Pleba Girls Party: Wild Weekend Fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See ya later DG! :hug: :(

Drea its still 110 here, we hope sometime next month it will cool off. :lol: My day actually so far is going good.

I spent a few hours with my two friends, Mags & Raven at the quilt shop today. Working and chatting. It was really nice. Then when I got home I found out that my BIL & SIL have been offered jobs in a small town about 40 minutes from us! Its on a beautiful horse ranch! We are so jazzed! Then my FIL called to say that he gave notice and is offically retired in September! So they will start building their barn and new house here in October! So pretty much by the end of this year our whole family will finally live here with us! :rockon: :dance: I'm so happy this is finally all happening! :heart:

I did pick up 2 skeins of yarn, a lavendar and a minty turquoise green color to knit a felted purse out of. I started it earlier, but its so hot I need a break, so I'm hiding in the air conditioned room. :giggle:

I also need to really finish painting scales on my mermaid doll.

Hi, everyone! :wave:

Russty, your news is terrific! My parents live in Florida, I'm in New York and I miss them terribly.

I just made myself a new avatar. I'm not sure it works that well...maybe I should have had more of Bono's hand in it instead of just his finger. But I thought the picture was cute!

WildHoney said:
Had to post this for you girls. Bono looking :combust: in Amsterdam last Night :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

15420563.jpg

I want...I want...oh how I want...!!!!!

Russty Cat said:
See ya later DG! :hug: :(

Drea its still 110 here, we hope sometime next month it will cool off. :lol: My day actually so far is going good.

I spent a few hours with my two friends, Mags & Raven at the quilt shop today. Working and chatting. It was really nice. Then when I got home I found out that my BIL & SIL have been offered jobs in a small town about 40 minutes from us! Its on a beautiful horse ranch! We are so jazzed! Then my FIL called to say that he gave notice and is offically retired in September! So they will start building their barn and new house here in October! So pretty much by the end of this year our whole family will finally live here with us! :rockon: :dance: I'm so happy this is finally all happening! :heart:

That's cool :hug:

Hi Diane! :hug:

I love the new avi! I think its perfect with just his finger. He's teasing us. :giggle:

My parents live about 12 hours away in Southern CA and my in laws are about 10. But for the last 10 years or so, my in laws have really become my parents. My own parents and I dont' have a very good relationship and honestly they don't know me that well anymore so I don't care that they aren't here. But I want my two girls to have a good relationship with my inlaws and my BIL& SIL who are a dream. My SIL has only been in our family a year now and it seems like she has been around for forever. She is the greatest. It will be so nice at holidays too not having to drive so far anymore to see everyone. :hyper:

That's great to have a nice BIL & SIL. My BIL is soooo funny...he's got a great sense of humor, makes me laugh all the time. He's also very family-oriented, he doesn't think twice about making a 3-hour one-way trip to go to a family gathering, like a christening or something similar. The guy I almost married once upon a time used to make excuses why he couldn't go to things like that, so I appreciate my BIL's attitude much more!

My SIL and I are very different, but I do like her very much. It's funny...I'm working with a guy she used to hang out with many years ago, before she met my brother! The guy says he can't think of two people less alike than Lynda and I, but he likes us both. And she says that I've met my intellectual equal, knowing him now.

U2Girl, that picture...:laugh:

You've probably heard about Diamond on this board, how he got himself on stage during one of the Boston gigs in '01 and wound up carrying Bono around! Bono commented that "the big guy is made of steel!"

But it drives me crazy that you can't right click save flickr pictures!!! Someone posted pictures of the band at the hotel in Amsterdam...really nice pictures of Adam, but you can't save them onto your computer. :(

Thats very cool Diane! Your BIL definetly sounds like a keeper. My BIL use to be married to a real witch, so even though his current wife and I aren't exactly alike she could pretty much be the spawn of Satan and I would love her! :lol: Really she is just this neat gal who really understands that I'm a very different type of person. She has accepted me from the get go and has never asked me to be who I'm not. That is very rare in this lifetime. She actually helped me shave my head last time she was visiting and was laughing the whole time. She said having a glass of wine with me and shaving my head was the most fun she'd had in a very long time. I can't wait till she is here so I can make her go with me when I get more tattoos. hehe

My SIL and I have a tradition: every Christmas Eve we go outside and smoke! I'm not a regular smoker, in fact I think the only time I smoke these days is that "Christmas cigarette" with Lynda.

My family used to live across from the Catholic church we went to, so Lynda and I would walk across the street and light candles on Christmas Eve too. Then one year the entrance we used to use was locked and we said, uh oh, they've locked us out!!! That ended THAT!

Speaking of tattoos, Russty, I just found out that a janitor at the library where I work has the most interesting tattoo near his ankle. It's a map of Long Island with his initials in it. I'd consider getting a tat like that if I ever did go for it.

Its nice to have traditions with family. I'm hoping to start some with my SIL, like the mommy and SIL vacation without the kids to the coast every year. :laugh:

His tat sounds interesting! I'd love to see it. Its amazing now a days the people who have tattoos. I had 5 different people ask me about my tattoos when I was out today. I have on a very low cut top and a short skirt which is very rare for me. And people kept looking, finally when some guy said something about the tattoos it dawned on me they were looking at them. My artist friends were very impressed with them. I can't wait to get more. :lol:

Hi Jules and Wild :hug: :hug:

Sorry your so tired Jules. I know the feeling I went to bed at 9 last night.

Damn Mini-cat just came in and said that she is hungry. Mr. Cat decided to take a nap, so I have to go do mommy duty and get the girls something to eat. Be back later. :wave: :hug: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom