PLEBA ladies---can you help me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U

ultraviolet_j

I will keep this short and to the point. After 1 and 1/2 years, my girlfriend and I have decided to end our relationship. In all honesty, it is more of her doing than mine, but I have to accept this decision. As it is with everyone, there is a long story behind all of this but that is really not the important part. I normally keep my personal life to myself online but I feel there are certain things I must do now that this chapter of my life with this woman is coming to an end. What's done is done now and both of us must move forward. Earlier in the summer, she and I followed U2 on the east coast for 4 shows and had the greatest time. I look back very very fondly at that time we spent together. I am wanting to put together a sort of "farewell/goodbye" CD of U2 songs for her and I wanted some help with the track listing. Would any of you be willing to help me with that? There are some obvious songs, but I want to do this right. I hope I am making some sense here because I am not really thinking so clearly right now. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by ultraviolet_j (edited 10-09-2001).]

Ultraviolet, I'm sorry about you and your girlfriend, and I think that you are handling the situation very well. As for songs, I'm having trouble thinking of some. Most of U2's goodbye songs have bitter tones in them, and I'm not sure if that's the message you wanted to convey. I'll continue to brainstorm, but as of now I really can't think of many appropriate songs...
Sorry if I've interpreted this wrong in any way...

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-09-2001).]

I know that hurts
good luck!

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

With or Without You

So Cruel

Love Is Blindness

Stay

The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

These are all very sad love songs. They're kinda depressing, too. But very, very beautiful and emotional. She'll know that you love her if you put these on...

SO CRUEL!!!!
mad.gif

I'm sorry. I hope the bad memories don't spoil hearing those U2 songs in the future.

------------------
~some days are better than others~

"Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" - I heard it was written about an affair one of the members had, and they realized they couldn't be together and it was their way of saying goodbye and 'Can we still be friends?'

"Kite" - 'I want you to know that you don't need me anymore'..... that line says it all

"Running to Stand Still" - Cause you gotta do something about where you're going.....

"If God Will Send His Angels" - To let her know that she's still an angel, and that 'everything will be alright'

"With or Without You" - The title gives it away

"Wild Honey" - To remember the days when you were swinging from the trees

"Walk On" - Because even all the bad times and the problems can't take away from all that you've been given all how wonderful you really are

That's all I can think of right now, but I hope this helps some ~ Later

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
"Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" - I heard it was written about an affair one of the members had, and they realized they couldn't be together and it was their way of saying goodbye and 'Can we still be friends?'
*circles Wildhoney* DOPPELGANGER!! P.S. which guy was it? bleh I'm rude and nosy today. I need sleeeeeeeep

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*circles Wildhoney* DOPPELGANGER!! P.S. which guy was it? bleh I'm rude and nosy today. I need sleeeeeeeep

Hey, wildhonee (love the name)......

Well, Larry is the one who made that comment about the reason for the song, but he wouldn't say which member it was who actually had an affair, so all we can do is guess.........

------------------
"Coming to a rock n' roll show and watching television, what more could you ask for?" ~ Larry
"Surely, there must be more to it than that" ~ Kurt Loder
"Don't call me Shirley." ~ Larry

Hey, wildhonee (love the name)......

Well, Larry is the one who made that comment about the reason for the song, but he wouldn't say which member it was who actually had an affair, so all we can do is guess.........
Curses. Guess it wasn't me and Bono, was it?
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

Back
Top Bottom