PLEBA is torture!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veranda

War Child
WHY do we do this to ourselves? Like a little poor kid staring in the toy store or candy store window, we can look but we can't touch. We can fantasize but we can't have it. Looking IS fun and of course we are only here for fun I know that but sometimes it's so frustrating and I feel almost tortured to know that my dreams will never be fulfilled! Anybody else ever feel this way?

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

yes.

but PLEBA is also a place where I can go and indulge for awhile. So it is also a place of some relaxation and fun.

yes, I have the same problem with that J. Lopez forum

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Sometimes I think that too. I wonder if all of my dreams and fantasies are a wastes since I won't ever get to meet the band, and my dreams with Bono will DEFINATLY not come true!!! It is all worth it though because it is fun!!!

I am glad that I have met the other Pleba girls who share the same crazy thoughts as me!!! I thought that I was alone!!

Never fear.

When I become Bruce Springsteen, after Echo and I Fed Ex oursleves to the NY loft but beFORE I colonize the moon, I will treat you all to a trip to the one large house that U2 lives in.

Seriously!! Well maybe not the moon part.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

Originally posted by WildHonee:

When I become Bruce Springsteen, after Echo and I Fed Ex oursleves to the NY loft but beFORE I colonize the moon, I will treat you all to a trip to the one large house that U2 lives in.

Wow. You are so good to your public! Any chance you could give me a dollar too?

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Wow. You are so good to your public! Any chance you could give me a dollar too?

*looks into future using Larry's Magic Ball*

It appears that I will have lots of money, but my brother will be managing it because I'm so bad with money. OO A HELLO KITTY PEN. I MUST BUY IT. I have lots of money but it's stored away and only my brother and my husband (whose face is not clear) have access to it. But I do have those foil-wrapped chocolate coins that I got from CVS.

MOM: What're you doing? We're NOT Jewish.

MONA: But, mommy, look. They're chocolate money! If I were Jesus I think the Jesus Bread in Church would be chocolate instead of bread, because, well, wouldn't YOU like to be chocolate?

MOM: We should've stopped at 3 kids.

MONA: Mommy!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

PLEBA is torture.
frown.gif
It does make me sad that I most likely won't ever have.. let's say, "access" to Bono.
wink.gif
And it is even worse that the closest I'll ever come to Bono is if I meet him outside a venue and get an autograph or something. sigh.
frown.gif
Oh well.. PLEBA IS fun, but it is sometimes sad to think about it that way.
frown.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

On the contrary, I find PLEBA a relief; a place to blow off creative (and hormonal) steam and talk to people who feel the same way I do about certain things.

I do get that "Oh MAN, I'll never have them, what am I DOING with my life?" But I get it when I watch, for example, Bono doing the Melpop roll with some chick. PLEBA never provokes any feelings of forlorn longing.

But then that's just me.

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

Hell hath no fury like the vast robot army of a woman scorned.

"Now you stop all this naked foolishness and go outside!
It's too nice a day to be stupid indoors!" - Ren Hoek

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
PLEBA is torture.
frown.gif
It does make me sad that I most likely won't ever have.. let's say, "access" to Bono.
wink.gif
And it is even worse that the closest I'll ever come to Bono is if I meet him outside a venue and get an autograph or something. sigh.
frown.gif
Oh well.. PLEBA IS fun, but it is sometimes sad to think about it that way.
frown.gif

*Starts sobbing incessantly*
Why, or Why does he have to live so far away, be married, be a gigantic rock star, and be old enough to almost be my father???? I love my boyfriend, but *Sigh* he isn't Bono!!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
gigantic rock star,
Bwaahahahaa

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Originally posted by Echo:
On the contrary, I find PLEBA a relief; a place to blow off creative (and hormonal) steam and talk to people who feel the same way I do about certain things.

I do get that "Oh MAN, I'll never have them, what am I DOING with my life?" But I get it when I watch, for example, Bono doing the Melpop roll with some chick. PLEBA never provokes any feelings of forlorn longing.

But then that's just me.

I think that's because you come here for fun instead of to drool most of the time, if you do have strong feelings for one or more of the guys it can get to you. SO WHY AM I HERE?

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
I think that's because you come here for fun instead of to drool most of the time, if you do have strong feelings for one or more of the guys it can get to you. SO WHY AM I HERE?

Who says I'm not here to drool?

The whole reason I came here originally was to drool....and I DO have strong feelings...just because my status doesn't say something like "From: Edge's boudoir" doesn't mean I don't have strong feelings for him! But I found that I got a more interesting reaction from people when I was funny than when I was merely keening.

Having fun and lusting desperately are NOT mutually exclusive, despite what some of the girls here seem to think.

It's just why should I post a message that consists solely of the word "*drool*" when I see a picture I like, when four other girls have already posted it?

*sigh* Here come the flame wars...

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

Hell hath no fury like the vast robot army of a woman scorned.

"Now you stop all this naked foolishness and go outside!
It's too nice a day to be stupid indoors!" - Ren Hoek

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 12-29-2001).]

Hi Echo...

I don't think there will necessarily be flame wars... because I think you made a valid point...

I think all of us have made valid points one way or another.

Here's how I see it. Don't be so hard on yourself for wanting something you can't have. Not only do we lust after and can't have Larry, Bono, Edge, or Adam (well, Adam's still a head's up because he's not attached to anyone, so we can still try), but there are lots of other things in life that we want desperately but will probably never get. I would love to be a millionaire and live comfortably in a nice home, have a nice car, and be able to write to my little heart's content when I feel like it. However, it's a dream of mine to write, so I won't throw that out, but who knows about being a millionaire one day? It will take a lot of work, guts, determination, and I'm sure I'll end up with a bunch of people not liking me very much along the way.

I have a nice enough truck, I'm happy with it, and I'm happy to be alive. I'm also happy to spend my hard-earned vacation sitting in front of my computer all day in my jammies, reading and writing posts on PLEBA. I have never laughed so hard as I have here. I get to share pictures of a guy I will *never* in my lifetime be as close to as I wish I could be, I get to talk about Larry to people who don't think I'm crazy, and I get to suspend reality for a little while and gaze wistfully at his picture. I have a boyfriend - you wanna know how long I've been dating my boyfriend? 8 1/2 years. I love him to the end of time. He doesn't understand why I'm such a nut, but he loves me just the same.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is don't sweat the small stuff. Don't think that you have a "problem" because you lust after someone who you can't have. It's all in fun and that's what it should be: fun. If it's not fun for you, then I don't know what to say. Everyone obsesses over stuff. Before U2, I was obsessed over the X-Files and David Duchovny. Before that, it was Christian Slater. Your tastes change and you move on... although this U2 thing's been going on for several years now.... ah, well... I suppose I've found my wistful happiness.
biggrin.gif

I sincerely hope this helps you... I don't want you to think you have a problem because you don't. Don't let your obsession take over and depress you. Make it fun! That's what PLEBA is all about. Remember... it doesn't hurt to dream.

Moonie
smile.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

[This message has been edited by moon_is_playing_tricks (edited 12-29-2001).]

Originally posted by Echo:

It's just why should I post a message that consists solely of the word "*drool*" when I see a picture I like, when four other girls have already posted it?

I really agree, Echo.. sometimes I just go ahead because I can't resist saying how great the picture is, or sometimes I just do it because no one else is.
wink.gif
Anyway, I think people would stay, post, read, and respect PLEBA a lot more if we weren't so notorious for just drooling over U2. Then again, what do we care about that?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

I come here to drool, to lust, to swoon, to love, to melt, to laugh, to cry, but most of all to be with you all! Yeah this is a U2 droolfest, but I personally come here cause I like the repartee between everyone here....sometimes I like to think about what we'd all be like if "they" (who the feck knows who they are) put us all in a room together with lots of photos...the things we'd come up with... I mean...there are so many creative, funny people here...that's why I come cause I ALWAYS laugh, whether I want to or not! Thanks PLEBA gals!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom