PLEBAn Girl Party: Is it July yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
then that's a good ideaa!

you'll bring your charger with you...?

OH woah... wait.... what about the difference in USA vs Euro current- amounts?

Will you charger be able to be plugged into your hotel electrical sockets?
I know there are things such as like small hair driers that have a switch for Euro current.

I have an outlet converter thingy anda voltage converter

I am going prepared. I have a list of things I still need to get and a list for when I pack so I don't forget anything.

I am going prepared. I have a list of things I still need to get and a list for when I pack so I don't forget anything.

sounds like you are pretty organized! :applaud:

enjoy your din!

going to some other threads

take care wild :hug:

maybe back in about 25 mins. :wave:

ok, back again....

have a good evening/night/morning/day/afternoon! :heart::wave:

see you tomorrow!

Transferring is going to be waaaaay harder than I thought. Today I told my favorite regulars(they always ask for me) that I was transferring and it hurt. I know it's the right thing to do and I'll probably be happier, but wow. I didn't expect to be sad too. :sigh:

Yes, Ali, I am on vacation!!! For the next 10 weeks! I have a bajillion things to do of course and I'm sure they'll get done, slowly but surely. Managed to unpack most of the house this week (except the extra bedroom for which we have literally NO furniture, not a bed, bookshelf, desk, NADA).

:shh: I'm also writing a play.
Our spare bedroom is full of semi-unpacked boxes, and seems likely to stay that way. There are more still in the garage and the shed!

Oooooh. What's it about? Or is it a secret... :shifty:

Ten weeks off... :drool: Have an awesome time!

:uhoh: When you're not supposed to spend any money it's a bad idea to go shopping with your mother.

:reject: After this I promise I'm not gonna spend anymore. I just needed a couple of things and saw some nice shirts. Ack. I suck at this. I used to be so good at saving. :doh: Now I'm just good at spending my savings!
Permanent employment will do that... :hug:

I used to hate shopping too, and usually I still do... but every so often, this frightening urge to buy clothes comes upon me. :uhoh:

Will you charger be able to be plugged into your hotel electrical sockets?
I know there are things such as like small hair driers that have a switch for Euro current.
I bought a pack of about five different converters, for the most common countries that people visit... I used one type in Mexico in March, and there is a UK and and a European one in there too. And a US one, for when I go back there some time in the future.

I wish I was that organised... I really need to make a list too, and maybe do some practice packs, and begin the t-shirt-paring-down process earlier than I did last time.

Transferring is going to be waaaaay harder than I thought. Today I told my favorite regulars(they always ask for me) that I was transferring and it hurt. I know it's the right thing to do and I'll probably be happier, but wow. I didn't expect to be sad too. :sigh:

I think it's natural enough that you'd miss your regulars... it's a shame you have to move away, but like you said, it's better for you to get out of that bad situation with your co-workers. Is the place you're transferring to very far from the old one?
:hug:

Our spare bedroom is full of semi-unpacked boxes, and seems likely to stay that way. There are more still in the garage and the shed!

Oooooh. What's it about? Or is it a secret... :shifty:

Ten weeks off... :drool: Have an awesome time!

The play is a Shakespeare educational tour thing. It'll incorporate info from his life and Elizabethan times, interspersed with scenes from his plays and will address some of the reasons people get "turned off" or intimidated by Shakespeare's works (difficulty understanding the language). Geared towards 12-15 year olds before they read / perform Shakespeare. I'm really excited and hope to get it on it's feet next spring with my students.

:ohmy:

oh my gawd, she's speaking semi-higher math to me ! :huh: :yikes:
:D

:der:
f = frequency

what the hell is lambda ?

c = ?? centimeters?

3 times(x) 10 ?? to the 8th power?

and what does the - / mean in equations?!? :help:

:lol:

That's physics. F is frequency in Hertz, Lambda is a Greek letter I can't put in with this font, it's for wavelength in cm. c is the speed of light, which is 3x10^8th meters per second. That's 3 times (10 to the 8th power) yes. So a 3 with 8 zeros. 10^-something is that it's that many zeroes behind the comma.
The / is a divide by. :wink:

The play is a Shakespeare educational tour thing. It'll incorporate info from his life and Elizabethan times, interspersed with scenes from his plays and will address some of the reasons people get "turned off" or intimidated by Shakespeare's works (difficulty understanding the language). Geared towards 12-15 year olds before they read / perform Shakespeare. I'm really excited and hope to get it on it's feet next spring with my students.

Gotta love olde Willie :wink:

I think 4 out of the 5 years i was at senior school we did A Midsummer's Night Dream:love::heart:

Back
Top Bottom