Pleban Girl/Guy Party....A U2 Celebration (for 4th of July and CD)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I knoooow!!! I was screaming at the tv!!

I've been watching SNL for more years than I care to admit to :giggle: and I've never seen an audience or the cast react like that. And I did the same thing, kicked myself for not taping it, but I caught the rerun.

Actually, I have an old tape around here of some of their '92/'93 tv appearances...but I'd have to hunt it down. Damn my poor tape-labelling habits. :wink:

:lol:

Well I haven't watched SNL as long as you but I noticed that as well even with their performance of Elevation, almost everyone in the crowd was standing.

How could you lose it?!?!? :shocked: What did they perform on that show?

G'night VP :hug: Sweet dreams

Russty - Detroit Metro I imagine would be closest and cheapest. I have to drive through Gand Rapids on my way, and they have an airport as well, but I'm sure that would be more expensive, as it's a smaller airport.

Cindy - I've already paid for the ticket, now I just need someone to keep me company. It's in the second bowl, but near the stage on Edge's side, should be a pretty decent view

:evil: Sad_Girl throws out the offer of a1 free ticket to 2 plebans just to watch them fight over it :evil:

Last edited:
CeeCee said:

Good for you! I'm not doing much this weekend. It's a holiday seekend so I'll probably sit around. Catch up on some much wanted reading. I've got 2 books from hte library to finish, plus I've got one I bought, another I've had and been meaning to read.... *sighs* Too many books, so little time. :)

I haven't read for enjoyment for the longest time. This year has just been so busy with all the exams and stuff. I'm planning to go the library tomorrow. I'm also planning to pop by bookstore to see if the July issue of the MOJO mag has come yet. :drool:

I have stacks and stacks of books - I go on reading binges and read like five or six within a weeks time, then I let them sit and pile up while I do other things for weeks or months :reject:

Mucca said:

Well I haven't watched SNL as long as you but I noticed that as well even with their performance of Elevation, almost everyone in the crowd was standing.

How could you lose it?!?!? :shocked: What did they perform on that show?

I haven't lost it, it's just mixed in with about 30 other unlabelled tapes. :lol:

It was just a bunch of random tv appearances, and I think there was a televised Zoo Tv special on it...some MM stuff/interviews, etc.

The only thing I can remember clearly that's on it (andd you all know me so you won't be surprised that this is what stands out to me :wink: ) is in this one performace, B was singing Even Better Than... and in the part when he sings "my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between..." he gestures first toward his heart...and then when he sang the latter part...let's just say he didn't point to the head on his shoulders. :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust:

Yes, that's my memory of the performance 13 years later. :lol:

Mucca said:

Sounds like you have been clued to the computer for the last couple days. You guys are nuts, going to one concert then driving for 5 hours! But then again I probably would if it was U2 and I didn't live with my parents :wink:

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Thanks! :hug: We are insane! This group has been amazing the last few years. We have all traveled to far places all in the name of live music. Its been an amazing journey. I've been in a tour bus with a drunken gorgeous Irish man in Salt Lake City, Utah, gotten patted down by more security people at airports then I can count, got to stand literally 10 feet from Neil Finn and listen to him sing with just an acquoustic guitar, eaten way to much crappy airport food while half asleep in strange airports, been kissed and hugged in a dark alley way in Hollywood by an Australian singer at 3am, and stayed in probably the only hotel in Hollywood that smells of curry!

I wouldn't change the past few years of my life for anything. I've lost so many important people to me, but God has always brought me amazing people to make up for it. 2 weeks after my son passed away, it was my birthday. My girlfriend showed up to take me to lunch and instead got on the freeway and informed me that we were driving the ten hours to LA for a girls weekend and to meet some an Aussie band that I loved. If that was okay, of course. :giggle: It was one of the worst times of my life and one of the best. I have an amazing picture of us standing along I-5 together in the middle of nowhere. I knew in that moment I would love her for the rest of my days. When my baby died I had known her all of 3 weeks. She swooped in and was my angel and still is.

Sad_Girl said:
G'night VP :hug: Sweet dreams

Russty - Detroit Metro I imagine would be closest and cheapest. I have to drive through Gand Rapids on my way, and they have an airport as well, but I'm sure that would be more expensive, as it's a smaller airport.

Cindy - I've already paid for the ticket, now I just need someone to keep me company. It's in the second bowl, but near the stage on Edge's side, should be a pretty decent view

:evil: Sad_Girl throws out the offer of a1 free ticket to 2 plebans just to watch them fight over it :evil:

:lol: You evil Minx! Well it looks like it would cost around $400 for me to fly there. That is if I drive the 2 1/2 hours to the Sacramento airport. I don't even want to know what it would cost to fly from Redding. :giggle:

We are seriously looking into refiancing the house. Hmmm I'm wondering if I could get cash out of that. That or hit my parents up for early birthday cash. Guilt my mother into it! :lmao: Man I wish you were closer so I could drive there! lol

Russty Cat said:

:lol: You evil Minx! Well it looks like it would cost around $400 for me to fly there. That is if I drive the 2 1/2 hours to the Sacramento airport. I don't even want to know what it would cost to fly from Redding. :giggle:

We are seriously looking into refiancing the house. Hmmm I'm wondering if I could get cash out of that. That or hit my parents up for early birthday cash. Guilt my mother into it! :lmao: Man I wish you were closer so I could drive there! lol

Whereabouts are you coming from, Cindy? :D

Russty Cat said:

Thanks! :hug: We are insane! This group has been amazing the last few years. We have all traveled to far places all in the name of live music. Its been an amazing journey. I've been in a tour bus with a drunken gorgeous Irish man in Salt Lake City, Utah, gotten patted down by more security people at airports then I can count, got to stand literally 10 feet from Neil Finn and listen to him sing with just an acquoustic guitar, eaten way to much crappy airport food while half asleep in strange airports, been kissed and hugged in a dark alley way in Hollywood by an Australian singer at 3am, and stayed in probably the only hotel in Hollywood that smells of curry!

I wouldn't change the past few years of my life for anything. I've lost so many important people to me, but God has always brought me amazing people to make up for it. 2 weeks after my son passed away, it was my birthday. My girlfriend showed up to take me to lunch and instead got on the freeway and informed me that we were driving the ten hours to LA for a girls weekend and to meet some an Aussie band that I loved. If that was okay, of course. :giggle: It was one of the worst times of my life and one of the best. I have an amazing picture of us standing along I-5 together in the middle of nowhere. I knew in that moment I would love her for the rest of my days. When my baby died I had known her all of 3 weeks. She swooped in and was my angel and still is.

Wow, you've had quite some interesting adventures! I'd love to do something like that someday except the living in a hotel that smells like curry :lol: But then I've always wondered if I would be able to just let lose and go cause I've always been pretty cautious about everything.

It was really sweet of your girlfriend to do that for you.

Russty Cat said:

SG is evil. I just checked and if I came in early to do stupid Edge liek stuff and go to the Zoo and the musems, it'd cost be between 431 to 658 dollars to take the two hour plane flight and stay in a hotel for a coupel days, go to the show, then fly back.

Unfortuntly I don't fight well. *sighs* So if you've never been, Rus, and you can make the trip I'll defer to you. (I need to get some balls, don't I? I wonder if I can borrow Adam. Mmm... or if Morliegh would mind if I borrowed Edge.)

Russty Cat said:
The cheapest rate orbitz has is $414. Why do flights have to be so damn expensive! :mad:

:madspit: I know, it's ridiculous. I looked into flying over to Toronto and the cost was outrageous! Plus it was like 15 hours to get there, when I can drive it in seven or eight. What's the point of that?

Sad_Girl said:

:madspit: I know, it's ridiculous. I looked into flying over to Toronto and the cost was outrageous! Plus it was like 15 hours to get there, when I can drive it in seven or eight. What's the point of that?

Do you have to switch flgihts in between or something?

CeeCee said:

SG is evil. I just checked and if I came in early to do stupid Edge liek stuff and go to the Zoo and the musems, it'd cost be between 431 to 658 dollars to take the two hour plane flight and stay in a hotel for a coupel days, go to the show, then fly back.

Unfortuntly I don't fight well. *sighs* So if you've never been, Rus, and you can make the trip I'll defer to you. (I need to get some balls, don't I? I wonder if I can borrow Adam. Mmm... or if Morliegh would mind if I borrowed Edge.)

Oh man, the Henry Ford Museum is incredible! Everyone with a curious/intellectual side really must see it at least once in their lifetime :yes: It takes more than one day to see it, really, though. It's a trip in and of itself

Mucca said:

Wow, you've had quite some interesting adventures! I'd love to do something like that someday except the living in a hotel that smells like curry :lol: But then I've always wondered if I would be able to just let lose and go cause I've always been pretty cautious about everything.

It was really sweet of your girlfriend to do that for you.

It has been a ton of fun. I was really lucky that Mr. Cat ws really encouraging about going to everything. The curry hotel was a kick in the pants! I don't think we will ever top that. My friend booked the hotel on line. It said downtown Hollywood, little did we know it was in the heart of "Little Armania". We were the only two tale very pale white women in the neighborhood. And not many people spoke english. We still joke about it. We always do cheap hotels, since we aren't really in them much. Just to shower, change, and sleep.

The best hotel yet has to be the one I stayed in alone in downtown Seattle. It was a cheap hotel, but a nicer one. Biggest bathtub in the world and I had a king size bed. It was so nice to get to sleep all by myself in a totally huge comfy bed. :giggle:

Russty Cat said:

It has been a ton of fun. I was really lucky that Mr. Cat ws really encouraging about going to everything. The curry hotel was a kick in the pants! I don't think we will ever top that. My friend booked the hotel on line. It said downtown Hollywood, little did we know it was in the heart of "Little Armania". We were the only two tale very pale white women in the neighborhood. And not many people spoke english. We still joke about it. We always do cheap hotels, since we aren't really in them much. Just to shower, change, and sleep.

The best hotel yet has to be the one I stayed in alone in downtown Seattle. It was a cheap hotel, but a nicer one. Biggest bathtub in the world and I had a king size bed. It was so nice to get to sleep all by myself in a totally huge comfy bed. :giggle:

I've not done the hotel thing much; and usually they've been economy rooms, like you say, you're just going to shower and sleep there. But for my Senior Trip to Toronto, we stayed at the Sheraton Center. That was a really nice hotel :yes: really quite beautiful, and there were all sorts of shops and restaraunts downstairs. It was almost overwhelming for a country hick on her first time in a city!

Russty Cat said:

:laugh:
You should tell Susan about the hotel since she's such a currya addict.

I wouldn't want to be alone if I knew that there was a king size bed. Just think of all the fun two people could have on that :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Oh man, the Henry Ford Museum is incredible! Everyone with a curious/intellectual side really must see it at least once in their lifetime :yes: It takes more than one day to see it, really, though. It's a trip in and of itself

I am such a museum addict. It's horrible. But 431 for a round trip ticket plus 5 nights in a hotel isn't too bad, really. I jsut need to find a way to get it. :evil: Go to my boyfriend. "If you want me to consider telling Adam no when he begs me to tour the world with him, maybe you should gimmie hte money to go..." :lmao:

CeeCee said:

Flying does suck, but its all about good drugs baby! Gots to have good drugs. I drug my arse up before I fly! :lol: Otherwise I would not be a happy camper. They have non-drowsy dramamine now that rocks! I take meclazine which is just generic dramamine. I take it all the time for my vertigo so I already have tons of it. But if you want to knock yourself out, regular dramamine does the trick. I have many years of experience. :lol: I get horribly motion sick so I've always had to take something.

Man if I wasn't already having to shell out money to fly to Seattle for the Canada shows I would say yes in a heartbeat. The other hard part is that I have to find someone to take care of my kids. I'm still not sure whats going to happen when I go to Canada. :huh: I need to get on the ball and get some details covered already. argh!

Mucca said:

:laugh:
You should tell Susan about the hotel since she's such a currya addict.

I wouldn't want to be alone if I knew that there was a king size bed. Just think of all the fun two people could have on that :wink:

or three :wink:

Russty Cat said:

Man if I wasn't already having to shell out money to fly to Seattle for the Canada shows I would say yes in a heartbeat. The other hard part is that I have to find someone to take care of my kids. I'm still not sure whats going to happen when I go to Canada. :huh: I need to get on the ball and get some details covered already. argh!

How nice of you to put your kids first. :giggle:

zooperson said:

mucca could you wish me sweet b dreams when i go to bed too? i don't have enough of them. :D

hi everyone! :wave:

Hi zooperson! :wave:

I could wish you naughty bonogasmic dreams as well if you like :wink:

bonobed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom