PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wrote about this book yesterday in the U2 book section. I didn't know it existed. Looks like it will be available in Germany in September and worldwide in November. However, I think I'll go for the original release, since I don't want a German translation.

Happy birthday to a great artist and a very beautiful person :love:
Thank you, Edge, to be an important part in my life :heart:

l.jpg

I thought he already had a common law marriage (after being together for 30 years or so!), but maybe they want to have an actual ceremony now. Yay for U2 weddings!

But if they've been together for about 30 years, why would they decide to marry now?
Anyway, if this happens to be true, good for them!! :cute:

I would guess they didn't get married before because divorce was only made legal in Ireland in '97 (though I'm not sure if that applied to every religion), so I would say they didn't want to get into a situation where they were separated but couldn't be divorced (like our poor Edge). I'd think that anyway, as for the last fifteen years... it's their private lives so who knows, and I would never ask.
But if this news is true, then great for them! I'm assuming this is Larry and the girl he's been with since they were teenagers. God bless them. I hope they have a beautiful day and that it isn't ruined by nosy media people or fans.

Maybe Larry and Ann are finally tying the knot for the sake of their children. Also it might be, according to Irish law, that only the children of a legitamite state/church recognised marriage are allowed to inherite their parents fortune, without having to go through some messy court case! :shrug: Who knows, but whatever the reason(s), congrats to the happy couple!! :cheer::cocktail:

Maybe Larry (IF this rumor is even true) is getting married on the day of Bono's and Ali's 30th wedding anniversary. That would be quite a symbolic act! I wonder if the Hewsons will be out celebrating that special day, but knowing Bono I don't think he'll miss a good party :lol:

So is this the only source we have saying that Larry is getting married? If we don't hear any more info about it besides that one tweet, I'm going to seriously doubt it. Although, since Larry is such a private person, we may never hear any more about it. Ever.

Ohhhh! I wonder if Bono & Ali are doing a vow renewal to celebrate 30 years and gossip got mixed up? Thirty years calls for a big party. You gotta give people credit for marrying in countries where you can't divorce, that is a big leap. Just the thought makes me shaky!

sera sûrement là = 'will surely be there' and ce = 'this' (weekend), not 'the' weekend; also the date on the tweet is Aug. 9, FWIW.

Last edited:
It would actually make a lot more sense if this is Bono and Ali, not Larry and Ann. Wonder if this will turn out to be true either way or if someone thought it would be amusing to mention it for no real reason.

Looks like Bono appeared as a suprise guest on stage at a very secret Herbert Grönemeyer Concert.
Apparently it was recorded at the Metropolis Halle in Berlin Babelsberg for Grönemeyers new English language Album "I Walk" which release is expected for October.

According to twitter Bono and Grönemeyer did a duet of the song "Mensch".

Photo: Photo by ahars • Instagram

Ticket: Wall Photos | Facebook

:lol: Bono looks like he's a little worried right before he sings, like "Why did I agree to sing in German?!" :uhoh: He seems to pull it off pretty well, though, as far as I can tell.

:lol: Bono looks like he's a little worried right before he sings, like "Why did I agree to sing in German?!" :uhoh: He seems to pull it off pretty well, though, as far as I can tell.

Its okay for someone who never speaks german . He pulls it of halfish

Back
Top Bottom