PLEBA girls party-we do a good Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
susanp6 said:
She does think yopung&have a laugh, which is great! :yes: :up:

I'm so glad that she thinks that way - wish more would! :sigh:

Absolutely! I'm glad to hear that, for you. My mom is the same way, very young at heart and spirit, and I'm always thankful for that because I know a lot of people who don't hang on to that

Sad_Girl said:
I think I've discussed this a couple of times here at interference, but I'm not sure if it was here or with any of you, but I was very very close to suicide last year and It sounds .... weird I guess, to some people, but Listening to their music (a few songs in particular, Walk On, Kite, Bad, One, and then it really really packed a punch when Sometimes came out) literally saved my life.

I have this posted in Dream Out loud:

-We don’t have much in common. We weren’t born or raised in the same country, or the same generation for that matter. We’re not the same gender, I’m sure we have more things that are contrary to each other than we have alike. We’ve never met. (& probably never will).

But I want to say thank you. Thank you for sharing your light with the world. Thank you for your music; which is more healing than any medicine I have ever taken. Thank you for the words you have given the world, the lives you have led.

I want to say thank you, mostly, because your music saved my life. I was at what was I believe the darkest point in my life, and it was your music which kept me going when there were so many reasons to want to quit. I believe in God. I love God. I’m not discrediting him by thanking you. I thank him for you quite frequently.

So, there it is.

Thank you, Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam. Thank you for sharing your gifts; your music, your words. Thank you for helping me hold on to life when I had lost sight of everything important, while floating in a dark sea of despair. The four of you were my lighthouse; my beacon. Your music led me back to life.

-Sincerely,
Lynda

Wonderfully put.

That's how I've feel about them. I didn't discover them until last year(obviously I knew who they were, but I wasn't a fan), and their music has helped me get through alot of rough times. They've also influenced my spiritual beliefs. I wish I had discovered them a few years ago, when my life was an absolute hell. It would have made it a little easier.

VintagePunk said:
SG...wow..very profound. I'm so glad they has that effect on you, and that you're here with us, now. I'm grateful, in fact. :hug: :hug:

:hug: Thank you :hug: I am too. *sniffle*

Not that I meant to be a downer or anything! :reject:

daygloeyes2 said:

their music has helped me get through alot of rough times. They've also influenced my spiritual beliefs. I wish I had discovered them a few years ago, when my life was an absolute hell. It would have made it a little easier.

:hug: I'm so glad to hear that. :hug: and thanks to them, we have each other to talk to now, as well!

Last edited:
:hug: Aww, Snooky! Wow, it's so cool to be here with you guys like this and know I'm not just being silly about my respect for them!

3.gif

SG - :applaud: :applaud:

That was lovely :hug:

I've felt suicidal myself from time to time, but music saves me time and time again&of course U2 are rite up there&i feel uplifted by Walk on too!

That is spooky about the lyrics of Please - There has been many a discussion on the boards here about how that could have been Bono having some kind of premonition! :(

I believe people have premonitions all the time but they don't understand them or couldn't do anything about them anyway.
The weekend before 9/11 my sister and I both had recurring dreams two nights in a row about a plane crash and being on the ground with something coming from the sky that was like snow but not snow, it was hot and dirty and grey

Sad_Girl said:
I believe people have premonitions all the time but they don't understand them or couldn't do anything about them anyway.
The weekend before 9/11 my sister and I both had recurring dreams two nights in a row about a plane crash and being on the ground with something coming from the sky that was like snow but not snow, it was hot and dirty and grey

I have had dreams about things before they happen
I dreamed about Mr. SP before I met him:crazy:

Gosh! That's so creepy SG! It was awful that day :sad: :sad:

I'll never forget the horror of what i saw that afternoon when i switched on my Tv :no: I was glud to it for hours before i could move an inch! It had been a lovely sunny day&i had just seen my mum off as she was going to visit a friend for the week! She didn't see it til much later!

The thing that hurt me so much was thinking of the poor people jumping out :sad:

Well i'm off to bed now, i'm afraid&i do hate the time zones!

Got stuff to do tomorrow - touch boring really! :huh:

Nite SG&SP& anyone who's there! :wave:

susanp6 said:

I'll never forget the horror of what i saw that afternoon when i switched on my Tv :no: I was glud to it for hours before i could move an inch! It had been a lovely sunny day&i had just seen my mum off as she was going to visit a friend for the week! She didn't see it til much later!

The thing that hurt me so much was thinking of the poor people jumping out :sad:
I remember watching it, thinking this is a bad dream, it can't be real:sad:

susanp6 said:

Yeah, I was sleeping in that morning and I turned on the tv before I even got out of bed... I started watching right before the second tower collapsed and watched all morning and afternoon, I couldn't believe it. Then in the afternoon I sat and watched with my family... My nephews were just 9 and 11 at the time, how do explain something like this to them, you know?

I was on the list of Firefighters/EMT's we had ready to go out there when they needed help, but they took the closest people first and they all refused to stop working and rest or go home, so noone from our area ended up being called out.

I just watched 20 minutes of that new Britney Spears show. I think my IQ went down 10 points.

What was I expecting? It's Britney. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom