PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono takes the glasses off on World AIDS Day (and David Lauren puts them on.)

Instagram

I actually posted this same pic last night on the 2013 Misc New U2 Pics (Holiday Edition) thread (where it should be) with uploaded photobucket photo and everything!?! :shrug: But whatever.....I personally like seeing shadeless Bono too! Some people have got to get used to the fact that Bono is a 53 year old man and that in some photos, he's gonna look his age!! :rolleyes:

1452399_603021823090357_89931698_n.jpg

#Bono and #TheEdge performing at private party in memory of #LouReed (via @PaolaGenone)

I actually posted this same pic last night on the 2013 Misc New U2 Pics (Holiday Edition) thread (where it should be) with uploaded photobucket photo and everything!?! :shrug: But whatever.....I personally like seeing shadeless Bono too! Some people have got to get used to the fact that Bono is a 53 year old man and that in some photos, he's gonna look his age!! :rolleyes:

I have no problem with his age. Not at all. He only gets better as far as I'm concerned. But that was a particularly unflattering shot of him. :|

Beautiful interview with Mary J. Blige

Soul queen Mary J Blige: "Irish people have this magic." / Sunday World

THEY may have been raised on opposite sides of the planet – her in the disadvantaged projects of New York’s Yonkers, him in Dublin’s Finglas – but for Mary J Blige, Bono is her brother from another mother.

The queen of hip-hop soul collaborated with the U2 front man on a revisit of his Nineties hit One for her career-defining 2005 album, The Breakthrough, laying the foundations for what Blige tenderly describes as “one of her most important relationships”.
She tells SWM this week: “I got to know him when we sang together for the first time, and now I feel like he is one of the closest people in my life.
“I actually consider Bono my brother – we’re that tight. I speak to him all the time, about everything, about any problems I’m having. He’s such a beautiful person and I love spending time with him and his family.”

Het verhaal achter de foto deel 2: Bono | Froot.nl

936201_616525508358885_1003755110_n.png

A small Story behind the Photo article.
A quick translation:

William Rutten a Dutch photographer was in the photopit at a ZOOTV concert.
He doesn't state which one, but I'm guessing it was the Rotterdam indoor show.
Here's the picture BEFORE Bono actually grabbed him by the shoulders, and kissed his lens. Wet tongue included. :lol: He tried to clean his lens up but apparently it was ruined. He's stating that he probably was the only one in that building that didn't like recieving a kiss from Bono.

I knew it wouldn't be long before we heard from B on this sad news. Nelson Mandela was a true hero and he will be missed, but he lived a full life, a life of struggle at times, yes, but a full life indeed. My heart goes out to his family, his friends, and all who knew him. :heart:

Yes, and it says
some of the globally-renowned pop stars attending may also perform, although the programme remains a closely-guarded secret.

Will there be a live feed anywhere?

Pretty sure it will be broadcasted here too. since we are in the same timezone region too.
And this is going to be massive. Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom