Pleba Girls Party-We don't mind a bit of crooked Bono.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went from my Catholic [ukrainian non-eastern orthodox, tho my mom was a greek orhtodox] faith to very stronly rejecting the church <bri part of it was me rejectiong the my god is better tyhan your god etc stuff, just like you mention>, then considered a protestain faith, then went agonostic nearly aethistic.

I had a fantastic World's religion teacher in college.. took us to a Quaker meeting, a buddhist temple, a japaneese tea ceremony at the japan Society. we read parts of the Upanishad/ . {Hinduism

I absorbs alot of Animistic beleifs from reading NAtive AMERICAN, jAPANEESE {SHINTO & African stories whern i was very young

cafe is closing

:hug:s to you all...see you tom nite

Sad_Girl said:

God is not religion.

True. However, sometimes, at least for me, it's hard to see past the religion, with all the things I dislike about it,and uncover/rememeber what good there is underneath.

Religion is flawed. It's a human construct, and has been twisted and misused. (This MAY be why I didn't end up at the seminary when I was considering it :lol: )

though we have to learn from our history and each other about God, you always have to keep that in mind. People tend to screw things up. But God loves us anyway. :heart:

If there's one thing I learned at uni this year, it's that religion is seriosly flawed. :yes: Twisted, misused, misinterpreted, rewritten, fudged.....
I have to admit, as much as I disliked it, It *was* interesting to stduy Genesis, Sermon on the Mount, Song of Songs, etc...
Of course, it also only increased my disdain of releigion...:shrug:
*Especially* the song of songs. (it increased my disdain, in fact I loved the song of songs)

Oh, random thing.....Technically Bono could offend people with the song Yahweh (or so I learned in class)..seeing as it is a word not to be spoken, etc...
:shrug:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

:lmao:
Maybe you can set up your own evening sect?
Oh!
omg! Online meetings :lol: We can do that :wink:

You've been brainwashed!
OMG! By a bunch of tolerent people who want to help people!
THE HORROR!
:wink: :hug:

Online meetings :drool: :drool: And I could have two windows open, and still come here!! :happy:

:lmao:

Sad_Girl said:
Thanks you guys. I think another group hug is in order.

6.gif

I agree with Russty and Eless, it's very nice to be able to talk about this rationally and calmly, openly and without getting offended. I love this place more every day :heart:

:yes:
It's nice to be able to just discuss things like this. Without people getting offened, upset...just good freiendly conversation.
:hug: :heart:

Hi Fly!!! :hug:

Well VP it seems that I could easily be a UU. :giggle: They hold alot of my personal beliefs, especially the equality for all people. <holding in the urge to get on my soapbox> :laugh:

Since we are on a heavier topicf, I have one to ask....

Are any of you vegetarians?

Sad_Girl said:

It was a great comment; very much something which concerns a lot of people.
I :heart: talking about this stuff with you :flirt:

I think that's the *first* time anyone has responded nicely to that observation of mine...
:hug:

VintagePunk said:

I do too. :hug: That's the problem with the world...people generally aren't willing to listen, and be respectful of each other, despite differing beliefs. :sad: And it's a shame, because there's a lot to be learned.

:yes: :heart:
Hmm....maybe people should stop teasing us scary plebans...and maybe see the truth behind the lies....(ok that was cheesy lol)........But some I think could take an example of how many plebans behave

Last edited:
**Liesa** said:
You girls seem very wise and since we seem to be talking about all sorts of religious and serious things, so mind if i have a rant/advice seeking session?

Ok, well, after I got dumped by my boyfriend who I still love with my whole heart. (Go figure.) I asked God to help me get over him, so I could find who I was meant for. Now I was totally ready to hear from God in some form go forth and be happy and wait for Mr. Right, but instead he keeps on sending all these bloody messages about waiting for Jeff. (ex-boyfriend)

What am I supposed to do? I'm totally confused and a bit irritated.

(I'm such a whiner, as you will all soon know, lol)

And congratualtions on reading all that inane babble that I typed. :wink:

I have an opinion, but it would probably come off as sounding far harsher than it really is..so I'll just shut up. :reject: :lol:

Wow, I am so totally not used to how quickly the posting happens...I don't even know where my long rant post went, lol.

Russty Cat said:
Hi Fly!!! :hug:

Well VP it seems that I could easily be a UU. :giggle: They hold alot of my personal beliefs, especially the equality for all people. <holding in the urge to get on my soapbox> :laugh:

Since we are on a heavier topicf, I have one to ask....

Exactly...and that's what pisses me off about all other religions (Chritianity included), that theirs is the only "right" one...which is exactly the point that Bri brought up. That's why this is SO appealing to me.

Meat :drool: No. :lol:

I like heavy topics :reject: :wink:

I'll throw in my 2 cents. I was baptised and went to a Catholic school all through my youngin' years...and haven't stepped foot in a church in over 2 years. :yikes: :reject: Like VP, I've had a falling out I guess you could say.

And I've tried to be a vegetarian Russty but it only lasted a few months. I have hypoglycemia and it was really hard trying to get enough protein...plus I just love meat :drool:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I think that's the *first* time anyone has responded nicely to that observation of mine...

Hmm....maybe people should stop teasing us scary plebans...and maybe see the truth behind the lies....(ok that was cheesy lol)........But some I think could take an example of how many plebans behave

Well said, my dear!! :hug: :heart:

I was a vegetarian for awhile until it became clear to me that all I was eating was tofu fake meat, and that was just wrong and it tasted really bad so now I just eat chicken because I just really like chicken.

:hug: Bye Dazz, Luv U hun! See you soon.

Liesa, you need to do what feels right to you. I know it isn't a popular opinion, but I am strongly into the concept of choosing your path based on your feelings and not on what other people say about it.

I'm in a strangely similar situation; it's a long story which I don't want to re-hash at the moment, but I've made some tough and unpopular decisions along the way. And I don't regret them. Be open to God's guidance, keep it in your prayers, and realize it may just be a phase in your life in which you need to be alone.

Maybe it will change, the cynic/realist in me says more likely Jeff won't change, but by the time that is clear in your heart, you'll be ready to move on. There's no sense, in my mind, in trying to force yourself into something which just feels wrong.

But take care of yourself and realize you deserve to be loved and happy

Did any of that make sense?

~BrightestStar~ said:

look what you started SG :shame:

I almost scanned byy Bono Bum for religious discussion!!! :shocked:

Glad I stopped myself in time. :wink:

:drool:

:lmao: I'm with ya. Religion talk is fine and well, but sometimes you gotta take a page outta Edge's book and be *eyes-on-Bono's-crisis* :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I would be.....if I could give up meat. :wink:

Alot of my friends thought I was (I guess cause I go on about animals, rights etc, sometimes)...but I'm not.

However, many people in my program are, so vegan food is often offered, and a vegan restuarnat was opened on campus (started by people in my programme)

I respect people who are...but am too weak to do it myself.

Last edited:
**Liesa** said:
I don't get offended too easily so please do share VP. :)

I'm a psych major, so this might help explain my answer....but when looking from "signs" from God (which I personally don't put much stock into, although I respect that others do)..I think people tend to see what they want to see, things that will help to justify the course of action they want to take.

For example (and I could be talking out my ass here, so disregard if you want :wink: ), you think you want to let your b/f go, and look for Mr. Right...but there's a part of you that's really not ready to let go (and you did say that you still love him)...so hence, any "sign" that you see will be point firmly to the "get old b/f back" side.

It's human nature. :hug:

**Liesa** said:
You girls seem very wise and since we seem to be talking about all sorts of religious and serious things, so mind if i have a rant/advice seeking session?

Ok, well, after I got dumped by my boyfriend who I still love with my whole heart. (Go figure.) I asked God to help me get over him, so I could find who I was meant for. Now I was totally ready to hear from God in some form go forth and be happy and wait for Mr. Right, but instead he keeps on sending all these bloody messages about waiting for Jeff. (ex-boyfriend)

What am I supposed to do? I'm totally confused and a bit irritated.

(I'm such a whiner, as you will all soon know, lol)

And congratualtions on reading all that inane babble that I typed. :wink:

Liesa, I totally understand how you feel. I had a similar experience. My 3 best friends growing up where guys. One in particular who I was very close with was in love with me for 8 years, before I ever knew a thing about it. His mother informed me that he had deep feelings for me. So late one night in the desert in Mexico I agreed to start dating him. Well about a month later I fell deeply in love with him. He became the most important person in my life. A short time later he broke it off. It seems that he had all these feelings bottled up for years and had me on such a pedestal I could never live up to it.

I was devestated when we broke up. I told him that I loved him deeply and that I would do anything to get him back. I prayed so hard about it and God kept telling me to wait on him. That he would come around, that things would get better. It was so hard, because I had lost my best friend and my boyfriend in one single moment. Well I waited around for a bit and eventually late one night we talked and made peace about the whole thing. Deep down he did still love me, but there were other things in life that kept us from being able to be together.

About six weeks later he was a groomsmen in my wedding to another man. :giggle: And he moved in with my parents when I moved out. We never did get back together, but I do feel better about how it all turned out. I've learned that sometimes love just isn't enough to hold it together. :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

They're just jealous because we can express our feelings and thoughts freely and without shame.

We're very well rounded people :wink:

And since Eles was brave enough to let on that she posted her poetry, I guess I'll put up the links to my old threads in DOL...
That was my original haunt here on interference, it's been awhile since I updated any of them :reject:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120696&highlight=SadGirl

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126883&highlight=SadGirl

Liesa, I'm afraid I've banned myself from giving relationship advice. I'm too stank. Wicked stank. Stank on an epic scale. Not because I hate men. Not because I hate women for that matter either. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

But I will say this. Stick with the following phrase and you can not go wrong: Honor above all else but loyalty. The best way, I think, to know God's will (a tricky proposition any way you look at it) is to consider what best serves His purpose. And usually that is a personal, individual thing. Not that you can't accomplish things for God as a couple or with someone, but God's interested in you first and you as part of a couple second.

But really, what do I know. :wink:

Indeed it did SG...I know what you're saying. I have this cynical little voice in my head saying why the heck are you even thinking that, but still I know what I've been hearing and seeing. It's just too much to ignore.

I don't know if circumstances have anything to do with anything in this case, but we hadn't seen eachoter for awhile. (In the middle of a summer apart) I had been really depressed for about 6 months and I wasn't treating him very well. It's not that there was anything wrong with us, it was just that he didn't think that he could make me or himself happy anymore.

Since then, I'm no longer depressed and I don't know. It just feels wrong not to have him in my life.

I've really got to learn to keep my pie hole shut. If you allow me I'll just talk you ear off.

Back
Top Bottom