PLEBA Girls Party - We're one and we get to carry each other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time for me to go grab some dinner. Soooo hungry. See ya later! :wave:

And sami, feel free to talk about the OC, as I probably won't be back until after the show is over! :D

Sad_Girl said:
VP - I'm always nicest to the people who don't know me well :wink: :laugh: :hug:

I'm glad you and she have gotten to that point with it; I really admire the friendship the two of you have

I just read your post to her. She said "you've gotten to the point where you can joke about it, *I* still have nightmares. :lmao: :lmao:

adamavi1.jpg

adamavi2.jpg

^^ Hi Fly! :hug: How are you tonight? Better, I hope!

VintagePunk said:

I just read your post to her. She said "you've gotten to the point where you can joke about it, *I* still have nightmares. :lmao: :lmao:

I think thats perfectly Natural :lol: :wink:

VintagePunk said:

OMG, from the other perspective, it was *awful*!!!! :lmao:

I honestly thought she was asleep!! She just GLARED at us when we came downstairs. :yikes: :lmao:

:lmao: Well at least they don't know that I heard them! :lol: If they did I wouldn't have been able to face them the next morning! :laugh: :yikes:

VintagePunk said:
Fly!!!! You poor thing!!!! How are you?? Have you taken te packing out yet? :hug: :heart:

:lol: I'm a walking disaster. This virus has kicked my ass and then some! :angry:

I have to have the packing taken out on Saturday morning in the ER again. :sad: It's way too much pressure on my nose and sinuses than I can handle. All my snot doesn't know where to go. :scream:

FlyYourKite said:

:lol: I'm a walking disaster. This virus has kicked my ass and then some! :angry:

I have to have the packing taken out on Saturday morning in the ER again. :sad: It's way too much pressure on my nose and sinuses than I can handle. All my snot doesn't know where to go. :scream:

Awwww!!!:hug: Are nosebleeds normal for you? I've had them since I was a tiny kid. :| Used to get my nose "cauterized," a procedure I'm not even sure they do anymore. They stick this chemical up your nose, to prevent bleeding. :yuck: I haven't had one in years, though. I keep it humidified during the winter, and sometimes put vaseline in my nose before bed, if its really dry.

VintagePunk said:

Awwww!!!:hug: Are nosebleeds normal for you? I've had them since I was a tiny kid. :| Used to get my nose "cauterized," a procedure I'm not even sure they do anymore. They stick this chemical up your nose, to prevent bleeding. :yuck: I haven't had one in years, though. I keep it humidified during the winter, and sometimes put vaseline in my nose before bed, if its really dry.

Actually they're not common for me at all! Tuesday was the first one I think I've ever had in my life and I had one yesterday too. But they both only bled for like 5 minutes. The one this morning went for 2 and a half hours. :| The doctor figures it was from blowing my nose too much/hard and from the dryness. Our humidifier broke so I hadn't been using anything at night except for some vaseline, but we bought a new humidifier today.

:hug: It's just scary when it doesn't stop!

Drea You're welcome :)

FlyYourKite said:
Thanks girls! :hug: :heart: I'm just so sick of being sick!

And just for the record, swallowing copious amounts of blood is not cool. :|

:no: :hug:

I swallowed a ton of blood after they removed my tonsils and adenoids ... ended up in the hospital because I couldn't stop throwing it back up :yikes: :yuck: one of the absolute worst nights of my life

Oh cauterizing! *lightbulb* :lol: The crazy doctor said we had two options: cauterizing or packing. He went with packing because he said cauterizing can cause scar tissue and lead to infection which isn't what I want or need. So I guess they still do use cauterizing sometimes VP! :hmm: It did not sound fun though. :no:

FlyYourKite said:

Actually they're not common for me at all! Tuesday was the first one I think I've ever had in my life and I had one yesterday too. But they both only bled for like 5 minutes. The one this morning went for 2 and a half hours. :| The doctor figures it was from blowing my nose too much/hard and from the dryness. Our humidifier broke so I hadn't been using anything at night except for some vaseline, but we bought a new humidifier today.

:hug: It's just scary when it doesn't stop!

I can't imagine it not being able to stop - must have been very scary. :( :hug: When I read what happened to you, I was nearly physically ill... :hug:

Is it wrong though, that when I was in grade school, I used to fake nosebleeds on occasion when we were doing our runs, in order to get out of it? :( :reject:

Sad_Girl said:

:no: :hug:

I swallowed a ton of blood after they removed my tonsils and adenoids ... ended up in the hospital because I couldn't stop throwing it back up :yikes: :yuck: one of the absolute worst nights of my life

:yuck: :hug: That sounds awful SG! I absolutely hate vomiting - have a severe fear of it and vomiting blood would just send me right over the top. :heart:

That's what I was so anxious about this morning too. I didn't throw up, thankfully, but there were many moments I felt close to it.

FlyYourKite said:

:yuck: :hug: That sounds awful SG! I absolutely hate vomiting - have a severe fear of it and vomiting blood would just send me right over the top. :heart:

That's what I was so anxious about this morning too. I didn't throw up, thankfully, but there were many moments I felt close to it.

I can imagine you must've been miserable! :yikes: I'm so glad it didn't turn into vomiting, too and that you got it taken care of. It's all downhill from here, you're just going to get feeling better :hug:

VintagePunk said:

I can't imagine it not being able to stop - must have been very scary. :( :hug: When I read what happened to you, I was nearly physically ill... :hug:

Is it wrong though, that when I was in grade school, I used to fake nosebleeds on occasion when we were doing our runs, in order to get out of it? :( :reject:

:hug: :heart: Aw thanks girls, talking to you all makes me forget about everything. :)

:lol: Anything to get out of running! In Grade 10, I tore my hamstring in dance and was really messed up for awhile, but I totally milked it for more than it was worth to get out of Cross Country. :love:

FlyYourKite said:
Oh cauterizing! *lightbulb* :lol: The crazy doctor said we had two options: cauterizing or packing. He went with packing because he said cauterizing can cause scar tissue and lead to infection which isn't what I want or need. So I guess they still do use cauterizing sometimes VP! :hmm: It did not sound fun though. :no:

All cauterizing involved - and this was eons ago, back when I was 6 or 7 years old, was the doc moistening this long stick...looked like a matchstick - with something on the end of it. Then he'd stick it up your nose... :yuck: But that was about it, no pain or anything. Just something that needed to be done periodically. My older sister used to come with us and have it done, too.

Back
Top Bottom