Pleban Big girls are best party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug:

Your poor mum:hug:

My mum hasn't been right for nearly a year and has had all the tests for everything yet they can't find what's wrong. It is worrying when someone you love isn't well, and that includes you girls :hug:

Maybe Edge can invent a weight loss machine so i can get the treatment i need so that can give NI that little something to make us complete :hug:

I've sort of been struggling to come to terms with things, lately. You know how you can see someone aging before your eyes? Then there comes a time of rapid deterioration. That's how she's been in the past year. :sigh: And she's older...she was older when she had me. It's kind of facing the inevitable. :sigh:

Sorry to hear that your mom hasn't been well. :(

remember that paper I talked about a while back that I have to write on the American dream? I was going to do something along the lines of 'the american dream is: parents want their children to have a better life than they did' or something like that but my teacher said it's way too broad for a 5-7 page paper. She said what would make the children have a better life (like better education, making more money, etc.) but a thesis like 'parents want their children to make more money than they did' doesn't make sense!! :lol: It's stupid. And then she said I probably could just generally do my first idea, but I can't find research! (we need to do all the parenthetical documentation and stuff) and the whole thing is practically based on research...but what the hell do I research for that? This is a HUGE project, we're working on it until March and she said why would I do that to myself if I can't find good research. Examples of what most people are doing are like 'the american dream is that everyone should have equal access to healthcare' or 'equal access to a college education' stuff like that but I don't like that and...I don't know. :huh:

SO, I either have to
a) narrow that down somehow
b) find good research about the general topic
c) come up with a whole new topic by tomorrow

we are starting to narrow down the topic tomorrow and we need a preliminary thesis statement by Thursday :|

sorry about that :yikes: I had to get it out :sigh: And my mom, not trying to be mean, has no clue about any of this stuff and she is NO HELP at all. I'll try to work with my dad later because he's an amazing writer but he's impossible to sit with and the second I don't like one of his ideas he gets mad and we get into a fight and he refuses to help me :|

VintagePunk said:
Not crazy at all, it's nice to run into friends online! :)

Unfortunately, I have to go again in a few minutes. More errands. :crack: :yawn:

Don't feel so bad...my mom needs to use the computer in a few minutes anyways.

(To tell you the truth....I was also a little pissy about it too....cause I'm so used to at least two of you guys talking about something....where it was related to U2 or not! :reject: At least at the times I was awake yesterday :sigh: )

Back
Top Bottom