PLEBA Girls Party: What will BG get up to with B, while she's the only one around??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlyYourKite said:
Girls! :hug: I missed you all last night when I was scared. I saw War of the Worlds :yikes: :laugh:

Nice to meet you Joanne! I can't remember if we met Friday or not...my brain is dead :hug:

:hug: Fly.

I'm debating whether or not to see War of the Worlds. All the reviews say it is quite intense. Tom Cruise is a good actor. But his views on psychiatry and mental illness infuriate me, for reasons which could fill up a book. (A book I may just write someday ...)

jobob said:

:hug: Fly.

I'm debating whether or not to see War of the Worlds. All the reviews say it is quite intense. Tom Cruise is a good actor. But his views on psychiatry and mental illness infuriate me, for reasons which could fill up a book. (A book I may just write someday ...)

I never liked Tom Cruise. There was always something beneath that good guy image that bothered me, but I could never quite put my finger about it. Now I know what it is....he's a f:censored:ing nutcase!!

As much as I hate Tom Cruise (and believe me, I despise him with all the hatred imaginable) I went to see the movie anyway cause I liked the book, scifi movies and Dakota Fanning. It was so intense that I forgot about my hatred for Tom...I have to admit he's a good actor.

See it for the movie itself and try to ignore the fact that he's a big tool. :yes: There were a lot of plotholes but it still was really disturbing and creepy.

Last edited:
greeneyedgirl said:
I like Tom, I think he's cute. And while I don't believe in his religion, I do find it facinating. Cults and the Human Need of Acceptance!! I should write a book :eyebrow:

Will you autograph a copy for me Mommy? :hyper:

daygloeyes2 said:

I never liked Tom Cruise. There was always something beneath that good guy image that bothered me, but I could never quite put my finger about it. Now I know what it is....he's a f:censored:ing nutcase!!

I always thought so. Especially when he first seriously started talking about how Scientology helped him recover from dyslexia and whatnot. And then when he supposedly only told Nicole Kidman that "you already know" when she begged him for the reasons why he left her.

jobob said:

I always thought so. Especially when he first seriously started talking about how Scientology helped him recover from dyslexia and whatnot. And then when he supposedly only told Nicole Kidman that "you already know" when she begged him for the reasons why he left her.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part.

While we're on the subject of Tom Cruise, read this excerpt from the upcoming issue of W magazine. It's an interview with Katie Holmes.

http://www.style.com/w/feat_story/070505/full_page.html

greeneyedgirl said:
Even though celebs seem to have their lives wide open to their fans, you never really know what goes on in their personnal lives.
Not everything gets aired into the public.

True, GG. However ... falling for someone so noisily and publicly and then announcing your engagement in two months? With big, big age and religious differences? Nasty rumors that the two of you are either doing this because of your new movies, or worse, because his "church" is somehow behind it?

Not to mention that in every TomKat pic I've ever seen, she barely looks at him.

Sorry, not buying it here in jobob land.

This is suddenly reminding me of high school when I was reading the L. Ron Hubbard decalogy Mission Earth (not to be confused with Battlefield Earth... Mission Earth was a 10 book comedy/sci fi series) - Mom got worried because of who it was, and asked me if he put any of his religious stuff in there. (He didn't, or at least if he did I didn't notice it, and I think I would have at 16.) The man was a nut in regards to religion, psychiatry and most other things, but he was a pretty decent SF writer - too bad he couldn't've stuck to that :wink:

greeneyedgirl said:
Drea, are you going to the concert in Sept?

I'm going to TO 1, and am hoping to get my hands on a ticket for TO 2... 3 and 4 are out of the question because of my cousin's wedding :( I can pop by the lineup the night of TO 3 though before I get on the train ;)

The only sci-fi I've ever really liked was The X-Files, and Episode Four (the original) of Star Wars. Other than that, most sci-fi I've ever read or seen leaves me cold.

Drea said:

I'm going to TO 1, and am hoping to get my hands on a ticket for TO 2... 3 and 4 are out of the question because of my cousin's wedding :( I can pop by the lineup the night of TO 3 though before I get on the train ;)

I love Toronto, even though I haven't been there in years.

Saw the Toronto shows on Ticketmaster.com earlier this week. Decided to see if there were indeed any tickets. But noooo ....

How is Wild??? Hope she doesn't have what I have/had. :(

And what happened to the old thread?? :eyebrow:

GG, did you ever get the e-mails I sent you?? I started getting messages last night that they were undeliverable, even though all I did was hit reply when I went to type out the new message to you. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom