PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2's Bono to paint Sydney icons RED | Herald Sun

U2 SUPERSTAR Bono will turn the Opera House and Harbour Bridge red next Tuesday as part of commemorations to mark World AIDS Day.

He will press the button to turn the two famous landmarks crimson in a ceremony involving Premier Kristina Keneally and Governor-General Quentin Bryce.

Bono is founder of the organisation RED, which has provided $150 million worth of assistance, including AIDS medicines, to sufferers in Africa.

Other global landmarks to get the RED overhaul include the London Eye and City Hall in Dublin, Bono's home city.

Technical experts will take advantage of the rigging on the Bridge for the New Year fireworks to light the eastern arch and pylons. NSW Health will also erect a large red ribbon on the south pylon.

World AIDS Day is held on December 1 to raise awareness of victims and to remember those who have died from the disease.

U2 will begin the Australian leg of their 360 tour on December 1 - the night after the RED ceremony - in Melbourne and play Sydney's ANZ Stadium on December 13.

oh wow... looking pretty good... i'm getting ready to eat my hat... rock n roll, drama & circus (of the non-animal variety of course) - three of my favourite things!

The Edge on New U2 Music -- We're Tryin'

11/22/2010 6:30 AM PST by TMZ Staff

U2's The Edge tells us he and the band are still hard at work ... but insists it's "hard to tell" when the band is set to drop their long-awaited, super-hyped up new album.
For months, U2 fans have been waiting for the release of a new album reportedly produced by Danger Mouse.

But this weekend in NY, we asked the always friendly rocker when the band would be dropping some new stuff -- and dude didn't sound too optimistic.

The Edge on New U2 Album -- We're Tryin' | TMZ.com

The Edge on New U2 Music -- We're Tryin'

11/22/2010 6:30 AM PST by TMZ Staff

U2's The Edge tells us he and the band are still hard at work ... but insists it's "hard to tell" when the band is set to drop their long-awaited, super-hyped up new album.
For months, U2 fans have been waiting for the release of a new album reportedly produced by Danger Mouse.

But this weekend in NY, we asked the always friendly rocker when the band would be dropping some new stuff -- and dude didn't sound too optimistic.

The Edge on New U2 Album -- We're Tryin' | TMZ.com

That interviewer in the video is rather annoying. :doh:
Edge's being classy as always.

From the new Rolling Stone, Dec. 9, 2010

RollingStone12-9-2010Bono.jpg

RollingStone12-9-2010Edge.jpg

Honorable mention: Chris Martin has A Sort Of Homecoming on his playlist of '80's Pop. ;) ("I'm a bit superstitious, so if I have a new house, this is always the first song I play there.")

Bono in Sydney today :hyper:

306191-bono28nov10.jpg

Video and article - U2's Bono meets Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd at Sydney Opera House | Herald Sun

U2's Bono meets Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd at Sydney Opera House

FOREIGN Minister Kevin Rudd has met with U2 frontman Bono to talk about poverty and aid.
A spokesman for Mr Rudd said the pair met at the Sydney Opera House today for about 45 minutes, along with Make History Poverty co-chairs Andrew Hewett and Tim Costello.

The rock star praised the government's development agenda, bipartisan support to reduce poverty globally and spoke about the challenge of global development and Australia's contribution, the spokesman said.

On Bono's agenda was an expansion of the Australian government's aid program and meeting Millennium Development goals set by the UN to reduce global poverty.

Mr Rudd praised Bono for his activism and the pair also spoke about developments in HIV globally, the spokesman said.

Mr Rudd told Sky News that Australia was committed to assisting the world's less fortunate.

"We've always had a view that when there's strife around the world we pitch in," he said.

U2, touring with rapper Jay-Z, begin the Australian leg of their tour in Melbourne on Wednesday.

They'll play two shows at Etihad Stadium before performing in Brisbane on December 8 and 9, Sydney on December 13 and 14 and Perth on December 18 and 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom