PLEBA girls party-we smell good and so does Bono.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daygloeyes2 said:
I just went to MSNBC.com. What is wrong with Congress? They renewed the Patriot Act. :tsk: :down:

Please do not get me started on the Patriot Act. Did you know it allows law enforcement agencies to subponea your library records? Without notifying you? :mad:

Of course they say this would only be done if they suspect you of committing terrorism. Yeah. Um-hum. As I said, don't get me started .... :rant:

jobob said:
RadioFreeVirgin.com's U2 ZooRadio just played "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad." A song which I've never heard before -- and which rules.

Ladies and gentlemen, Bono sings Sinatra! :applaud:

I've still never heard that.

Too bad Sinatra would never record it. :huh:

jobob said:

Please do not get me started on the Patriot Act. Did you know it allows law enforcement agencies to subponea your library records? Without notifying you? :mad:

Of course they say this would only be done if they suspect you of committing terrorism. Yeah. Um-hum. As I said, don't get me started .... :rant:

Oh, and don't forget arresting and holding you for months without allowing you to see a lawyer. And they don't need just cause. :|

I'm all for stopping terrorists, but not for walking all over the constitution. :down:

Sad_Girl said:
Is it just me, or Does Larry look a lot like the :evil: smiley in this pic?
U2Larry107.jpg

:lmao: Okay, where's that pic from? ;)

(And yes, I'm starting to catch up! RealPlayer was :censored: slowing my browser up beyond belief! :rant: )

Drea said:

:lmao: Okay, where's that pic from? ;)

(And yes, I'm starting to catch up! RealPlayer was :censored: slowing my browser up beyond belief! :rant: )

:lol: I'm not sure, it was an interview I think, but I don't know when or where :shrug:

And it's about time, damnit! :rant: :lol: you have infinitely more patience than I do

VintagePunk said:

I've still never heard that.

Too bad Sinatra would never record it. :huh:

It is too bad. Bono wrote it especially for Sinatra.

Not that Bono didn't do an excellent job singing it in Sinatra's style.

Too bad this song's probably not included in The Complete U2. No, all those 90's disco and New Wave remixes were more important to get on the iPods ...

Our goverment really sucks sometimes. :madspit: Don't make me pull out my soapbox. :lol:

HI Drea! :hug: That pic keeps cracking me up.

I noticed something today when I was watching the VH1 special and Bono was saying something like "you've had your boy bands, where the man band." Larry had this total uncomfortable sheepish look on his face. He looked like "Oh shut up B! Your embarrasing the hell out of me!" :lol:

daygloeyes2 said:

Oh, and don't forget arresting and holding you for months without allowing you to see a lawyer. And they don't need just cause. :|

I'm all for stopping terrorists, but not for walking all over the constitution. :down:

Oh that "arresting and holding you for months without allowing you to see a lawyer," DG? Well. We just can't allow those darned foreign terrorist suspects to actually have legal rights, can we? </sarcasm>

I also hate seeing our constitutional rights destroyed in the name of fighting terrorism. And seeing most of the American public either not give a :censored: Or, worse, they say "I'll never have anything to hide!" and go along with the program.

I just realized I said all this almost a day after the London subways and buses were bombed for the second time in two weeks. :yikes: Still, isn't keeping our constitutional rights intact one of the biggest reasons why we go to war and fight terrorism?

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:
Our goverment really sucks sometimes. :madspit: Don't make me pull out my soapbox. :lol:

HI Drea! :hug: That pic keeps cracking me up.

I noticed something today when I was watching the VH1 special and Bono was saying something like "you've had your boy bands, where the man band." Larry had this total uncomfortable sheepish look on his face. He looked like "Oh shut up B! Your embarrasing the hell out of me!" :lol:

:lol: He gives Bono that look a lot :lmao:

jobob said:

Oh that "arresting and holding you for months without allowing you to see a lawyer," DG? Well. We just can't allow those darned foreign terrorist suspects to actually have legal rights, can we? </sarcasm>

I also hate seeing our constitutional rights destroyed in the name of fighting terrorism. And seeing most of the American public either not give a :censored: or, worse, just go along with the program.

:sigh:

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that most people are too lazy to examine issues and think for themselves. They're spoon fed information by republican-leaning media, and accept it as the gospel truth. :( And this is not a put-down of your country. Lord knows mine has it own fair share of these types, too.

I'm just very priviledged to know intelligent, insightful citizens of the US. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

:sigh:

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that most people are too lazy to examine issues and think for themselves. They're spoon fed information by republican-leaning media, and accept it as the gospel truth. :( And this is not a put-down of your country. Lord knows mine has it own fair share of these types, too.

I'm just very priviledged to know intelligent, insightful citizens of the US. :hug:

:sigh: :banghead: I really want to comment but I really can't :silent: :censored:

Its probably really wrong how happy Edge makes me when he starts playing and doing the Edge stomp. I'm watching the Boston DVD and he's singing and playing Sunday Bloody Sunday. I just want to give him the biggest....

:hug: :giggle:

Sad_Girl said:

:sigh: :banghead: I really want to comment but I really can't :silent: :censored:

Sorry. :hug:

If your outlook is different than mine, just know that I'm respectful of the opinions of others, as long as they're based on examination of issues. I just hate it when people follow like sheep.

daygloeyes2 said:
I just went to MSNBC.com. What is wrong with Congress? They renewed the Patriot Act. :tsk: :down:

You have got to be freakin kidding me. :tsk:

jobob said:

Ya, I did know that. omg....so...messed up...

Although slightly amusing too....of all things, your library records?

Morning Wild :hug: :heart:

Last edited:
Wild! :hug: How are you today, girl? Okay, I hope?

I couldn't believe the news yesterday (forgive the song ref) when I read of the second round of bus and subway bombings in London. I hope and pray they don't become a regular occurence.

Back
Top Bottom