PLEBA girls party-we do a good Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
susanp6 said:
I agree VP! You can really see so much emotion when you watch Slane, as i did when i saw them here in Glasgow only days before that show so i saw first-hand for myself when you saw his face close-up! I could tell from looking in his eyes that he was hurting incredibly! Poor Bono was all i kept thinking, but he still managed to sing his heart out - bless him! :love: :heart:

Awww, I'm glad you got to experience that show, must have been amazing!! :hug:

I don't get a sense of hurt from watching Slane, though. What I get is almost a mixture of a weight being lifted off his shoulders, and a sense of joy and increcible openness with the audience. :heart:

Not that I'm an authority or anything, but often when loved ones who are terminal pass, there is a sense of relief...and given Bono's spiritual beliefs, this was probably even more pronounced with him...he knew his dad was gone to a better place, and probably felt joyous about it, despite his grief.

I don't know if I'm even explaining this right...but to me, there seems a real sense of emotional openness, that wasn't present in the Boston DVD.

Damn I have to go my baby needs some attention. The little stinker is having a bit of a meltdown.

I'll be back later when I get the monkey children to bed.

Nighty night to everyone who has to go to bed soon.

:hug: susan who I know should be in a bed soon (hehe) Just in case I don't see ya later. :D

VintagePunk said:

Awww, I'm glad you got to experience that show, must have been amazing!! :hug:

I don't get a sense of hurt from watching Slane, though. What I get is almost a mixture of a weight being lifted off his shoulders, and a sense of joy and increcible openness with the audience. :heart:

Not that I'm an authority or anything, but often when loved ones who are terminal pass, there is a sense of relief...and given Bono's spiritual beliefs, this was probably even more pronounced with him...he knew his dad was gone to a better place, and probably felt joyous about it, despite his grief.

I don't know if I'm even explaining this right...but to me, there seems a real sense of emotional openness, that wasn't present in the Boston DVD.

Death and Loss is a strange and sort of unique thing for people who deeply, truly believe (I just finished a HUGE research project for my Psych of Death and Dying class) Because it's a struggle to balance happiness, relief and then bitter, empty sorrow at the very same time

I take it back about putting Bono and Edge out further in this... Larry and Adam are both just as Artistic... it's not always easy to notice when four people are together who each one outshines the other in their enthusiasm and drive to create something ... important and moving and beautiful

Oh. My. God. Bono's voice/Irish accent :combust:

I listened to Red Rocks and AB on the way to/from school today (makes the long commute much more pleasant :wink:) and for some reason, I was especially conscious of the way he pronounces certain words..just now, I heard him say on the dvd..."lover, i'm on the street.." from the beginning of Desire :combust: :combust:

Wish I could phonetically type out the way he says "lover," but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about...

Holy shit. :combust:

It was amazing VP! It's strange trying to explain it for me, but it's good to be able to say i can understand how Bono felt at that period in his life&that i was at a concert that was so close to what happened - Hope that doesn't sound wrong! :huh:

Maybe it was just that by the time they reached Dublin, he had come round to feeling more at peace with it than a few days before when i saw him!

VintagePunk said:
Oh. My. God. Bono's voice/Irish accent :combust:

I listened to Red Rocks and AB on the way to/from school today (makes the long commute much more pleasant :wink:) and for some reason, I was especially conscious of the way he pronounces certain words..just now, I heard him say on the dvd..."lover, i'm on the street.." from the beginning of Desire :combust: :combust:

Wish I could phonetically type out the way he says "lover," but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about...

Holy shit. :combust:

I know exactly what you mean, believe me. I love accents (Hee hee Another reason I developed such a crush on Larry... he's got such a CUTE way of speaking :cute: )
It's definitely pleasant to imagine that voice/accent saying certain things in your ear :faint:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

Death and Loss is a strange and sort of unique thing for people who deeply, truly believe (I just finished a HUGE research project for my Psych of Death and Dying class) Because it's a struggle to balance happiness, relief and then bitter, empty sorrow at the very same time

Yup, definitely a very complex subject. And can be interpreted in many different ways. That's why i said I get a sense of relief and almost joy out of Slane, mixed with a bit of sadness...all resulting with incredible openness...someone else might see something completely different. What do you think of it? It's Slane that you just got recently, right??

susanp6 said:
It was amazing VP! It's strange trying to explain it for me, but it's good to be able to say i can understand how Bono felt at that period in his life&that i was at a concert that was so close to what happened - Hope that doesn't sound wrong! :huh:

Maybe it was just that by the time they reached Dublin, he had come round to feeling more at peace with it than a few days before when i saw him!

Doesn't sound wrong at all! I would imagine it's like sharing an intense emotional connection with him...he's so giving to his audiences. :hug:

Later Russty! :hug:

Awww nite rustty! Teehee! :hug:

Oh SG - You do a class in death! That must get a bit depressing at times - is it? I was telling a few of the girls a while back about the Open University over here&no-one had heard of it really, apart from ruff, i think! Anyway, it is apparently the 8th biggest University in Britain! I noticed that they do a similar course to yours when i was reading their prospectus a while ago! Interesting courses in there! :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Yup, definitely a very complex subject. And can be interpreted in many different ways. That's why i said I get a sense of relief and almost joy out of Slane, mixed with a bit of sadness...all resulting with incredible openness...someone else might see something completely different. What do you think of it? It's Slane that you just got recently, right??

Yeah, exactly; I agree completely; I watched it AGAIN today, and there is just this sense of worshipfulness and love, comunion with people on a very personal level despite the fact that there were SO MANY people who were no doubt completely different in many ways, but ...
It's like the phrase that says God wants people to have faith like a child, and I always think of Bono because he displays that so well. (not to say he isn't serious and complex, but I think you understand what I'm saying)

We seem to be on the same train of thought :D

completely off topic - on the dvd i'm watching, there is this U2 through the ages montage...Sarah yelled at me to pause and go back...she said there was a shot of Bono looking like Johnny Depp as Willie Wonka in the commercials...she was right!! Took a pic of it, and will upload later. Creepy! :lol:

VintagePunk said:
completely off topic - on the dvd i'm watching, there is this U2 through the ages montage...Sarah yelled at me to pause and go back...she said there was a shot of Bono looking like Johnny Depp as Willie Wonka in the commercials...she was right!! Took a pic of it, and will upload later. Creepy! :lol:

:lol:

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, exactly; I agree completely; I watched it AGAIN today, and there is just this sense of worshipfulness and love, comunion with people on a very personal level despite the fact that there were SO MANY people who were no doubt completely different in many ways, but ...
It's like the phrase that says God wants people to have faith like a child, and I always think of Bono because he displays that so well. (not to say he isn't serious and complex, but I think you understand what I'm saying)

We seem to be on the same train of thought :D

Exactly. :yes:

I know EXACTLY what you mean VP! He makes it sound as tho he's saying luvuur!!! :combust: :combust:

Is it Slane you're talking about when you describe Desire?

It's so moving when he's talking about asking his dad to lend him £500! That's another thing he says, while sounding very sexy! :drool:

susanp6 said:
Awww nite rustty! Teehee! :hug:

Oh SG - You do a class in death! That must get a bit depressing at times - is it? I was telling a few of the girls a while back about the Open University over here&no-one had heard of it really, apart from ruff, i think! Anyway, it is apparently the 8th biggest University in Britain! I noticed that they do a similar course to yours when i was reading their prospectus a while ago! Interesting courses in there! :wink:

It will sound strange, but it was probably my favorite course I've taken outside of my EMS training. I have an instinctive curiousity about all things philosophical, and it was really eye opening to see the different ways people have faced death in different cultures, places in the world and eras.

It was really odd timing because while we discussed living wills and nursing homes, my Grandmother got really sick and needed to go through all of that... It's something most people just don't know enough about before they need to make the important decisions, so it was good to be prepared to help her.

This might sound over the top...but I have come to the firm belief that Bono is most like a modern-day saint...for the incredible works he's done on behalf of others, mostly.
But the strangest part? Have you ever listened to the lyrics of Please? So prophetic of 9/11...and then earlier while watching this DVD, I was saying to Sarah that the lyrics to Walk On are like a post-9/11 hug...despite the fact it was recorded the year before...

susanp6 said:
I know EXACTLY what you mean VP! He makes it sound as tho he's saying luvuur!!! :combust: :combust:

Is it Slane you're talking about when you describe Desire?

It's so moving when he's talking about asking his dad to lend him £500! That's another thing he says, while sounding very sexy! :drool:

The version of Desire is from the album, if im not mistaken. But I know what you mean about Slane. :combust:

I LOVE OOC, and the speech in the middle!!

SG - Oh i absolutely agree with you on that! People should be MORE prepared for what might happen - It goes thru my mind a lot! I think my mum told me that she has a certain amount in savings which will be there for me&suchlike whenever it happens!

Still unpleasant and sad for me to imagine her not being here, altho she's always boasting that she's going to be around for quite a while! :wink: She does think yopung&have a laugh, which is great! :yes: :up:

I'm so glad that she thinks that way - wish more would! :sigh:

I think I've discussed this a couple of times here at interference, but I'm not sure if it was here or with any of you, but I was very very close to suicide last year and It sounds .... weird I guess, to some people, but Listening to their music (a few songs in particular, Walk On, Kite, Bad, One, and then it really really packed a punch when Sometimes came out) literally saved my life.

I have this posted in Dream Out loud:

-We don’t have much in common. We weren’t born or raised in the same country, or the same generation for that matter. We’re not the same gender, I’m sure we have more things that are contrary to each other than we have alike. We’ve never met. (& probably never will).

But I want to say thank you. Thank you for sharing your light with the world. Thank you for your music; which is more healing than any medicine I have ever taken. Thank you for the words you have given the world, the lives you have led.

I want to say thank you, mostly, because your music saved my life. I was at what was I believe the darkest point in my life, and it was your music which kept me going when there were so many reasons to want to quit. I believe in God. I love God. I’m not discrediting him by thanking you. I thank him for you quite frequently.

So, there it is.

Thank you, Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam. Thank you for sharing your gifts; your music, your words. Thank you for helping me hold on to life when I had lost sight of everything important, while floating in a dark sea of despair. The four of you were my lighthouse; my beacon. Your music led me back to life.

-Sincerely,
Lynda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom