PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool: Scruff and chest hair bonus.

2qur78m.jpg

Nah, hit the bar on the top to enlarge. ;) IF resizes.

I know but the one you posted is still less than a third of the size of the original!

I like the smaller one though because you can actually see more than like a nostril filling the entire screen. :wink:

Up for the Tosca Auction for Self Help Africa - from the "little brother of Norman" :lol:

Achtung Baby, 20th Anniversary Ultimate Collectors’ Edition signed and donated by Bono
Reserve Price: €300
Market Value: €800+

Tosca’s best known patron and little brother of Norman has donated this one-off collectors’ item – a must have piece for dedicated U2 fans!

Recorded over 6 months in 1991 in Berlin and Dublin, Achtung Baby was U2's seventh studio album. This limited, numbered Über Deluxe Edition is a magnetic puzzle tiled box and contains: six CDs including the original Achtung Baby album, the follow-up album, Zooropa, B-sides and re-workings of previously unheard material recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions; four DVDs including "From The Sky Down", Zoo TV, all the videos from Achtung Baby plus bonus material; five clear 7" vinyl singles in their original sleeves; 16 art prints taken from the original album sleeve, an 84-page hardback book, a copy of Propaganda magazine, four badges, a sticker sheet, and a pair of Bono’s trademark "The Fly" sunglasses.

tosca-auction

More on the Tosca event:

tosca

And I was able to get a glimpse of the new Vanity Fair issue (November 2012, with Daniel Craig on the cover). There's a tiny interview with Eve in there (in the "Vanities" section) which also features a pretty picture. The article contains basically the same stuff that she said for Rolling Stone, but she also talks about not having an Irish accent any more since living in NY and her friends back in Ireland teasing her about it. She said her parents were apprehensive when she told them she wanted to become an actress at a young age. Eve says she understands that because both of them have known the showbusiness for such a long time and know how Hollywood works and how hard it is especially for women, BUT, she says, they are "enthusiastically supportive" of her carreer now, almost too much which, she says, is kind of "cute" :lol:

I didn't buy it, though, I never buy magazines like that, just browsed through it in the bookshop earlier today.

:lol: So, he's not allowed to blab the usual bullshit hyperboles?

:hmm: Interesting. Perhaps they're changing tactics. Usually Bono talks and talks and talks, and he hypes up their albums. Perhaps this time they'll be silent, and then WHAM, album in stores. That could generate an even bigger hype as nobody actually expects an album within at least a year. Could be a smart move!

Looks like Shit may indeed be happening, according to Larry (!)
Sorry if this is a little long:

Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet reports that Larry has a role in Norwegian director Erik Poppe's new movie "A Thousand Times Good Night", which is filming in Dublin at the moment.

"I always want to mix in a little surprise. This time it's Larry Mullen Jr. from the band U2. Since I'm filming in Dublin, I just had to ask him, to add something fresh and raw to the movie", Poppe says in a press release.

"This is absolutely ouside of Mullen's comfort zone, he tells me, but I love seeing how he gets more confident each day and that it's working. He's brave to do this."

"Ireland and Dublin is James Joyce, Beckett and U2. Joyce and Beckett are dead, while U2 are still alive. So it was impossible not to ask him. He's the band member with the coolest looks, the biggest credibility, and who most resembles my screenwriter Harald Rosenløw Eeg", Poppe chuckles.

Mullen is currently dividing his time between what he calls his day job, which is the set of "A Thousand Times Good Night", and his night job, which is the recording of the new U2 album on the south side of town, according to the press release.

Mullen plays the role of "Tom", who is the husband of Maria Doyle Kennedy's character "Theresa". They are friends of the main characters, played by Juliette Binoche and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

:lol: Holy shite, shit may actually BE happening. Awesome!

Though my bet of fall 2013 still stands. :shifty: I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong though.

The title of this article is kind of misleading and made up by the Irish Central paper. Nowhere in this article does Bono say anything about who he'd vote for. The whole question is stupid, since he is not American and therefore cannot vote. It makes me angry that people can't understand what Bi-Partisanship is all about. In the interview - at least the parts that are quoted here - he talks about what the politicians in BOTH parties have contributed to the fight against poverty.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Wh...cessarily-Barack-Obama--175945731.html?page=1

Here's the original article:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Bo...undocumented-and-more---158849255.html?page=1

Via @U2Valencia on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/U2Valencia/status/261950719744167936

Bono told fans he was "not allowed to talk about the new U2 album",

:lol: I imagine that after the last two albums being from Venus and Edge being on fire, the rest of the band probably made him take a vow of silence this time. But I am really glad that he said "the" U2 album, because that means that one exists! :hyper: In these dry times, that's something to get excited about!

:hmm: Interesting. Perhaps they're changing tactics. Usually Bono talks and talks and talks, and he hypes up their albums. Perhaps this time they'll be silent, and then WHAM, album in stores. That could generate an even bigger hype as nobody actually expects an album within at least a year. Could be a smart move!

That would be great!

Funny to imagine all of them dressing up as crayons. But I wonder if they will come to NY at all with the Hurricane and all. I'd think they'd want the kids to be safe:

Actress Eve Hewson - This Must Be The Place Movie

Cool.

I like how her movie career is beginning to lift off. Here's to me hoping that will do something with one of my favourite actors, of whom I have developed a major crush over the past month. His name is Christopher Eccleston. I like it how he is always either shirtless or taking off his clothes during his films or TV. Oh, and he's a brilliant actor as well. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom