Pleban Girl Party: The Saints are coming down under!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Hi/Night BB12 again :hug: :wave:

Hi Jo....love your sig :up: :hug: :wave:

Thanks. It was between that, or "... and I'm running for absolutely nothing."

:wink:

Weird thing about it being election eve; there were fewer candidate commercials during prime time tonight. But now that the 11 o'clock news is on, Gov. Granholm's commercials started up yet again. :huh:

Edit: Oh, look, her opponent is talking about what he'd do on "day one" of his governorship. What about day two? :hmm:

Last edited:
jobob said:

Weird thing about it being election eve; there were fewer candidate commercials during prime time tonight. But now that the 11 o'clock news is on, Gov. Granholm's commercials started up yet again. :huh:

Edit: Oh, look, her opponent is talking about what he'd do on "day one" of his governorship. What about day two? :hmm:

:tsk: Here in Illinois it was about the same....but i haven't watch much primetime stuff on the network channels tonight.

jobob said:

:lmao: :lmao: I know! I just saw that commercial, and the first thing that entered my mind was "My, My Dick we're going to get a lot done in one day. I'm impressed.":no: :rolleyes:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I'm doing fine Brittany...I'm suprised you are still up...usually I'm the only one here at this time of the day.

Hey..I know it's great. :wink: I fell asleep during "Heroes" and woke up at midnight, so now I can't sleep:happy:

Currently Listening: "Bye Bye Baby"/Madonna

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I never registered before....so why start now :shrug:

I'm one of those ultra-political people with really strong opinions...I can remember being angry to the point of rage during the 2000 election when Bush basically cheated his way into office. *end rant*.

Currently Listening: "Fall Away"/The Fray

U2isthebest said:

I'm one of those ultra-political people with really strong opinions...I can remember being angry to the point of rage during the 2000 election when Bush basically cheated his way into office. *end rant*.

Currently Listening: "Fall Away"/The Fray

I'm pretty much anti-politics......I don't like how our country is run and some of the issues are pretty petty and overused. I wished these people would come up with creative and original issues :mad:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I'm pretty much anti-politics......I don't like how our country is run and some of the issues are pretty petty and overused. I wished these people would come up with creative and original issues :mad:

I agree. That's why I get so worked up and hyper upfront with what I think. LOL

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I'm staying in the background cause I feel like if I voiced my opinion then it will be taken away from me or diluted or something. :tsk:

Basically I don't like politics in all forms.

Sorry :reject:

No! That's fine. LOL. It'd do me good if I didn't get so political. We all don't have an interest in the same things and that's what's great!:yes:

U2isthebest said:

No! That's fine. LOL. It'd do me good if I didn't get so political. We all don't have an interest in the same things and that's what's great!:yes:

No! I want you to voice your opinion! I've notice you have a bubbly attitude that's good for something like politics.

Me, I'm the cynical type that's jaded about politics....more so since 9/11.

I'm sorta the same way about my religion too....but the physical side of it...not the spiritual.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

No! I want you to voice your opinion! I've notice you have a bubbly attitude that's good for something like politics.

Me, I'm the cynical type that's jaded about politics....more so since 9/11.

I'm sorta the same way about my religion too....but the physical side of it...not the spiritual.

Me?:wink: Thank you. I'm not jaded about politics, but I am about this administration.:mad: As for religion, I HATE it. It does nothing but create rules/traditions of people. I simply have a relationship with Jesus. I go to a church, but it's a far cry from what most people think of when they think of church. It's not a pious, self-righteous place at all. We believe The Bible, and don't attach any extra rules/conditions. If everyone could go to a church like mine they'd never want to leave.:)

Currently Listening: "If I Were You"/Hoobastank

U2isthebest said:

Me?:wink: Thank you. I'm not jaded about politics, but I am about this administration.:mad: As for religion, I HATE it. It does nothing but create rules/traditions of people. I simply have a relationship with Jesus. I go to a church, but it's a far cry from what most people think of when they think of church. It's not a pious, self-righteous place at all. We believe The Bible, and don't attach any extra rules/conditions. If everyone could go to a church like mine they'd never want to leave.:)

Currently Listening: "If I Were You"/Hoobastank

That's exactly what I hate about my religion.....everyone is self-righteous and moronic about everything....that everything in the bible is like a rulebook of sorts.

I would love to go to your chruch...it sounds right up my alley :drool:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

That's exactly what I hate about my religion.....everyone is self-righteous and moronic about everything....that everything in the bible is like a rulebook of sorts.

I would love to go to your chruch...it sounds right up my alley :drool:

I know, and The Bible is defnitely not meant to be a rule book. Obviously The Ten Commandments, "Love your neighbor...." etc. are not supposed to be optional, but there's so much more that has nothing to do w/ "do's and don'ts" Have you ever read "What's So Amazing About Grace" by Philip Yancey? I heard about it through Bono. It's one of his favorite books, and I read it and it became my fav. book next to The Bible. It's essentially the philosophy my church has...we didn't get it from the book, but we follow and believe the same things. It's awesome!

Currently Listening: "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"/U2

U2isthebest said:

I know, and The Bible is defnitely not meant to be a rule book. Obviously The Ten Commandments, "Love your neighbor...." etc. are not supposed to be optional, but there's so much more that has nothing to do w/ "do's and don'ts" Have you ever read "What's So Amazing About Grace" by Philip Yancey? I heard about it through Bono. It's one of his favorite books, and I read it and it became my fav. book next to The Bible. It's essentially the philosophy my church has...we didn't get it from the book, but we follow and believe the same things. It's awesome!

Currently Listening: "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"/U2

No...but I'm considering about it now that you told me about it :hmm:

About the 10 commandments....I tend to be a little lax (Lazy) about it....but I do follow it basic ideas.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

No...but I'm considering about it now that you told me about it :hmm:

About the 10 commandments....I tend to be a little lax (Lazy) about it....but I do follow it basic ideas.

Hey, no one's perfect. I'm sure I break one of them almost every day. My belief is as long as I repent (which is a word that has been tainted by religion :mad: ) Its nothing but admitting you made a mistake and I need you to forgive me and fix me. And I would definitely suggest reading "WSAAG" when you get a chance. It's, well amazing! LOL.

Currently Listening: "I'll Be There For You"/Bon Jovi

U2isthebest said:

Hey, no one's perfect. I'm sure I break one of them almost every day. My belief is as long as I repent (which is a word that has been tainted by religion :mad: ) Its nothing but admitting you made a mistake and I need you to forgive me and fix me. And I would definitely suggest reading "WSAAG" when you get a chance. It's, well amazing! LOL.

Currently Listening: "I'll Be There For You"/Bon Jovi

I like to repent by saying a prayer to God...cause I don't like the idea of a Confessional...and I'm a bit iffy by priests after all those sexual abuse scandels :no:.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I like to repent by saying a prayer to God...cause I don't like the idea of a Confessional...and I'm a bit iffy by priests after all those sexual abuse scandels :no:.

I'm not Catholic, so I've never done that. My church used to belong to the Assembly of God denomination, but now we're not affiliated with any denomination, we're just a Pentecostal church. The only repentance I've ever done is to God. From what I've read in The Bible, the days of cofessing our sins to a priest and whatnot should be over because of Jesus.

U2isthebest said:

I'm not Catholic, so I've never done that. My church used to belong to the Assembly of God denomination, but now we're not affiliated with any denomination, we're just a Pentecostal church. The only repentance I've ever done is to God. From what I've read in The Bible, the days of cofessing our sins to a priest and whatnot should be over because of Jesus.

I'm Roman Catholic now...but I used to be Protestant. My mom decided to switch to Roman Catholicism about 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom