PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I quite like the whole Spidey thing :shifty:
Rise Above 1 is not the best song EVER -I agree with you in that- but I find it catchy!

I love everything about Rise Above, I cannot get it out of my head since the first time I heard it, and I had been sceptical about that Spiderman stuff. I'm proud of Bono and Edge that they pulled this thing through despite all the nay-sayers and nasty critics. They should go out of their way, do side projects, expand their musical horizon. It's not U2, it's Broadway, and the music is pretty damn good. There's no song on the soundtrack that I don't like at all. Some are weaker, for sure, but there is some very strong stuff on there as well. Rise Above is great, love Bono's voice, like the lyrics, hell, I even like that Carney guy. It's such a catchy tune. My favourite line is: In a time of treason/is there time for trust.

I hope Spiderman will be a huge success for everyone involved. Enough with the bashing.

I love everything about Rise Above, I cannot get it out of my head since the first time I heard it, and I had been sceptical about that Spiderman stuff. I'm proud of Bono and Edge that they pulled this thing through despite all the nay-sayers and nasty critics. They should go out of their way, do side projects, expand their musical horizon. It's not U2, it's Broadway, and the music is pretty damn good. There's no song on the soundtrack that I don't like at all. Some are weaker, for sure, but there is some very strong stuff on there as well. Rise Above is great, love Bono's voice, like the lyrics, hell, I even like that Carney guy. It's such a catchy tune. My favourite line is: In a time of treason/is there time for trust.

I hope Spiderman will be a huge success for everyone involved. Enough with the bashing.
:up::up::up:

Hi there :wave:
If you are talking to me.... I was just expressing my opinion on the song...is that bashing? :|
And just because the song doesn't move me doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work they have done on Spidey or support it. :|

Jeannieco said:
If you are talking to me.... I was just expressing my opinion on the song...is that bashing? :|
And just because the song doesn't move me doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work they have done on Spidey or support it. :|

I think she means the press bashing. They have gotten quite a beating.

I can't get Rise Above out of my head.
I liked the video very much. The only drawback is the lack of Edge.
I wish I could see the musical...

I was refering to the bashing of the press. I wasn't referring to your post. Sorry, I should have been more precise. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The media has been particularly harsh on Bono and Edge and I think they have taken that with a fair amount of dignity. It must have hurt, though, they put a lot into that project and believe in those songs.

That's strange. I live in Europe as well and I can watch it on You Tube.

It depends on the country you're in. Youtube censors some things to exclude certain countries due to law violations or just to be sure they don't get their asses sued. It's pretty much bullshite to me anyway.

360451656.jpg
screenhunter09jul310051.jpg

360450409.jpg
screenhunter14jul310052.jpg

Shadeless :drool: Bono - Beautiful Blue Eyes :applaud:Pittsburgh

^aww, truth. The rhythm section should take off their clothes more. I don't know what Larry is being shy about:lol:

U2 Dawn Patrol

West Village residents on their Sunday morning coffee run were shocked to see Bono, The Edge and their U2 bandmates roll out of the Spotted Pig at 8:30 a.m. They celebrated the end of their record-breaking $736 million world tour with a party there that started at 3:30 a.m. and ran until the sun came up. "People were doing quadruple takes when U2 came out of the bar in their rock 'n' roll clothes," said a witness. "There were SUVs with the drivers sleeping in the front. When the band came out, the drivers slapped themselves awake and drove off."

U2 celebrates end of world tour at The Spotted Pig - NYPOST.com

not to self: The band really like NYC. Remember that even when it seems they have no reason to be there.
Wait, so these SUV drivers... were the band's chauffeurs? Or were looky-loos? (sorry, I'm dense like that:lol:)

Back
Top Bottom