc....and She's like well, "I'm jealous. You touched him!" By now her Bf loos like this :confused:
I'm pretty sure I had the *stupidest* grin on my face.
And 5 secs later we move on so I can make a crappy joke about "chemistry being a bonding experience"

:happy:

VintagePunk said:

It's going pretty well, thanks. :) The only problem is the computer guy - if he'd get moving (he was supposed to have stuff done for me while I was away, but I'm still waiting :madspit: ), I could start selecting participants and probably be running them by the end of next week.

Russty!! :hug:

Beat him with a keyboard.

That'll set him straight. Of course, you'll need a new computer guy..........:wink:

I wish I had a tv in this room. I don't wanna leave when it starts. :(

Diane L said:

I'm fine. I have a lot of work to do on a freelance project of mine but my head is so full of U2 that I'm having a difficult time concentrating! Last night was one of the most fun nights I've had in way too long.

I know what you mean! I haven't gotten much work done this week. I was out in my studio trying to work on a skeleton doll and all I could think of was I'm seeing U2 in a month!!! :hyper: :dance: :rockon: They aren't really conducive to getting work done. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom