PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9 - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #841
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Local Time: 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
what forums? I've checked the few others that I know of and don't see anything. The only thing I've found is a broken link on twitter by someone claiming that Hollie is the one that's pregnant.
I've seen it on tumblr, twitter, and here, as well as at least one other place, a Brazilian site, I think.

And Hollie posted a pic where Blue is visibly pregnant. Further down her feed there is a pic of a bday cake and one of her comments is that she's celebrating early since Blue's going to "pop" right around her actual birthday. So it's Blue having the first U2 grandbaby, not Hollie. Hollie Evans @holliebe Instagram photos | Webstagram

Old 04-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #842
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
I've seen it on tumblr, twitter, and here, as well as at least one other place, a Brazilian site, I think.

And Hollie posted a pic where Blue is visibly pregnant. Further down her feed there is a pic of a bday cake and one of her comments is that she's celebrating early since Blue's going to "pop" right around her actual birthday. So it's Blue having the first U2 grandbaby, not Hollie. Hollie Evans @holliebe Instagram photos | Webstagram
thanks for the info…

I don't like tumblr so I don't have an account there anymore but I still don't see anything on twitter other than the post I mentioned. But obviously the instagram link is proof enough.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:09 AM   #843
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:28 PM
bit stalkery searching out all this personal info on band kids no?
Old 04-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #844
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
That current Achtoon Baby is actually the least funny one I've seen in quite some time. Usually I think they're pretty brilliant and hilarious, but this time it's just .... meh.
Yeah, agreed, so not amused!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:41 AM   #845
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domo-kun View Post
Awesome!!!!

Prince looks ridiculously alike
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-10-2014, 04:58 AM   #846
ONE
love, blood, life

Glad -almost- everyone enjoyed that. I did.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #847
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Local Time: 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
obviously the instagram link is proof enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
bit stalkery searching out all this personal info on band kids no?
I didn't seek it out. I'm just passing it along. Congrats to Blue and her bump! I wish nothing but a safe pregnancy and birth for her and the entire Evans clan!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #848
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:28 AM
If the people involved are the ones posting it on a public site (Instagram, Twitter, whatever), and the public sees it, that is hardly anything remotely stalkerish.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #849
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
If the people involved are the ones posting it on a public site (Instagram, Twitter, whatever), and the public sees it, that is hardly anything remotely stalkerish.
i just find it weird that people would "follow" a band family member on those sites like that... creeps me out!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #850
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey, good for you. If the owners of the account didn't want people following them, they'd block them or set up privacy settings or whatever.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #851
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
I didn't seek it out. I'm just passing it along. Congrats to Blue and her bump! I wish nothing but a safe pregnancy and birth for her and the entire Evans clan!
oh I didn't mean anything by my post other than thanks for sharing the info! I was just commenting that I didn't see anything on the other boards I go to. I guess if this was one of Bono's girls maybe it would be front page news by now. It's not surprising that Edge will be the first grandpa of the group since he was the first dad, and his first kid is now going to be 30.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #852
War Child

https://twitter.com/BBCRadioWales/st...12281017098240

‏@BBCRadioWales

#U2 pay tribute to Mike Peters at @thealarm @BBCNOW recording for #rwmd14. Hear it 25/4 @ 9pm

http://bbc.co/radiowales

-

The concert will be broadcast at 9pm on BBC Radio Wales Music Day, April 25th. The day is an annual showcase of what BBC Radio Wales does throughout the year to support Welsh music and will feature live performances from a number of artists throughout the day.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #853
Refugee

Old 04-12-2014, 05:43 AM   #854
ONE
love, blood, life

Can anyone identify that guitar? I think its a new one.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #855
War Child

Not strictly U2 related, but it may interest some U2 fans:

TOMORROW - 13 April
13,00 - UK time

6 Music celebrates Ireland with Dave Fanning

In the first of 4 programs Dave takes us through his definitive Irish albums and explores why each album is important. It features albums from U2, Them, Stiff Little Fingers, Rory Gallagher, Phil Lynott, My Bloody Valentine, The Undertones and Villagers.

He starts by setting the scene in the 60s when the Irish rock scene began to emerge off the back of show bands, professional acts that performed the chart hits of the day in dancehalls and clubs. He describes how the scene developed with key players such as Van Morrison, Rory Gallagher and Phil Lynott. From these he goes on to talk about key albums that followed.

BBC Radio 6 Music - 6 Music Celebrates Ireland with Dave Fanning, Classic Albums
Old 04-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #856
War Child

Again about the Firehouse 'gatherings'...

Definitely Maybe rock 'n' roll friends: Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher and U2's Bono head for the same London nightspot | Mail Online

Quote:
It seems to be a popular venue for the A-list in London currently – and celebrity rockers Noel Gallagher, 46, and Bono, 53, are the latest in a string of stars to spend the night at The Firehouse.

The pair were spotted arriving, albeit separately, at the exclusive nightspot on Friday evening – with Bono bringing his wife Ali Hewson.

Later that evening With Or Without You singer Bono rocked up looking rather more dapper than Noel, in a tuxedo suit jacket and blue tinted glasses.

Holding his hand on his lapel, presumably to keep the jacket together, the star walked along with his fellow U2 bandmates Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr.

His wife, 53-year-old Ali, wore a similar looking jacket to her husband and matched it with a little black dress, black tights and over-the-knee black boots.
More pics of Bono, Larry and Adam there.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #857
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo Lemon View Post

‏@BBCRadioWales

#U2 pay tribute to Mike Peters at @thealarm @BBCNOW recording for #rwmd14. Hear it 25/4 @ 9pm

http://bbc.co/radiowales

-

The concert will be broadcast at 9pm on BBC Radio Wales Music Day, April 25th. The day is an annual showcase of what BBC Radio Wales does throughout the year to support Welsh music and will feature live performances from a number of artists throughout the day.

So why are U2 paying tribute to Mike Peters? I posted this info on Finnish U2 fan page I help manage on FB and we're all wondering, why!?! What is this Peters person to them?
Old 04-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #858
Blue Crack Distributor

Someone whose music they like. Isn't that enough?
Old 04-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #859
War Child

They admire him and The Alarm (which was the band he was frontman of), and this event marked the 30th since an album of theirs, 'Declaration'. Or more simply, U2 and him are just friends.

However, this link reports an amateur video of what happened on this event - and U2 intervention was nothing major - more a heartfelt video message to Peters (and a little hint to a The Alarm song) than a musical tribute - while I initially thought they recorded a proper cover, like for 'This Is'.

Watch: U2 pay surprise tribute to The Alarm’s Mike Peters at concert last night - Wales Online
Old 04-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #860
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:28 AM
Pretty sure they toured together in the early days too. Or at least The Alarm opened for U2 at some shows, if not a whole tour, in the early 80's.

Tags
adam, bono, edge, larry, news, u2