Pleba may have already been seen...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought I made space :uhoh: I'll go delete something else :huh:

Neutral and Stars I didn't mean either of you were mean, I didn't even see your posts, it was some of the guys over there, guys as in not girls;) (no names)

Neutral :hug:

Another thing about bogus band members on zootopia, while the name Bono may have been reserved for Bono, there was also ~Bono, Bono_, .Bono, Bono*, BONO, BoNo, etc. people would do stuff like that and send out PMs. People would go psssst look who's online and it would just be a Bono* person.

I am glad Elvis came to post and explain because no one believes me!

TheBrazilianFly said:
Hold on a second, why do people think that Dalkey Beach is a band member? :eyebrow:

He posted things that were inside info and suspicious that it was a band member or very close to the band. Once people started openly posting their suspicions, all of a sudden Dalkey disappeared and Edge showed up, same avatar, also discussing the band. In one of the threads people then asked if Dalkey was Edge and the mods just winked and said 'I don't think we'll be seeing Dalkey post anymore;)"

The scary thing is that Edge can lurk and we don't know it. If you go and check his user profile it says he lasted posted at about 3:30 (I was also lucky enough to catch it from work) but he last visited at 7:19PM today?????????

U2Kitten said:
:shocked: :uhoh:

they ALL could be lurking even as guests! :yikes:

The last smilie you used is exactly my sentiment.

I just had this horrible thought. Do you think he's getting bombarded with PM's?

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

He posted things that were inside info and suspicious that it was a band member or very close to the band. Once people started openly posting their suspicions, all of a sudden Dalkey disappeared and Edge showed up, same avatar, also discussing the band. In one of the threads people then asked if Dalkey was Edge and the mods just winked and said 'I don't think we'll be seeing Dalkey post anymore;)"

:shocked:

I gave Dalkey a hard time....I wasn't insulting though, but I could have treated him better. :(

I think Dalkey did post in one of Edge's threads. He/She quoted Bass about buying the band cheap liquor if they came to his town.

I don't think Dalkey was The Edge, but maybe someone that knows the band or is related to someone in the band.

And if y'all think they have time to sift through everything here.... c'mon it's a wonder I didn't get fired today, because I certainly didn't get any work done. I have been here most of the weekend and all day today and I can't keep up.

I think if they do read threads it would be ones pertaining to the new songs. They probably take a peek in PLEBA, but I wouldn't be too concerned about them reading every little post.

There is no way on a forum to prove who The Edge is. We are putting our credibility on the line here, something none of us take lightly. Edge has been kind enough to grace us with his posting skills and love of smilies... if you don't believe it's him, I dont know what to tell you... there isnt going to be a press release about him posting on a fan site. If you choose to accept it, cool, if not... oh well.

and i already had it made up that press release lol.. nicely said elvis..trust.. may mr.paul mcguinness strike me down.. if were not on the truth and so he should if that be the case..don't stick my neck out for just anyone right :wink:
I love Edge's smilies very expressive fella

Elvis said:

As I said elsewhere....

Folks, the interview has been up for nearly 2 weeks... u2.com, rmp, and pm are all aware of it. That should say something.

There is no way on a forum to prove who The Edge is. We are putting our credibility on the line here, something none of us take lightly. Edge has been kind enough to grace us with his posting skills and love of smilies... if you don't believe it's him, I dont know what to tell you... there isnt going to be a press release about him posting on a fan site. If you choose to accept it, cool, if not... oh well.

Oh come on!!
I'm sure Edge has better things to do with his time !!!:rolleyes:

Bono's Tart said:

Oh come on!!
I'm sure Edge has better things to do with his time !!!:rolleyes:

You do realize that there are many artists which not only post on their own sites, but on their fan sites as well? REM is a perfect example, as is Radiohead, Garbage, Moby, and many others.

Elvis said:

You do realize that there are many artists which not only post on their own sites, but on their fan sites as well? REM is a perfect example, as is Radiohead, Garbage, Moby, and many others.

Thats so true and on the matter whether Dalkey Beach is The Edge or not and that The Edge himself had posted here.....well we can either take it as fact or take it as a con...

I happen to believe that it was really The Edge who had posted here and I have to leave it at that.....

dougal

Besides the fact that every thread discussing the Dalkey/Edge connection has been closed;)

Why should Edge have 'better' things to do with his time? WE don't, and it's HIS band! He's well known for his time online, it's only natural he would check out a U2 site!

Why is reading and/or posting on forum devoted to HIS band considered beneath him or a waste of time??

U2 has always been known as a band who interacts with their fans...they go out of their way to make themselves available to sign endless autographs, take pictures and have even made cell phone calls for people! Bono will even give a fan a ride in his car if he's in the mood.

Why is SO hard to believe the Edge can't take 10 or 15 minutes a day to talk to us?

I never said that reading a site about his band was beneath him thats your interpretation not mine!! What I meant was seeing as its all going off with the single/album I would have thought he would have been too busy!!!

If this was the bands OFFICIAL site then ok/maybe !!

I've been a fan for years and years (like some of you on here)and am more than aware that the band make themselves available I have been lucky to have had several first hand experiences, my friend has been in Bonos car twice the most recent time only last Friday!!

Why is everyone so defensive on here I am only expressing my opinion of which I am entitled to do!!
I'm not telling you what to believe !!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think it's because it's an 'opinion' that's the same thing as calling our site owner a liar :reject:

I think it's very likely they would choose to check out this site over any other. Zootopia sucks now. No other site has this many members or frequent posters. I also don't know why he'd be too 'busy' I mean, he doesn't have a job, except the band and the album is done so he wants to check out fan reaction. He might have other stuff to do, but so do we, and we find time to come here, so why not him?;)

U2Kitten said:
I think it's because it's an 'opinion' that's the same thing as calling our site owner a liar :reject:

I think it's very likely they would choose to check out this site over any other. Zootopia sucks now. No other site has this many members or frequent posters. I also don't know why he'd be too 'busy' I mean, he doesn't have a job, except the band and the album is done so he wants to check out fan reaction. He might have other stuff to do, but so do we, and we find time to come here, so why not him?;)

What???
So because I have a different opinion I am calling the site owner a liar?????? I must have missed that comment!!
If I had wanted to say that then believe me I would come right out and say it.

I'm sure "Edge" would be delighted to read that he doesnt have a job!!!!

:huh: :huh:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but using the :rolleyes: smilie does tend to put people on the defensive. It comes across as a little snarky.

Bono's Tart said:

What???
So because I have a different opinion I am calling the site owner a liar?????? I must have missed that comment!!

Okay maybe you aren't seeing how this looks. Elvis has already said that The Edge posted as himself. Elvis gave him the status of Officially the real thing, and only Elvis could do that. Elvis has told you himself that this is real and he has put his credibility on the line. But you continue to say that you do not believe that Edge is really posting. But the only other option is that Elvis is faking. I don't see how that isn't calling Elvis a liar. :shrug:

I'm sure "Edge" would be delighted to read that he doesnt have a job!!!!

:huh: :huh:

I said, other than the band, and the album is finished! No, he doesn't have a 40 hour a week job that takes up a lot of people's time. That is fact, he doesn't. He's a rock star.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom