PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those cats have ace taste in music. :up:

I need to get that M83 album.

Also, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall - they talk about music like that, and then they turn around and talk about needing to be on the radio. Bon Iver, PJ Harvey, M83 .... not on mainstream radio. Keep going on that theme, boys. Fuck radio. You don't need it.

So now it's THE Songs of Ascent? :lol:

Okay, Bono darling. We'll go with that.

I thought it was before, wasn't it? But I might be remembering wrong. Or maybe I'm getting it mixed up with The Songs of Ascents. :hmm: Or maybe he is. LOL.

Edit: You're right, it didn't have the THE before.

Those cats have ace taste in music. :up:

I need to get that M83 album.

Also, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall - they talk about music like that, and then they turn around and talk about needing to be on the radio. Bon Iver, PJ Harvey, M83 .... not on mainstream radio. Keep going on that theme, boys. Fuck radio. You don't need it.

Agree on all these points :up:

LOVE Bono's choices of the ladies especially, I listen to these artists a lot, too.

And then there's

We’re working on three albums at the moment and we haven’t decided what order we’re going to put them out but ‘The Songs of Ascent’ have the kind of beautiful intimacy that we’re speaking of now. They fit into this moment, the mode of some of these artists that I was hanging out with on Christmas Eve.

:shocked:

:wink:

his song ‘Lord I’m Coming’ is my song of the year

if that was B-man's song of the year, no WONDER he was so morose and scaring us all in those interviews last summer/autumn :D

it is a beautiful song, very David Sylvian-like (massive compliment), but pretty fucking heavy! i can't listen to stuff like that these days...

^ That song is quite pathetic and I'm always troubled by Gavin's voice that's why I hardly listen to his music. However, I appreciate dark music and love to listen to dark tunes, it doesn't affect me emotionally, I'm quite a dark writer myself, but quite a joyful person in general.

Interesting choice by Bono, though.

i'm already miserable enough without listening to miserable music to bring me down even more lol :D

nah just messing... there's room for every mood in music i guess, but it's just not where i'm at in life right now... really kind of appreciate "uplifting" music at the moment... real life is heavy enough LOL

Glad that there's a lot of my favorites in their list.I love Foster The People,M83,Noah and the Whale and Mumford and Sons:up:
And also this:
I played a couple of songs acoustically but earlier in the year both Edge and I played at the memorial to Steve Jobs and also at the Hollywood Bowl for the Bill Clinton Foundation. It’s quite something hearing our own songs, like Sunday Bloody Sunday or A Man and Woman, so stripped down and I think it showed us some clues for the future.

^ Yeah, I'm sure Adam and Larry will love this :wink:

I'm all for it. But "A man and a woman" IS already a pretty much stripped down song on the album.

^ That song is quite pathetic and I'm always troubled by Gavin's voice that's why I hardly listen to his music. However, I appreciate dark music and love to listen to dark tunes, it doesn't affect me emotionally, I'm quite a dark writer myself, but quite a joyful person in general.

Interesting choice by Bono, though.

I like the arrangement, melody and instruments but the lyric doesn't mean anything to me. :huh:
I like Gavins voice but this song I don't think suited his voice to well.

I haven't been here in FOREVER (thanks stupid life!), but when I went to catch up on some news I was thinking, "Why her Twitter posts in U2 news???"
What, is there going to be a whole "offspring" thread soon? :lol: (and feels uncomfortable with that!)

Now, if they were EDGE's Twitter pics, which I miss very much, there's a different story! :) Not that anybody cares what I think! :reject:

I purposely don't follow her on Twitter, but she's out there and at least she wants to be an actress. She seems to have a lot of followers and she must know that a lot of them are following her because of her dad. If she didn't want this then she wouldn't be on twitter. At least she wants to do something worthwhile in the public eye rather than become one of those celebrities that are just famous for being famous like Peaches Geldof. I like to think that her parents wouldn't want that. She seems quite nice.

I just hope they've left Switzerland by now because the weather has been horrific with storms and tons of snow in recent days. A lot of people in mountain valleys are unable to get out of their homes and villages anymore, roads and train routes are closed, avalanche risks are high and there isn't any improvement in sight because the next bad weather front has already arrived. It's all over the news here, so no more mild winter, at least for the people living in the affected regions.

That's all fine. But it has nothing to do with "U2 News", so doesn't belong here.
i'm sorry I didn't want to cause a discussion :)
Like I answered on a private message I post that pics 'cause i've read someone didn't know if she was with her family or not. Only this, sorry again, 'll be more careful in the future. :D

I just hope they've left Switzerland by now because the weather has been horrific with storms and tons of snow in recent days. A lot of people in mountain valleys are unable to get out of their homes and villages anymore, roads and train routes are closed, avalanche risks are high and there isn't any improvement in sight because the next bad weather front has already arrived. It's all over the news here, so no more mild winter, at least for the people living in the affected regions.

I don't know about the rest of the family but Bono has definitely left the cold weather behind.

ONE | Congressional Delegation Visits Africa

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :hug:

Thanks for the news.

Now that's a real change, from cold Switzerland to warm Africa. Good to see Bono back in his usual globetrotting form :up:

...thinking about making a new album??No?? :crack:

Yes, because we know what Bono is - or isn't - thinking. :|

Why is it that he cannot leave Ireland without some people jumping on him for not being in a recording studio, especially if his political work is concerned. It always amazes me that some fans act surprised when they see Bono travelling or campaining AS IF he has never done that. U2 have been releasing albums and been on tour and he has still continued to do his thing. Maybe because he's capable of both?

He's been under the radar for quite a while now so I'm pretty sure the band has got some time to get together and work on new music. Or maybe all of them simply need some time off to sort things out and take care of other things. I don't go after Edge, Larry and Adam either to tell them to go into the studio. All four of them have the freedom to do whatever they wish to.

I'm sure there's no use in locking the man into a recording studio, he's more creative this way. Just let him be.

Why is it that he cannot leave Ireland without some people jumping on him for not being in a recording studio, especially if his political work is concerned. It always amazes me that some fans act surprised when they see Bono travelling or campaining AS IF he has never done that. U2 have been releasing albums and been on tour and he has still continued to do his thing. Maybe because he's capable of both?

He's been under the radar for quite a while now so I'm pretty sure the band has got some time to get together and work on new music. Or maybe all of them simply need some time off to sort things out and take care of other things. I don't go after Edge, Larry and Adam either to tell them to go into the studio. All four of them have the freedom to do whatever they wish to.

I'm sure there's no use in locking the man into a recording studio, he's more creative this way. Just let him be.

Hey,LU! This.:up: You have no idea,how it bothers me when in the forums all you see is threads like-why arent they in the studio? when is the new album out? what's the next tour like etc. We don't KNOW what's going on in their heads.They work in their own tempo.All we can do is wait and see.

I don't know about the rest of the family but Bono has definitely left the cold weather behind.

ONE | Congressional Delegation Visits Africa

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :hug:

Thanks for the info Jamila. :wave: And I agree with you Silvia, the best way to get the creative juices flowing is by getting out and about in the world and not by sitting around in a dark recording studio. :yes: I'm quite happy to wait a year or two or even three until the next album/tour! Give me plenty of time to save me pennies!! :wink:

Sorry if I'm bothering you, but that's just my point of view. I love Bono's politacal work, but he's first a musician and I think that fans would be glad to hear a new album every 2 years instead every 4!

All four of them have the freedom to do whater they wish to, (and they do !!), I agree, I've just only said what I think because I miss them and I can't wait to hear their great new stuff

Sorry if I'm bothering you, but that's just my point of view. I love Bono's politacal work, but he's first a musician and I think that fans would be glad to hear a new album every 2 years instead every 4!

All four of them have the freedom to do whater they wish to, (and they do !!), I agree, I've just only said what I think because I miss them and I can't wait to hear their great new stuff

:up:

I think a fan would expect and claims a new album over all it's Bono himself who saying they are working about three album... And it is since about one year I read this stuff... But of course Bono is always respected and admired for his no profit activity.

Back
Top Bottom