PLEBA Grammy Party: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Checking in....WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOO I could jump out of my skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U2 FOREVER!

PS-Larry is a sexy hot yummy boy

Originally posted by YellowKite:
Bono said there were two more in back - what else did they win besides this and record earlier?

Adam was wearing a very 80's sweater!
biggrin.gif

I think he said "that's two in the bag."

Weeee! I'm happy!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

Okay...Train won for Best Rock Song...the one U2 was nominated in twice
frown.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
frown.gif

frown.gif
I can't believe that.
confused.gif

I can't wait to see 'em!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

GAH!!!! They just lost to Craps-oops, I mean DROPS of Jupiter. GRRRRR!!!! Elevation and Walk On must have split the vote!!! I actually kinda like Train, but Walk On SOOOO deserved to win!!!! Oh, well. They already won two and will hopefully win a crapload more. But still. GRRRRRR!!!!
mad.gif

frown.gif

i saw that! that sucks! i think i'm cursing the Grammys. the only 2 parts i saw were bad news. first i (i know i should be shot) *gulp* forgot about them cuz i was wrapped up in hw, so i ran downstairs 5 minutes late to find that they were the OPENING performance (GRRR!!) so i made the tape in in time to tape all of the grammys except their performance (crapcrapcrap). i just now came down stairs to check on them and saw this award coming up and that they were 2 of the 4 nominees and was exTREMEly cocky about how they were definately gonna win it, and... well, anyway, i'll stop watching til its over then just watch my tape. you guys'll ahve to keep me updated.

does anyone know by any chance if they're performing a 2nd time or am i just SOL?

*Grumpy on Grammy night*

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Ya know, when I first heard U2 was nominated for 2 songs in one category, I thought that might happen. If they'd only been nominated for one of the songs, I'll bet they would have won. As it was, the votes were probably divided. Oh well. (Or, maybe it's a rule that the band who just performed must win.)
wink.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
WOOOO-HOOO! 2 already!!!!!

Edge kissed Britney!

ex-CUSE me??????

edgie~pie and i are gonna have to have a nice long talk when he gets home tonight.

and larry too. *sigh* boys, boys, boys.

no~ i'll bet it was in the script. yes! that's it! it could NOT have been done out of free will...
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 02-27-2002).]

Wow, they're all sitting in the front row. Excellent. I think I caught sight of Ann, with really long hair.

Originally posted by Bjork:
OMD! Ann & Morleigh are there!

!!!

but, but I wanted to be Edge's date to the Grammys!

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

lol...Julie, wanna come into AOL chat with us?

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

lol...Julie, wanna come into AOL chat with us?

yesyesyes!
frown.gif
but i can't. i had a TON of hw yesterday, but blew it all of for the MPS jammy jam and i really need to get to it tonight (despite the fact that i'm here lol). i need to at least do a bit so's i can return to the jammy jam later tonight. i hope i see you there
smile.gif

keep me updated on the Grammys, tho!

thx! luv ya!

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

Ooohh I saw Morleigh, but not Ann. She looks really pretty! Grrrr @ Train though!! Elevation deserved that. Oh well, cheers to Train anyway, I LOVED the cellist!!

Originally posted by meegannie:
I'm bitter about the blatant exclusion of Adam closeups during "Walk On."
But he looks incredibly cute tonight!
smile.gif

I can't believe this either. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing Adam from a distance.

So all the guys besides Adam have SOs there?

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
yesyesyes!
frown.gif
but i can't. i had a TON of hw yesterday, but blew it all of for the MPS jammy jam and i really need to get to it tonight (despite the fact that i'm here lol). i need to at least do a bit so's i can return to the jammy jam later tonight. i hope i see you there
smile.gif

keep me updated on the Grammys, tho!

thx! luv ya!

Julie...I'll definitely be there at the jammy jam tonight!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

I hope they don't do the Album of the year next. Alicia Keys is performing. It seems that an artist performs then they win an award.
U2!
U2!
U2!

Originally posted by RavenStar:
I hope they don't do the Album of the year next. Alicia Keys is performing. It seems that an artist performs then they win an award.
U2!
U2!
U2!

Album of the year has always been the last award to be given out, as it is the most prestigous
biggrin.gif
Besides, Alicia Keyes is not nominated in that category anyway
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom