PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: This is funny.

JEDLY BASH FOR EDGE
Birthday boy gets a big surprise: Jedward are his pals!
Sunday World
SundayWorld.com, Irish Crime Reporting, Amanda Brunker, Fr. Brian D'Arcy, Pub Spy, Paddy Murray and much more..

U2 guitarist The Edge had a 50th birthday bash thrown for him last weekend at a Co Wicklow hotel. Hush Hush can reveal the supergroup booked Tinakilly House, near Wicklow town.

And rather than a Hawaii Five-O theme, we can disclose the band decided to have a murder mystery weekend. The Edge (real name, Dave Evans) turned 50 last Monday.

"The guys were really great and sound, they had a fantastic night," revealed an insider.

"They drank away for the night and even had a sing song before knocking off at around 4am."

Fortunately for Jedward they weren't there in person as they may have been the real life victims or the murder mystery if some of the serious musos among the 60 guests had their way.

Thrilled

But the pop twins did send The Edge a video which was played to the laughing guests.

"We were over in Germany when we got a call from U2," said John Grimes.

"We were thrilled because we're big U2 fans, although hand on heart, we can't honestly say we know all their songs."

The twins talked in the video about their "close friend The Edge".

But Edward pointed out: "We've never met The Edge but we had to act on camera like we all hung out together, and we were best buddies.

"We were telling him not to be 'On The Edge Of Glory' like the Lady Gaga song, and talking about Bono, Larry and Adam and the other U2 guys.

"We were happy to do it because The Edge is a big fan of ours."

The duo have met Bono (who turned 50 last year), after they went to his house on a sightseeing trip and he invited them in for tea.

Mourners

Earlier this summer, U2 threw a 60th birthday bash in L.A. for their manager Paul McGuinness.

The Edge, Larry Mullen Jnr and Bono were among the mourners at the funeral of Adam Clayton's mother, Jo, on Friday.

FUCKYEAH SHERLOCK EDGE! :lmao:

This article doesn't make any sense tough. Anyone knows whats its about?

May I ask who jedward are I've never heard of them. Would of loved to seen Larry at murder mystery thing wonder if thay to get dressed up?
Poor Larrys probally wondering what thay have in planed for his b'day

:lol: their hair is always like this so it could be, but it wasn't just for this video if that's what you mean.

O dear. That takes a lot of vacuum power and hairspray.

That probably made them talk so weird.

oh dear.They represented Ireland on Eurovision song contest this year and they were all overe the place.Annoying like hell.I hope our guys will have nothing to do with them.Never.Ever.:no:

oh dear.They represented Ireland on Eurovision song contest this year and they were all overe the place.Annoying like hell.I hope our guys will have nothing to do with them.Never.Ever.:no:

Eurovision song contest .. God I hate that competition.
I don't know why we even compete ?
Looks like it isn't much better (contestant wise) in Ireland than here.

:lol: This is funny.

JEDLY BASH FOR EDGE
Birthday boy gets a big surprise: Jedward are his pals!
Sunday World
SundayWorld.com, Irish Crime Reporting, Amanda Brunker, Fr. Brian D'Arcy, Pub Spy, Paddy Murray and much more..

U2 guitarist The Edge had a 50th birthday bash thrown for him last weekend at a Co Wicklow hotel. Hush Hush can reveal the supergroup booked Tinakilly House, near Wicklow town.

And rather than a Hawaii Five-O theme, we can disclose the band decided to have a murder mystery weekend. The Edge (real name, Dave Evans) turned 50 last Monday.

"The guys were really great and sound, they had a fantastic night," revealed an insider.

"They drank away for the night and even had a sing song before knocking off at around 4am."

Fortunately for Jedward they weren't there in person as they may have been the real life victims or the murder mystery if some of the serious musos among the 60 guests had their way.

Thrilled

But the pop twins did send The Edge a video which was played to the laughing guests.

"We were over in Germany when we got a call from U2," said John Grimes.

"We were thrilled because we're big U2 fans, although hand on heart, we can't honestly say we know all their songs."

The twins talked in the video about their "close friend The Edge".

But Edward pointed out: "We've never met The Edge but we had to act on camera like we all hung out together, and we were best buddies.

"We were telling him not to be 'On The Edge Of Glory' like the Lady Gaga song, and talking about Bono, Larry and Adam and the other U2 guys.

"We were happy to do it because The Edge is a big fan of ours."

The duo have met Bono (who turned 50 last year), after they went to his house on a sightseeing trip and he invited them in for tea.

Mourners

Earlier this summer, U2 threw a 60th birthday bash in L.A. for their manager Paul McGuinness.

The Edge, Larry Mullen Jnr and Bono were among the mourners at the funeral of Adam Clayton's mother, Jo, on Friday.

That's awesome!! :lol:

Eurovision song contest .. God I hate that competition.
I don't know why we even compete ?
Looks like it isn't much better (contestant wise) in Ireland than here.
This used to be pretty enjoyable competition but it has turned in to battle between Balcanic countries.In the old days it was about songs,now its's a circus really.We won that thing once tho'.I keep an eye on that show only to see how big our song fails each year.

I hate the eurovision song contest too. Yet I watch it every year, dunno why really. It's become pretty much a tradition here.

This used to be pretty enjoyable competition but it has turned in to battle between Balcanic countries.In the old days it was about songs,now its's a circus really.We won that thing once tho'.I keep an eye on that show only to see how big our song fails each year.

I know , its always the eastern countries that vote each other up, but the point is , there are very few actually talented artist.
Like you said , and I totally agree it used to be about song , now its about looks, and the bigger the circus , he more votes. I think we won it once back in the 80's.:lol:

It sounds like the partygoers were having a laugh at Jedward's expense; like, the idea that they would actually be Edge's best friends is a total joke! It's actually kind of insulting to Jedward, but it might have gone right over their heads, anyway, since they went along with making the video. ;)

That article was kind of weird. It got a little better in the second half, but the first half seemed primarily to be "look how rich she is!"

With Pam on this one.

Most back operations don't leave a scar behind that big. Only between the disc that is slipped and the one below, and its usually about 1 inch. Yay for medic science!

Last time I saw an incision that big they where operating on a sheep. :reject:

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=6352

A Celebration of World Suicide Prevention Day”. This concert is presented by LivingWorks Education Inc. on Saturday, September 10, at Ottawa’s CentrePointe Theatre, and features three-time Juno Award winner Susan Aglukark and Irish rock band Friends of Emmet.

Keith Geraghty, bass player of Friends of Emmet and passionate suicide prevention advocate, said: “This is going to be a very exciting evening for suicide prevention, as we will also be joined by Music Artist & Activist - Bono of U2, Actor Colin Farrell and Director Jim Sheridan at the concert on September 10th at the CentrePointe Theatre.”

Back
Top Bottom