PLEBA Picture Storage Solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
Hey PLEBA people -

Whated to just post this from a thread in the Interference Suggestion Box - and let you guys discuss it:

Originally posted by Elvis:
Uhm, we could do this if we had another server setup - I dont want it impacting my current servers - that would allow folks here to store pics (and only pics) on it and would ONLY allow them to be posted on this forum. This is a time consuming project to setup, and would prolly cost a small amount of money each month --

That said... I'd be happy to build it when I have the time, but I am not willing to pay for it myself. With this one, if it's something PLEBA wants, it's something 'plebians' will need to support. Ideas? comments?

I think it's a great idea!

Hey Jeff! It's me, Tiff! Sula told me I may find you here occasionally. What exactly is this? Can you explain a little better-I'd probably be glad to help out, but I don't quite know what it is!!!
confused.gif

Ali

Originally posted by Ali Rose:
Hey Jeff! It's me, Tiff! Sula told me I may find you here occasionally. What exactly is this? Can you explain a little better-I'd probably be glad to help out, but I don't quite know what it is!!!
confused.gif

Ali

Hey Tiff....you won't find me in this neighborhood often (PLEBA) - but I thought I would post this to help all the gal pals in PLEBA!

PLEBIANS have had recent trouble with picture hosting services, and were looking for an answer/solution from Interference, and Elvis was nice enough to offer this!

well this is nice but on the other hand anyone can buy some webspace themselves & a domain name for a small price also and then be able to post their pics anywhere.

and even use that to create a webpage if they wanted.

------------------
You see your love made complete

www.u2takemehigher.com

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 01-17-2002).]

I think the reason for the slow replies is that a lot of the picture archivers have left recently.
-Icelady
-Kitten
-Echo
So that might explain a little bit.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

My webshots is still okay, but I've also signed up for DotPhoto. I also have some webspace through the college I attend that I can post pics from.

Besides, I usually just go to http://www.U2mansion.com or olive's site if I want pictures to post.
smile.gif

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

this still might be a really good idea. maybe if we knew what kind of $$$ he was talking about, there would be some kind of reaction.

is it more than the cost of a breadbox?

Originally posted by mbi16:
I think the reason for the slow replies is that a lot of the picture archivers have left recently.
-Icelady
-Kitten
-Echo
So that might explain a little bit.

off topic, but
U2kitten is GONE!?!? when did that happen?!?

nevermind...i did some reasearch and figured it out!
------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 01-18-2002).]

It would take less space if we only stored one copy of each pic. Most of our collections are just duplicates of the same ones, and we don't need to fill it up with the same pic. We could register each pic, and if it's already there, no need to put it up again. Then everyone could have a source to go to in search of a pic, and we could all use them. It could be one big happy collection, and that would reduce the amount of space needed!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Back
Top Bottom