Pleban Girl Party: Getting Ready for Hallowen with a U2 Marathon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

I don't think he's real. I think Larry has a make-believe Bodyguard, like kids have invisible friends. :shrug: I can find absolutely no pictoral evidence of this mans existence.

And I thought Guyer was Jerry's last name?

Ah-ha! More evidence he's made up! :wink:

It's a clever device so that people will leave Larry alone. However, should the need arise, he probably figures he can wither people who happen to violate his personal space with a mere glance. Makes sense. I can see that. :hmm: :wink:

Just did a search to look for pics, and it's Guyer. No pics though. :( Ruff apparently posted one from Seattle, and if it's the one I'm thinking, I may have saved it, but I have NO idea where it would be amongst my mess of pics. :(

Miroslava said:

He lifted me up from the barrier (I got myself up that high) and dumped me on the stage... those of you that have seen me know I am not teeny by any stretch of the imagination, so I am not sure tangling with him is a good idea :wink:

It's not me, I swear. :angel: It's SG. I'm trying to talk her out of an attempt to lick Larry in Detroit. :lmao:

I'll be carrying bail money though, cause she has absolutely no self control. :shh: :wink:

Miroslava said:

He lifted me up from the barrier (I got myself up that high) and dumped me on the stage... those of you that have seen me know I am not teeny by any stretch of the imagination, so I am not sure tangling with him is a good idea :wink:

:lol: Darn, there goes our favorite running joke :wink:

:sigh: I guess I should start focusing on charming the guys and being nice and polite rather than overpowering their hired muscle :lol:

VintagePunk said:

It's not me, I swear. :angel: It's SG. I'm trying to talk her out of an attempt to lick Larry in Detroit. :lmao:

And while SG licks Larry, you'll lick Bono.
And jobob will be either at her office working on Monday :madspit:
or waiting in the GA line on Tuesday :hyper:

I'll be carrying bail money though, cause she has absolutely no self control. :shh: :wink:

I'm not bailing your ass outta jail.

:lol:

VintagePunk said:
I looked at the Have thread and saw the word Detroit in the newest message title...got all excited, then looked again and saw that it was for seats. :madspit:

I'm still looking for a seat for Detroit I ...

but I need to go to bed and get some sleep. Night, all. See you later this weekend. :wave:

I just got an e-mail from Make Poverty History, and I was looking around their website. I wish they could tell the public of practical, concrete things they could do for the cause, other than just writing letters to politicians. Like maybe advice on setting up local chapters, or something.

I didn't realize how late it is, I'd better get to bed as well!

Night :hug: :heart:

VintagePunk said:
I just got an e-mail from Make Poverty History, and I was looking around their website. I wish they could tell the public of practical, concrete things they could do for the cause, other than just writing letters to politicians. Like maybe advice on setting up local chapters, or something.

Yeah, it would be a good idea to give several suggestions. Just 'write to your politicians' is frustrating

** :hug: Night VP - I'm going to go for the night as well

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

I don't think he's real. I think Larry has a make-believe Bodyguard, like kids have invisible friends. :shrug: I can find absolutely no pictoral evidence of this mans existence.

And I thought Guyer was Jerry's last name?

Ah-ha! More evidence he's made up! :wink:

david guyer has lifted me up 3 of the four times i've been onstage, and oh, he's the tough bad-ass harley type, at times he's kinda scary, at times he's a teddy bear...:flirt:

jerry meltzer is adam's man...:drool: :drool: :drool:

so you're not confusing your bodyguards names!!!:wink:

GG!!!!! *clings to her*

How are you, I've missed you!! :sad:

When will you be home for good??

Unfortunately, I have to go now to take my mom to the doctor. Nice to see you, even for a minute...bbl. :hug:

Last edited:
VP, I'll come on when I get home tonight :D

I'm sooo excited!! :hyper: :hyper:

but kinda pissed because it's POURING so I can't go early even if I wanted to :sad: But oh well, it's TONIGHT!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

and I'm hoping that they have better seats at the box office when we get there, I'm sure they won't but I guess it can't hurt to try!!

hi SG and Diane! :hug:

Diane, what time are you going?

I think I'm going to get there around 6 and eat and then go to the show :hmm:

I feel so bad for Ruff in this weather!! :sad: :heart:

SG!! Sami!! :hug: :hug:

Sami, I'm not sure. I'm at my freelance office in Manhattan right now. I think I'll leave here about 4 and walk over to the gallery where Anton Corbijn's photos are being displayed...I really want to see them. After that, I'll head up to the Garden.

Girls, I'm torn. I know I've been telling Dazz and others that I'm done with waiting on sidewalks to try to meet Bono. But I'm sitting here and...I'm wondering...I just don't feel like getting all drenched again and probably not meeting him again. I've tried three times and it hasn't happened, so I really should wait until November and (hopefully) better weather.

But, still...:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom