PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Madonna and U2 about to pull a Beyonce? - Pop Music Gadfly

Both Madonna and U2 have albums planned for late this year and we hear that Universal is considering releasing them as a “surprise,” just as Beyonce did in 2013. Our source from Universal says it’s a lot more likely to happen with U2 than it is with Madonna.

U2 haven’t released an album since No Line on the Horizon and the reception wasn’t too great. However, given the success of U2′s most recent tour, none of that mattered. But our source says they still want to market U2 in different ways as well. U2 doesn’t face the same automatic backlash that Madonna does, but there are still people who want them to fail.

“There is overwhelming support in the industry for U2′s new album,” our source says. “If the cards are played right, U2 will have their most successful album in years. The promotion for this album will be a little different,” he continues. We can comfortably tell you that despite recent reports, U2 fans will definitely get an album this year.

Such inconsistencies in all of the stories. Some say they've heard the songs an they are great! (Steve Lillywhite, Daniel Lanois)

Other reports say they are not done. They are having trouble with lyrics. Some seem to state that they are even considering writing or re-arranging work that that has been worked on over the past 3 years.

Doesn't seem that there is a believable source, as the oft-quoted "sources close to the band" have been contradicting and another.

BBC News - U2 Joshua Tree album added to US archive

U2's 1987 disc The Joshua Tree is among 25 new additions to the US Library of Congress's National Recording Registry.

Established in 2000, the registry contains recordings deemed important enough to be preserved for posterity.

Each year, 25 recordings that are at least 10 years old are added to the registry, which now includes 400 deemed to be "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant".

BBC News - U2 Joshua Tree album added to US archive

U2's 1987 disc The Joshua Tree is among 25 new additions to the US Library of Congress's National Recording Registry.

Established in 2000, the registry contains recordings deemed important enough to be preserved for posterity.

Each year, 25 recordings that are at least 10 years old are added to the registry, which now includes 400 deemed to be "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant".

Cool. :up:

I was surprised too, I thought I'd be maybe Edge. I kind of can't believe Bono would have been one to sit in the back of the class in school. :hmm: Then again, maybe he would, better to pass notes and stuff and not get caught. :shifty:

where is this info coming from?

From what I heard, Blue Angel is due in July, making Edge and Aislynn grandparents! (And Morleigh one as well since stepgrandparents are important as well!!). :up:

And I've heard it on various forums so it's either a REALLY good rumor or it's official! And I think it's great if it is! Personally I can't wait to hear Bono calling Edge "Gramps" every night of the tour. :giggle:

From what I heard, Blue Angel is due in July, making Edge and Aislynn grandparents! (And Morleigh one as well since stepgrandparents are important as well!!). :up:

And I've heard it on various forums so it's either a REALLY good rumor or it's official! And I think it's great if it is! Personally I can't wait to hear Bono calling Edge "Gramps" every night of the tour. :giggle:

what forums? I've checked the few others that I know of and don't see anything. The only thing I've found is a broken link on twitter by someone claiming that Hollie is the one that's pregnant.

That current Achtoon Baby is actually the least funny one I've seen in quite some time. Usually I think they're pretty brilliant and hilarious, but this time it's just .... meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom