PLEBA girls party-we smell good and so does Bono.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoney said:

:hyper:

Did you see my message about two loiitle parcels making their way to you :hug:

I did!!! :hug: :hug:

I was thinking, for the one package, I may go for the more expensive option...it's only about 7 dollars more, and I'll cover the extra $7. It'll be worth it for peace of mind, to get it to you faster. I'll be freaking out the whole time till it gets to you. :hug:

jobob said:
Wild! :hug: How are you today, girl? Okay, I hope?

I couldn't believe the news yesterday (forgive the song ref) when I read of the second round of bus and subway bombings in London. I hope and pray they don't become a regular occurence.

:sad: somehow i think it's only the beginning of a very nrevous time for London. Just so glad i don't work there aymore..

VintagePunk said:

Sorry. :hug:

If your outlook is different than mine, just know that I'm respectful of the opinions of others, as long as they're based on examination of issues. I just hate it when people follow like sheep.

What she said. SG, it's okay.

As I warned y'all, it wasn't an issue on which you wanted to get me started. So I started myself up anyway. It's just that one specific part of the Patriotic Act really really pisses me off .... and I'll shut up now.

VintagePunk said:

I did!!! :hug: :hug:

I was thinking, for the one package, I may go for the more expensive option...it's only about 7 dollars more, and I'll cover the extra $7. It'll be worth it for peace of mind, to get it to you faster. I'll be freaking out the whole time till it gets to you. :hug:

No problem i don't mind paying the extra:hug:

Any more re Chicago???

WildHoney said:

No problem i don't mind paying the extra:hug:

Any more re Chicago???

Not really, I was out most of the night and didn't really get to talk to anyone (Ruff) in depth.

But, I was thinking, that thing I talked to you about on MSN, that would almost cover one set of tickets...and my nephew owes me for the Pearl Jam tickets, and my niece owes me for a set of Def Leppard tickets (i ordered a set for her and her hubby, along with mine)...so when I get the money for those, that will nearly make up the 2nd set of Chicago tickets...

then it's just travel, hotel and food. :huh:

WildHoney said:

:sad: somehow i think it's only the beginning of a very nrevous time for London. Just so glad i don't work there aymore..

:hug: Aww hun. Y'all are in my thoughts, I hope for the best. :hug:

Oh, and as for some US policies, I'll keep my mouth shut now. :silent:

But did you hear about the Daylight savings time thing?

Interviewer: So..what did you think about this PM?
Paul martin: Uh...well, really, I didn't hear about it unitl......just now actually...

:lol:

Oh, and to top off lovely news of the day, my mom informed me my hairdresser Lisa :heart:....has quit, and gone back to bartending.
I'm haridresserless.:sad:

SG, it must be hard for you not being able to say anything, especially if you have strong opinions. :hug:

My brother loves Bush *gag* and he and I have VERY heated debates...yelling, and the whole bit. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
AllU21152.jpg

U2362.jpg

U2356.jpg

:hug: Thank you! These are great! And I don't have them. :hyper:

VintagePunk said:
Bri!! :hug: You smell great. :sexywink:

:flirt: Why thank you for noticing. Lemon fresh. :wink:

:lol: :hug:

When we went to the states for a family reunion, I was strictly told to keep my trap shut about Bush :lol:...cause altho most of our relatives down there don't like him, one of them, Russ, does, alot, and he's as bad, or worse than me when being loud/opinionated.

:p

And my one friend has dual-citizenship...and never have I seen someone so excited to be able to vote. :lol: :heart: She couldn't wait to vote against him.

I've never been more confused about our goverment then I have in the last few years. Sometimes its really hard being an American citizen. I love the freedoms we have, but on the other hand I feel like the current goverment takes things way to far and doesn't look at the whole picture.

I try not to say to much either, cuz I have a very jaded view of what is going on. Being married to a Gulf War vet and the daughter of a Vietnam vet, hasn't led to pleasent thoughts when it comes to our goverment and war.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Oh, and as for some US policies, I'll keep my mouth shut now. :silent:

Oh, I already know I live in a crazy country. I already know my I-like-to-think-for-myself political views are outnumbered. And poo-pooed by conservatives who think everyone should always Be A Conservative.

It's too much work to start my own country and political system. It would just be based on democracy anyway. Maybe if I hired Bono as my lobbyist/ambassador/special political consultant ... :hmm:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:flirt: Why thank you for noticing. Lemon fresh. :wink:

:lol: :hug:

When we went to the states for a family reunion, I was strictly told to keep my trap shut about Bush :lol:...cause altho most of our relatives down there don't like him, one of them, Russ, does, alot, and he's as bad, or worse than me when being loud/opinionated.

And my one friend has dual-citizenship...and never have I seen someone so excited to be able to vote. :lol :heart She couldn't wait to vote against him.

:lol: Must have been painful for you. :wink:

My brother is SUCH a dumbass. But a dumbass with a good heart, that I love dearly, y'know?? Frustrating. He's a lot older than me...was a young teen during the hippie days...peace and flowers. Then he evolved into a biker...now, he's like a redneck.

Although in recent months, I've been deluging him with Bono info, and peace and love messages...help thy fellow man, equality for all, and all that...and I think he may be coming around. :hyper: :hyper: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
VP - I will talk about it sometimes, but in more private venues It's a touchy subject, That is for sure :yes:

Russty - How about these?
AllU2969.jpg

U2368.jpg

1spin_edgebono1.jpg

SG :bow: :applaud:

Right click! Save! Save! Save! :hyper:

jobob said:

It is too bad. Bono wrote it especially for Sinatra.

Not that Bono didn't do an excellent job singing it in Sinatra's style.

Too bad this song's probably not included in The Complete U2. No, all those 90's disco and New Wave remixes were more important to get on the iPods ...

I think it is, given that the U2 marathon that that radio station did got their playlist from iTunes.. and they played it tonight :) (Yes, very Sinatra :))

VintagePunk said:

:lol: Must have been painful for you. :wink:

My brother is SUCH a dumbass. But a dumbass with a good heart, that I love dearly, y'know?? Frustrating. He's a lot older than me...was a young teen during the hippie days...peace and flowers. Then he evolved into a biker...now, he's like a redneck.

Although in recent months, I've been deluging him with Bono info, and peace and love messages...help thy fellow man, equality for all, and all that...and I think he may be coming around. :hyper: :hyper: :lol:

VP: Sounds like my brother, the Bush/Republican loving dumbass.
:wink:

I gave my brother HTDAAB last Christmas. Figured, hey, he sorta went through a religious-conversion thing the other year; he may dig its Christian lyrics. Although now I realize I may have been Bono-indoctonratring him. :cool:

Okay, this is still off on my tangent, but it's Bono related, as well. :lol:

I have heard/read B say that helping Africans achieve an acceptable standard of living is not only the humane thing to do, but also the smart thing to do. Bush is greatly oversimplifying things by saying that Muslims are "jealous of [your] freedom." It goes much deeper than that..other nations live in abject poverty, and see western nations flourish...and being that the US is the world super power, they bear the brunt of the resentment.

Helping Africans achieve an acceptable standard of living will prevent it from becoming a future breeding ground for terrorists. B is extremely insightful for pointing this out.

The one of him in drag is just so wrong! :laugh:

We don't talk about politics at my parents house. Last time we did at the dinner table, my brother opened his fat gob and I couldn't take it anymore and I started screaming. My damn mother started crying and my father started yelling that we all needed to "grow the hell up".

Mr. Cat was so funny though, gotta love him. He was quite the whole time till everyone started eating again. Then he looked at my brother and said "When you've been on the front lines of a war in a foreign country and had to threaten to take someones life, then you can talk to be about war and how it affects our country. Till then pass the damn food and shut up." I started sniggering and my dad said "I guess that settles that." :laugh:

So there is an unwritten rule now, no politics. My parents are Bush supporters. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom